Masturbation

Loki84

Do you masturbate?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I masturbate, but don't orgasm

I wonder if there are any people who involuntarily orgasm without masturbating.

If so, is there a cure?

Or more interestingly, do they want to be cured?

Yes! Females and males both. (links to the indispensible www.goaskalice.com)

Doesn't sound like much fun at all, actually. :?

My guess would be that since sexual pleasure (which can, presumably, be derived from mastrubation without involving another person in it the way sex requires) is, as stated, wired to the pleasure center of the brain, it serves as a pleasurable and possibly psychologically addictive activity, similar to many other odd activities people participate in.

• 3 weeks later...
helana12_03

No, and I don't see why I should...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I do but I go for weeks without having any urge to at all and then some times will do it several times in one day. I think it is to do with my menstrual cycle but as that is very irregular, so are the times when I feel the need.

Wee_Little_Me

Me? Masterbate? Pfft no. If I DO touch myself its not for a period longer than 5seconds. Just have no desire to touch longer than that. Since I dont consider a slgiht rub as masterbation, no i dont masterbate.

oneofthesun

I know this has been said before but men actually should masturbate.

Women can't have a vaginal hysterectomy their bodies are virginal. Also, I know this might not be the reason why you don't use them, but tampons are so small they don't count toward stretching anything.

Interesting numbers, when its roughly almost 40% that do not... when you consider that probably about 99.99999% of "sexual" people do!!!

I've never even thought about wasting my time that way... I have more fun crawling under my Buick to change the oil, dusting furniture, mopping floors, cleaning the litter box...

I did try masterbation when I was younger, mainly to try and prove that I was a "normal man". However I dislike my sexual organs, and so am happy to leave them alone. I would be quite happy if it could be removed, but sadly this seems unlikely to happen.

All my love,

Kate

I voted yes, but I only do it through at least 2 layers of clothing, after that it seems a bit eeeeewwwwww. Its more of a massage really.

Yolly

I voted no because I no longer masturbate. There was a time when I was very confused and in denial about my asexuality, and I used masturbation as a way to try to "cure" myself. Of course, it didn't work; it just frustrated me to the point that I eventually accepted my asexuality. Now I despise my lady parts and wish that they would just go away...

Um - I used to rather regularly, and do occasionally still. I don't want to extend further than that.

I'm fed up with fundamentalists saying it's immoral. (Unlike most of the "fundamentalist problems", we do have that one here in the UK. Luckily the Evolution one hasn't crossed the deep pond.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've attempted it a couple of times, back when my friends talked about it all the time and I assumed it was something that I had to do eventually, but I've never successfully masterbated.

Nico-Nico Friendo

Rarely. (No sticking things 'up there', either. Yuck! Eew gross. Not even tampons.)

Only at night when I can't sleep (Causes: Loniness? Tension?). Even then, it rarely amounts to anything. Sometimes I just get bored trying and fall asleep anyway. A couple of times I think I orgasmed, but I was like, "Yawn. Is that it? Is this what everyone gets so excited about? . . . I don't get it. :? " Does that (and the fact that I can't imagine going it with some person -- let alone even kissing them on the lips or intimate places) make me asexual? I'm starting to think so.

Personally, I think a back massage feels better. That's more of what I'd prefer. :wink:

Goodness, people have so much contempt and misinformation about masturbation! Most women don't stick things "up there," ouch! *cringes* I do [masturbate], but, as has been said before, it doesn't have anything to do with sex. It's like massaging your neck when it hurts. It feels nice.

Nope, never felt the need, thankgod.

Though my slight obsession with cleanliness and hygiene and not feeling like my hands have been 'contaminated' probably has something to do with it. How annoying it would be to have get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night to wash your hands thoroughly, while avoiding touching anything else. Eww. I can't really understand how that doesn't bother other people. (At risk of asking for TMI, do most people even bother washing their hands? :?:)

• 2 months later...
The organs down there don't seem to need anything from me, so I don't give them anything. :wink:

The organs suddenly got..er...greedy....recently. >_<

Well, I masturbate, but don't orgasm. Just doesn't work.

Sexual stimulation without sexual gratification--it's more frustrating than not doing it at all, but every month my hormones tell me, "this time it'll work!" I think the main problem is my brain feels it has to be involved somehow, and trips things up. "Hey, can I help? Whatcha doin'? Are we there yet? I'm booored."

:lol: :lol: I can totally relate.

I dont masturbate..I dont even use tampons.

You don't even have to touch your vagina to masturbate *grin*

I have before, and sometimes I still do. It is rare though maybe once a month.

I am 90% of the time to busy with other stuff to Fap (Yes Fap is a word http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fap) I mean it is hard to have ahold of your meat when playing PS2, IMing on a labtop, downloading eps of 24, and drinking a diet coke at the same time. XD

I voted no. I did do it twice, once to see what all the fuss was about and again to make sure I was doing it right because the first time wasn't all that great. :wink: I don't remember when it was exactly, but they were both between the ages of 11 and 16, at least. I don't remember feeling grossed out about it, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. I get aroused sometimes, I think, but I can get rid of it (it's very annoying) without doing anything physical (if I just fantasize for a moment it'll go away). I'm really hoping that's due to elevated hormones due to puberty or something and it'll go away eventually (I'm 17, almost 18).

I don't masturbate, although I do have a form of fetish. I can get aroused from it, and sometimes fantasize, but I don't get any desire for orgasm or sexual activity.

choose_abstinence

Gross habit and I have no drive. I seriously wonder how an asexual masturbates successfully without anything to "turn" him on. I have touched my penis countless times and once in a while get an erection which quickly goes away. There is no good feeling and no interest. Thats driveless asexual for ya. I am shocked so many asexuals masturbate, I thought thats the % of sexuals that do! :shock:

I don't, because it takes so long to get myself remotely aroused that I don't bother. I don't enjoy being touched, I don't enjoy orgasms, and I don't randomly find myself aroused if I don't masturbate. There's just no point to it in my case. :?

Revenge of Rain

Minor linguistic point, but 'turn' and 'turn on' are different words if that's what you'd call them. Regardless of whether or not 'turn on' has a comprehensible meaning, which it really seems to compared to some crazy compound verbs, you'd be making no sense by referring to 'turn' in order to disagree with the use of one of its derivatives. Also, what would be the purpose of neglecting the appropriateness of the word? Would you say 'arouse' instead? Is that because it has a better meaning, or because the meaning isn't so immediately clear, and thus you can just pass over it without worry?

I'm going crazy, I apologise...

Nope, never felt the need, thankgod.

Though my slight obsession with cleanliness and hygiene and not feeling like my hands have been 'contaminated' probably has something to do with it. How annoying it would be to have get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night to wash your hands thoroughly, while avoiding touching anything else. Eww. I can't really understand how that doesn't bother other people. (At risk of asking for TMI, do most people even bother washing their hands? :?:)

Funnily enough, my hands don't feel dirty after I accidentally touch my fluids. Is still don't touch anything though, and I make my way to the bathroom in an awkward manner. I wash my hands with about five presses of the soap dispenser.

Archived