AVEN and attraction and self-perception

R_1

AVEN's census to attraction and feelings of aspects of people  

1. 1. How frequently do you experience sexual attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

• 10 - I'm the kind that experiences sexual attraction almost everyday
    • 0 - I do not experience sexual attraction at all
    • Not sure
    • Have not decided
    • I picked multiple options
    • I ditched your definition and substituted for my own idea of what I think of sexual attraction
    • Other
  2. 2. How frequently do you experience romantic attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

• 10 - I'm the kind that experiences romantic attraction almost everyday
    • 0 - I do not experience romantic attraction at all
    • Not sure
    • Have not decided
    • I ditched your definition and substituted for my own idea of what I think of romantic attraction
    • Other
  3. 3. How frequently do you experience physical attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

• 10 - I'm the kind that experiences physical attraction almost everyday
    • 0 - I do not experience physical attraction at all
    • Not sure
    • Have not decided
    • I ditched your definition and substituted for my own idea of what I think of physical attraction
    • Other
  4. 4. How frequently do you experience sensual attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

• 10 - I'm the kind that experiences sensual attraction almost everyday
    • 0 - I do not experience sensual attraction at all
    • Not sure
    • Have not decided
    • Other
  5. 5. How frequently do you experience aesthetic attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

• 10 - I'm the kind that experiences aesthetic attraction almost everyday
    • 0 - I do not experience aesthetic attraction at all
    • Not sure
    • Have not decided
    • Other
  6. 6. Do you care about looks?

• Yes, I do care about looks a lot
    • Yes, I do care about looks
    • I somewhat care for looks
    • Neutral
    • I somewhat do not care for looks
    • No, I do not care for looks
    • No, I do not care for looks at all
    • Not sure
    • I picked multiple option
    • Other
  7. 7. Do you care for inner character?

• Yes, I do care about inner character a lot
    • Yes, I do care about inner character
    • I somewhat care for inner character
    • Neutral
    • I somewhat do not care for inner character
    • No, I do not care for inner character
    • No, I do not care for inner character at all
    • Not sure
    • Other
  8. 8. How well aligned are your attractions when it comes to direction of attraction?

• It's very well aligned
    • It's aligned
    • It's somewhat aligned
    • 50/50 aligned
    • It's somewhat not aligned
    • It's not aligned
    • It's not aligned at all
    • Not sure
    • Other
  9. 9. Was the attraction fluid?

• Yes, it was fluid for the most part
    • 50/50 fluid and rigid
    • Not at all
  10. 10. What would you refer yourself to others as?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bi
    • Ace
    • Pan
    • None of those

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's a thread to share asexuals' attraction. I'm going to be very clear on meanings considering they're relative, but if you want to ditch the meanings I use, I added the option on the voting options. If anyone is confused over my definition, you can PM me to give me a set of more clear definitions. Read it and give a guess on how to interpret on what I mean. There will be extra questions unrelated to attraction and more about what you feel about different aspects of each people.

----------Definitions that will be used. Note that you can define sensual and aesthetic attraction.----------

Sexual attraction : The current long-term state of being with regards to the ability of feeling motivation to engage into sexual activity with the prosperity to engage at a instinctual level without the needs of rationalization to engage.

Romantic attraction : The current long-term state of being emotionally attracted to the idea of bonding at a emotional level with the prosperity to engage at a instinctual level without the needs of rationalization to engage.

Physical attraction : The current state of being with regards being attracted to the physical body with the prosperity to engage into physical activities without the needs of rationalization to engage.

Sensual attraction- However you would define it

Aesthetic attraction - However you would define it

-----------

Rep's next poll : Follow-up poll to Rep's last poll - AVENites' self-perception and their attraction relationship with sociability and body perception

1: A couple of questions are not multiple choice. 2: The answers for 'do you care for inner character' are exactly the same as those for 'do you care about looks'.

And I'm not sure how to answer the last few questions.

1: A couple of questions are not multiple choice. 2: The answers for 'do you care for inner character' are exactly the same as those for 'do you care about looks'.

And I wasn't sure how to answer the question about sensual attraction, since I only experience it in conjunction with romantic attraction.

I fixed the problems

Janus the Fox

0 - for Sexual Attraction

0 - For Romantic Attraction

0 - For Physical Attraction

0 - For Sensual Attraction

3 - For Aesthetic Attraction

I somewhat care for good looks

Assuming that inner character is self-esteem, yeas I care for my inner character... (don't understand the question otherwise) [plus I have multiple inner characters to care about... :P]

The attraction are not aligned, often more-so for the same sex rather than opposite

I'd say they are fluid reluctantly... for little of what I get, those often go completely absent for months on end...

I refer to myself as Ace, but Bi for the reference to others, though these are hardly ever need to be used.

Huh... a census of this kind could go well in different parts of the internet... see what an LGBT or a sex forum could statistically hold...

1. Not at all.

2. See above.

3. See above.

4. Whatever it is, I can almost guarantee the answer is not at all.

5. See above.

6. No. Don't care what society thinks of how you present yourself? Great, neither do I. Look like a typical Hollywood actperson? Cool, you lucked out. Good for you. Born looking "different" for disability or other reasons? So was I. Not going to judge you for it. Look sort of average? Alright, so do most people. Whatever it is, I'm OK with it.

7. Yes.

8. Other, I suppose. They are well aligned in that I have no such attractions as far as I know.

9. Not really. There was a girl I crushed on somewhat when I was in kindergarten. By the time first grade came around, it had disappeared and I have not had any sort of romantic desires since.

10. Generally "asexual". Not "ace"; I am not particularly fond of that term. "Nonsexual" or "not a sexual person" would also do.

Sexual attraction: 0

Romantic attraction: Multiple answers; 10 and 1 (10 without SSRI medication, 1 with it)

Physical attraction: 1

Sensual attraction: 9

Aesthetic attraction: 10

Care about looks: Yes (not "yes, a lot")

Care about character: Yes, a lot

Attraction alignedness: Very well aligned

Attraction Fluidity: Not at all

Self-ID: Ace

Sexual attraction: 0

Romantic attraction: between 2 and 3, picked multiple answers (the frequency is more or less once a year)

Physical attraction: 2 (I don't always feel physically attracted to the people I like, and never feel attracted to anyone else)

Sensual attraction: between 2 and 3, picked multiple answers (it goes together with romantic attraction)

Aesthetic attraction: 2

Looks: don't care (not don't care "at all", I somewhat care about weight but that's it)

Character: care a lot

Alignment: aligned (what does direction mean in this case, though?)

Fluidity: not fluid

Identifies as: asexual

Don't know how to answer because I have no clue what your proposed definitions are supposed to mean.

I do not experience sexual attraction. I do not experience physical attraction. I do not experience aesthetic attraction. I do not care about looks.

I do experience romantic attraction, but not often (had a crush four times, been in a relationship four times). I am not sure about sensual attraction, because I am not sure what that is. I do care about inner character, if that means personality/intellect and such of the person. It is the only thing that matters to me in deciding on a relationship.

I only experience aesthetic attraction, not very often, and I value inner character more than appearance when it comes to people. Outer appearance does matter to me, though - I do prefer people to look clean and have clothes on.

Grumpy Alien

I don't know... I think aesthetic and physical attraction is on par with average. I answered all over the board. I am very much (hetero)romantic but I rarely experience it. Sexual attraction I do experience but to celebrities and to a lesser degree.

helana12_03
How frequently do you experience sexual attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

0 - I do not experience sexual attraction at all

How frequently do you experience romantic attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

0-2. I think I felt romantic attraction in the past (years ago, for ~3 people).

How frequently do you experience physical attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

0 - I do not experience physical attraction at all

How frequently do you experience sensual attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

2-4

How frequently do you experience aesthetic attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

1-3

Do you care about looks?

No, I do not care for looks

Do you care for inner character?

Yes, I do care about inner character a lot

How well aligned are your attractions when it comes to direction of attraction?

Not sure

Was the attraction fluid?

50/50 fluid and rigid

What would you refer yourself to others as?

Ace
actually_asexual

I am asexual and thus do not experience sexual, sensual, physical, aesthetic attraction, or whatever you want to call it.

I am asexual and thus do not experience sexual, sensual, physical, aesthetic attraction, or whatever you want to call it.

They're not synonyms, they're all different types of attraction. Asexuals can't experience sexual attraction, but they can experience any or all of the others.

Don't know how to answer because I have no clue what your proposed definitions are supposed to mean.

It means you experience the emotional wants to engage into sexual activity to a specific person without the needs for rationalization such as money, sex is sex, and so on. Furthermore, long term state means the average of your sexuality in a frame of 4 years. Like, if you just experience sexuality now and not last year, you experienced sexuality a little.

Alignment: aligned (what does direction mean in this case, though?)

Direction means hetero, homo, bi, asexual, or even different forms at once if you agree to the concept that sexuality is a ambiguous concept which is ill-defined and yet you think yourself as different sexualities within different concepts.

I find it odd that I'm the only one that doesn't care for inner character (Call me shallow because I probably am), but then again I'm a loner that rarely needs face-to-face interaction.

Sexual attraction: Not sure

Romantic attraction: Other

Physical attraction: Not sure

Sensual attraction: 5

Aesthetic attraction: 7

Cares about looks: Neutral

Cares about inner character: Yes, a lot

Alignment: Aligned

Fluidity: 50/50

Identification: Ace

Lately I've become uncertain about the definition of sexual attraction, which is why I picked "not sure," but I still identify as asexual under the desire-based definition. I picked "other" for romantic attraction because I don't label my attractions as romantic or nonromantic. "Neutral" is a good way to describe my attitude toward looks - personality (i.e. inner character) is much more important to me. For fluidity, I picked 50/50 because my primary attractions tend to be fluid, but my secondary attractions are more stable.

Direction means hetero, homo, bi, asexual, or even different forms at once if you agree to the concept that sexuality is a ambiguous concept which is ill-defined and yet you think yourself as different sexualities within different concepts.

Hmm, then how do you define an "aligned" sexuality? Is it a sexuality that doesn't change in "direction" as you define it? Or does it just mean I'm a normal person who has "only" one sexual orientation? :P

When sitting back and thinking about it I don't experience aesthetic attraction as much as I thought I did. In fact it was hardly ever. What it did make me realise was that although I now know that it isn't breaking my Ace rules to admire somewhat aesthetically, and that AVEN helped me see that, I assumed that I "checked" people out more often than I actually do.

And for some reason I hit straight rather than Ace. Sorry if that messes things up.

And for some reason I hit straight rather than Ace. Sorry if that messes things up.

I changed your straight vote to ace Dex. :)

How frequently do you experience aesthetic attraction? I provided reference point for rating. Take it as however you would

I forgot to add "I voted multiple options" in this question, can you fix that?

Okay, changing the final question to multiple and adding that choice as well.

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention that bit. I opted for 5 which is a bit of a kop out really as it is neither here nor there. Seeing as though I can go a whole week without leaving the house I interpreted it my way as having some sort of aesthetic attraction 5 times a month. I have far too many variables in my life to make it lower or higher, so I would say 5 is a nice in the middle number :)

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived