Where does your username come from?

gypsy_princess

highcakedrive

I just like desserts. Cake especially.

• Like 1

This has been my screen name since the dawn of a few years ago. I wanted a name that sounded cool.

It's been my screen name ever since I used it on Neopets 10 years ago. :P

• Like 2

Crescens is the name of a gear (giant Gundam/Transformer-like war machine) from the video game Xenogears.

I am a Rune Master; and during the schooling for such, we were referred to as Runesters. I made my User-name in all lower-case letters, to keep things simple online. :)

1/100 of me

In my intro psych class we watched a documentary about mental illnesses called "1/100 of me," the idea being that a mental illness doesn't define you, it is only a small part of what makes you you. I feel the same way about my asexuality.

• Like 1
AharonVenNreth

Aharon is my hebrew name written in English, Ven is the start of my last name, and Nreth is what I use when 'Nether', one of my nicknames, is taken. Or rather, was taken. This is my usual username for most things now.

Mine's just "Kim", my nickname, with the i turned upside down to form an exclamation point.

A combination of my psychological state of mind with my spiritual views. I tend to switch a lot on whether I use the Latin or English version (Insane Mystic), but one of those is my username on most places I go to.

Also, it was the start of a contact ad I once started ("Insane mystic, 30 (29? 31? around that age, anyway), looking for... blah blah blah... No meetup in real life."). Never got a single answer to that one, oddly enough. ;):lol:

FOXracingfan

I'm just obsessed with Fox stuff. I ride quads and Fox is just my favorite company for riding gear.

Murmur (Murmus) is the name of a fallen angel. He commands 144 legions in Hell and also teaches philosophy.

It also fits because I don't talk much unless I'm in a zone.

Grace Barton

My username is my pen name, which I use for writing my books.

But as for its main origins:

Grace is my great-grandmother's name. It's also the name my mother wanted to name me when I was born, but she thought it was too old-fashioned and I would be bullied for it. I've often wished she had called me it, so out of a desire for that and respect for my great-grandmother, I use it as my pen-name.

As for 'Barton'--well my real last name is Polish (heritage from my grandfather) and I am forever having to spell it. So Barton is a shortened version that is easy to spell. XD

• Like 1
Captain Darkhorse

itdavstdi is actually an acronym for Illinois Team Dance Association vs Team Dance Illinois. It was my first screenname when I got one 8 years ago, and since it looks like such a random combination of letters it's almost never taken. So it stuck.

My AIM screenname was rebelraven101. Rebel for me being me, raven because I was really into Teen Titans at the time and my favorite character was Raven, and 101 for my birthday (10/1 or October 1). That also stuck and I still use it occasionally, but it's sometimes taken as it's not quite as unique as idtavstdi

An préachán

"Préachán" is an Irish word for "a crow". I love crows and the Irish language, so it didn't take me too long to choose a nickname. I used to have a nickname "iontach" which is Irish for "wonderful", but then I decided that calling myself wonderful all the time was a bit pretentious :)

• Like 2
KatieDidn't

It is a from the bug, the katydid, and a shortened version of my name, Katherine (Katie).

Katydid was my grandfather's nickname for me.

• Like 1

The sum of my being I suppose, the state I'll reach if I'm able to discard the flaws that I was born with.

Ages ago, I got a job working for the internet provider for whom I was already a customer. I'd chosen the username 'heathen' (as a customer) because I'd recently discovered that pagan people actually existed in the modern world, and one of them (a friend of mine) was really cool. So when my tech class for the job were creating user accounts like 'johndoe02' or 'robertSmith' the account management program recognized my existing user identity and autofilled 'Heathen' as my technician username.

It just kinda stuck, so whenever I create a useraccount, I always try that one first in memoriam of my days as the tech-heathen. :)

• Like 1

Mine is a college nickname. My best friend is a huge Pokemon fan. He calls me candicemon because that's my 'pokemon name', apparently. It just kind of stuck and I fell in love with it. I use it for everything.

Like I said in the other recent thread on this topic, it's just a nonsense word I came up with. It also sounds somewhat like a Tolkien dwarf name e.g. Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, etc.

• Like 3
Purnkin Spurce

Mine is just really random. I wanted a name that expressed my randomness. lol

Nekomata means Nekomata, basically. Twin tailed cat demon. I got the idea from the anime Shaman King, but there are other places it's used in too.

I used to do a lot of Harry Potter role play back when the MSN message boards were alive and kicking, and my character's name was Serpentine Lavrovite. Ever since then I've used Serp or xserpx (because it's less likely to be taken then Serp) wherever I can :)

The Hollow of Morning

I wanted noneoftheabove as my username, but that was already taken so I just used my initials at first. After a while I changed to my current username. It's the title of an album by Gemma Hayes, who is one of my favourite singers.