Where does your username come from?

gypsy_princess

My username comes from an old cartoon I saw a few months ago...Hazell was one of the main characters :lol:

• Like 1
StarkRomanoff

Mine is a mixture of Tony Stark and Natasha Romanoff. When I was looking for a new handle , I saw a similar name with Stark on tumblr that sounded like "Rachmaninoff." At the time my comics love hadn't expanded beyond the MCU and they were individually my favorite characters so I combined them. I loved the way the two names sounded together, so I kept it as my username. 

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate

Something I read in a fanfiction.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

my current username is reserved as a "stage name". I'm trying to make music and it's my name for this, it also probably reveals who I am :D that's been said, my name is actually "noise injection" spelled in a 'cybergoth' way, or rather in a way an aggrotech musician would use it.

On 28/07/2017 at 3:40 AM, karnzter said:

Half of it is from my second name and at that time I like hamsters, hence the -zter part but I changed the S to Z. It sounds sorta unique and hip as well xD

almost like "noize" XD

• Like 2
Lotta_Biscotti

I had a gag name I would always refer to myself as when newbies would show up, that was very similar to my actual name. Then at one point, when I'd recently been baking, one of my interdepartment coworkers called me by my gag name. I said, "I've changed my name. I am no longer ___ ____. I am now Lotta Biscotti." Snickers ensued, since it really rolls off the tongue, and, at least the way we were saying it, it sounded like some sort of mobster name.

I should get back to making some biscotti. It's mostly easy and relatively cheap to do. The hardest part is not eating it all.

• Like 2
Semiterrestrial Scientist

It’s a welsh translation that sounded nice that related to me so I decided to use it.

• Like 1

I can't remember if I've ever posted here or not, but my username comes from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion. Telperion is the name of one of the two Trees of Valinor, which gave the light that eventually became the sun and the moon (Telperion is the silver tree, the one that became the moon).

• Like 1

My user name is simple, my Tortoise is called Darwin and I am the first person here to use that name so I is used to signify that.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Astryda is a polish version of a norse name Astrid. I choose a name of this origin due to my strong interest in the Viking era (it has nothing to do with the recently popular TV show- I've never seen it, for that matter)- I've been interested in it for years- their customs, traditions, life, travels, food, etc. It's also said that Vikings had a connection with my country's history (in a positive way). I could be watching documentaries and reading about Vikings almost all time. I'm also into archery and water sports.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:

Well I don't need to explain where the Ace bit came from lol. _Machina, I took from the title of the movie Ex_Machina just because I really like the movie. 

omg Ex Machina! :wub:

• Like 1
Space-Ace-Android

I chose mine because...

• I am an Ace
  • I like Space
  • Dataaaa!! :3
  • Androids are awesome.

It is wonderful to see all these hidden stories for usernames! :)

Image result for fountan CAke

I just like this one :P

+ CAKE

:3

• Like 2

It's the name I'd like to have... Or at least the short version of it ^_^

Long version is Soraya. I like how it sounds.

• Like 2
Toothpaste Fairy

Toothpaste was a nickname given to me by a friend who was trying to give all my friends nicknames based on our personalities, and somewhere along the way fairy got tagged onto the end too. I thought it was clever and no one irl knows me by that name anymore so I decided to use it.

Also it has an "ace" sound in the name which I did not notice until just now (I'm so dissapointed in myself!)

• Like 1

Since the age of 14, I've had long grey hair and beard, when I was in my early twenties, I was working in a petrol station, someone tried to hold up the station and grab the takings, I stopped them, the person with a weapon in their hand said "you're an old geeza, what you gonna do granddad?" Well they fled empty handed as the old geeza called their bluff.

In the same year, I was stopped by the local fuzz for walking down the street, I looked suspicious (still do), when questioned, I was asked who I was, where I was going, my age, when I answered the last question, I was told I was a liar, taken into custody, when I showed them a driving licence and passport that tallied up, they had to let me go, but I have always looked much older than I am.

Just recently, I was in a local DIY chain, the young girl asked if I had a store saver card, I said that I didn't have one, so she went through three options, standard, over 50's and a pensioner card with extra discount on Mondays, (I happened to have been in on a Monday), the thing is, she was serious when offering me the pensioners card, I'm only 51, pension age is 65 or 67 over here :D

• Like 5

My username is a terribly boring pseudo-Roman variant of my name.  I lack imagination to have cool usernames.

• Like 3

To be honest, my username doesn't have any kind of sentimental reasoning behind it. But my friend found that my name derives from a Hebrew name "Eilah" which means oak tree. It just kind of stuck, so it's on all my social media platforms as it's just super easy to remember really, lol :P

• Like 1
On 27/11/2017 at 8:41 PM, Raya said:

It's the name I'd like to have... Or at least the short version of it ^_^

Long version is Soraya. I like how it sounds.

My name is Soraya. Raya is my nickname. I got excited when I saw you just now. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rhaenys said:

My name is Soraya. Raya is my nickname. I got excited when I saw you just now. :lol:

It's a great name :) I hope you don't mind that I'm borrowing it?

• Like 1
Just now, Raya said:

It's a great name :) I hope you don't mind that I'm borrowing it?

Of course not!

I don't own that name so feel free to take it. There needs to be more Sorayas in this world. :lol:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rhaenys said:

Of course not!

I don't own that name so feel free to take it. There needs to be more Sorayas in this world. :lol:

Well, that's definitly true :D  

My name? Well, it comes from me being ace and the real Gou Shijima, of course! 

Really, there's nothing more to it.

tumblr_nhivufiOcW1ql41ypo10_500.gif

CompassionateChimp99

Mine is kind of a little in-joke between me and my friends about Cheetah, the chimp that featured in old Tarzan movies! I thought he was kind of a gentle soul. :)

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, AceMahha said:

My name? Well, it comes from me being ace and the real Gou Shijima, of course! 

Really, there's nothing more to it.

tumblr_nhivufiOcW1ql41ypo10_500.gif

What a coincidence! I'm Chase, and I'm ace too. Nice to meet you.
tumblr_o62fxrv6oO1s5754go6_r1_400.gif