Loki84

Do you masturbate?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

jewel_box554
No, I've never masturbated. It's gross.

Agreed. Gosh, I can't even contemplate the use of a tampon, let alone that putting anything in there could be considered pleasant in any way.

Yeah, same here. I've never used a tampon ever and don't intend to. Just the thought of it is enough to make me cry. I don't know why I feel so threatened....

i've tried, but it doesn't do anything for me.

• 2 weeks later...
dfgdgdfgdfgdgdfgdg

As others said, it's a nice stress relief. I also sometimes do it when I'm bored but this changed since I found something else to waste my time. I still seldom feel the urge to masturbate although I've a high attraction to woman (love their look).

• 5 months later...

I'm surprised that there have been more "yes" votes than "no" so far. There's nothing wrong with that, I guess for some reason I just assumed that the majority of asexual people did not masturbate. But it looks like I've been proven wrong...:P

(I'm a "no," by the way. Tried it once. Thought it was boring. Haven't done it since.)

ratatosk_lemur

I do it at times--more often than I wish I did--either due to boredom or to make arousal go away. The physical sensation of the early stages of it can be pleasant, also, but I don't really enjoy the last part and find orgasm actively unpleasant, so that the thing that makes me finish is mostly just wanting it to go away.

• 1 month later...

Yes, and I even like it. I masturbate to my fetish though and if I didn't have a fetish I don't think I would do it at all.

I do, but in the way as described by Prophetess.

Possible TMI warning...

I have masturbated (and on the rare occasion still do). But not in a "wow, I'm turned on and need to masturbate" kind of way. It's more of a "I'm bored and watching bad television and I've got nothing else to do" sort of thing. I never feel a need to do it. It just kinda happens accidentally when I'm bored-- I'll keep all my clothes on, but somehow belly rubbing becomes absent-minded fondling. I don't have a single sexual thought in my head, and actually thinking about sex (or especially channel surfing and accidentally seeing some!) is the quickest way to stop the whole event. I'm typically thinking about something entirely other than sex, and... well... basically, I guess I'd liken it most to a massage-- my body's nerves enjoy the sensation in its most basic form, and while sometimes I'll have an orgasm, it's not really that different from a foot rub or stroking your lip. It's just an enjoyable sensation, with no real extra special meaning behind it. So more often than not, I'll just give up long before I have an orgasm. I only masturbate once every few months or something, and don't have a drive for it-- it's just like a backrub or something. Sometimes I'll rub my back for a few seconds, but my arm won't like the effort so I'll just stop and not think anything else of it. Same thing with masturbating. I'm not very "goal-oriented" in my masturbatory habits, such as they are. In summary-- it kinda feels good, but so does eating cake. But since I can eat cake with a fork, and not get my fingers all sticky, I'll probably pick cake over masturbating any day.

• 10 months later...
CrazyCatLover

I'm going to bump this one up if nobody minds...

*hopes nobody minds*

Yes, often. But not everyday. It basically comes down to the whole "I don't need another person to be sexual" attitude, haha.
Yes, because:

1. It is definitely correlated with my menstral cycle and hormone levels, as other women have mentioned.

2. It's like when those pyschologists took a bunch rats and made it so that everytime they pressed a metal bar it stimulated the pleasure center of the brain, so of course, the rats wouldn't stop pressing the bar (my psych professor did a great impression of this). Anyway, the clit is like that metal bar, when I press it, I can't help but feel good :shock: - it's just the wiring.

Just because I masturbate doesn't mean I want sex.

I think these people have phrased it perfectly. I masturbate maybe 3-4 times a week, when my body is feeling restless... it's kind of that compulsive thing that just sort of happens without me even thinking about it. And the urge is especially strong when my hormones are on a rampage. Bored, restless... can't sleep. That kind of thing. It's become just an absentminded habit.

The organs suddenly got..er...greedy....recently. >_<

Me too! Damned hormones... <_<

• 1 month later...

I recently joined a sex forum to raise awareness about asexuality, and they got in a tizzy over the fact that I masturbated every once in awhile. Here is my reply.

REPLY#1:There is no need to get stuck on the issue of me masturbating. The act of masturbation does not automatically imply that one associates it with a form of sexual gratification, and as a means of relief between partners. Also, as stated before, a fair amount in the asexual community admit to masturbation. They have no direction for it(a materialistic one perhaps), and experience no, or little, sexual attraction in regard to male and females. We are not a group of people who are repressed sexually, and in a struggle. It's arrogant to assume that every human is a lustful, sexually driven person.

#2:Let me expand on the issue of me masturbating. To me, masturbation is a purely mechanical and chemical process. A mild form of release, like scratching an itch, and I expect what I experience is radically less pleasurable then what others do;otherwise, I would pursue a sexual relationship. Outside of the less than glamorous act of masturbation, I have no desire or interest in engaging in any other form of 'sexual' activity. What I am basically getting at is, neither male nor female can get me aroused, despite their best efforts. I am not sexually interested in people nor activity.

Guest Heligan
It basically comes down to the whole "I don't need another person to be sexual" attitude, haha.

That's basically my perspective -- "I can take care of my own needs, thank you!" ;) If another person were involved, they'd just postpone or prolong it, wouldn't do it properly :)

What I might need another person for is the cuddles. That's where self-reliance pretty much stops.

:lol: I'm a sexual Emersonian.

I used to be demisexual, so I have to admit sometimes other people can be 'useful'... but its a bit hit and miss - but then it can be a bit hit and miss solo too.

Main reason for me responding is to say ............Yeah self-reliance has its limits! If only there were a solo alternative to cuddles.

When I first heard about asexuality(Not on AVEN) it WAS "Someone who dosen't feel sexual attraction or desire for someone else, not even masturbation" well...the description was in french and I have I little problem about translating, but you get the idea.

For me asexuality was not having a sexuality... I suppose I was wrong

Now, in AVEN, wich is THE reference for the adequate definition, It is a the lack of a sexual orientation, meaning you don't want sexual relations with someone but MAY still ejoy masturbation, it's irrevelant.

So an asexual CAN be "sexual"...because when someone enjoys sex, even if it's only alone, masturbation is still sex and positively sexual.

I voted no, I do not masturbate and don't have any desire to do so.

I guess null-sexual, un-sexual, no-sexual (or whatever I am) is seen as a sub-group in asexuality.

Guest epiccentury

About twice a month I will masturbate.

Generally when I can't sleep I'll do it. Very seldom do I do it out of arousal, but every now and then I randomly get aroused for no reason and can't do anything until I get it out of the way.

I randomly get aroused for no reason and can't do anything until I get it out of the way.

Same thing happens to me too..I thought it was a mental problem I had (not being able to get anything done until taken care of) Guess it's not

Yes, sadly.

I wish I had never done it that first time and gotten myself addicted. I wish I could just stop.

Kurai-Tenshi_Niks

Ah -sigh- yes.

But, i don't go for the whole penetration thing,

i'm too uncomfortable with that..

I masturbate on an average of twice a week..less probably.

Archived