What does romantic attraction feel like?

nooneuno9312

nooneuno9312

As far as I know, I'm an aromantic person. I would like to know what romantic attraction feels like. I've been squishing on one of my friends for a long time, and I want to know what the difference is between that, and a crush.

Recently, I've been starting to feel slightly different toward him; I don't know if it is the beginnings of romantic attraction, or what not, but I'd like to be able to know what romance feels like in the case that I'd be going through it in the future.

Thanks for your help!

highcakedrive

For me, romantic attraction feels like a fuzzy feeling that makes me want to cuddle and spend time with them. Like, a deep urge to cuddle and tell them I love them in a non sexual way.

Moved to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations.

Lia

Asexual Q&A Mod

That_Girl_With_Red_Hair

Well I'm sure that it's different for others but for me? I'm highly attracted to peoples minds, I'll always pick intelligence over looks. When I'm romantically attracted to someone I feel like I could just sit listen to them talk non-stop for hours and usually I'm not the listening type and if I'm around them enough I feel like I could snuggle with them for hours as well, I may even want to kiss them but I've never had romantic attraction that I've wanted to act on nor been in love so all I really know is that first stage of attraction but it's nice. Romantic attraction feels pleasant, it's a highly relaxing sort of pleasant.

WhenSummersGone

For me romantic attraction is more like I want to kiss, cuddle, hold hands or be in love with this person. I have a squish right now where I think he's just a cool person that I want to get to know and be friends with, maybe hug each other too. I can't picture myself kissing a squish without romantic attraction.

alison.wonderland

All of the above applies to me as well, definitely....

If I find myself thinking, "Gee, wouldn't it be fun to do {XYZ activity} with [so-and-so]?" Like, making dinner, learning how to ballroom dance, etc...then I realize I have a romantic attraction to someone, because usually I just do things alone and never give it a second thought.

• 1 year later...

I know how old this question is, but I wanted to put in my two cents.

For me, romantic attraction is wanting to be around someone, A LOT. Not wanting to be away from them for long. Sometimes, just being around someone is enough to make me have a good day, others, talking to them, and so far only with one person, dating. I feel like I can theoretically cuddle, hold hands, and hug, but I guess to me, I have to really know someone at first before any of that happens.

Archived