Never had a wet dream... is this normal?

Sarcastic Bob

Sarcastic Bob

Bear in mind that despite being a pretty active member of the site, I don't actually know a whole lot about sexuality. I'm 16 and male but I've never masturbated/had a wet dream, and it's this which leads me to believe that my asexuality might genuinely be late development rather than a sexual orientation. On a deeper level, I'm also slightly worried that it might be something a bit more serious, like a medical condition or something. Like I say, I'm no boffin when it comes to asexuality, so as far as I know it could be the same with most asexuals.

EDIT: Thanks for the replies, good to see I'm not alone. I guess with all the wet dream related threads I'd got the idea that it was a fixed part of growing up even for asexuals. Cheers!

Never had them, myself. At 22 I doubt it's because I'm a "late bloomer".

I have never had one either, it's nothing to worry about. :) In my opinion they're nothing but a myth. A lot of people here would prove me wrong. I doubt there is anything wrong with you, but you should seek medical attention if it's worrying you. :D

AshenPhoenix

Nope, completely normal. As a matter of fact it seems quite a few men report only have a few wet dreams during their younger years if they do at all. It's not like it's something that automatically happens to everyone, there are a number of factors, and some people just may not have them.

First time I had one was at age 25 or 26; 39 this month, and only had three or four, maybe, since then. I do masturbate though, and it seems that they occur if "the pipes haven't been cleaned" for too long (as in, several weeks) during waking hours.

I've never had any dreams of a sexual nature. My mind just doesn't go there.

I've only had one, and I was a little disgusted afterwards TBH. The circumstances were weird too, the dream wasn't even sexual in nature. I wouldn't worry, it's perfectly normal not to have them.

If you believe you have a hormonal problem, it's best to get checked just in case. You'll know for sure by then whether you actually have one or not. :)

I don't think not having wet dreams is all that uncommon. I've actually had sex dreams a few times (they always involved people who only existed in my dreams, though) and they weren't "wet". I saw the pictures, woke up, and moved on. Simple as that. :P

Janus the Fox

Absoloutly normal and completely independent of orientation. There will be sexuals that never would have any sex dreams or masturbate and there are asexuals that have frequent sex dreams and masturbate frequently. The only keyword is sexual attraction.

I've only ever had 3 or so dreams of that kind since hitting puberty, I do masturbate once or twice a week at best.

16 is still within puberty age, this for some could end in the early twenties. It depends on the person, but experiencing physical changes is a good sign.

It's normal for me! I've never had a dream which was even remotely related to sex.

Don't worry...you are not alone (as shown by the number of replies.)

DontStealMyBacon

I'm surprised that some people have only had a small number that they can recall. I am 18 and I get them most nights. When it happens though, there is nothing even slightly sexual about them. I will normally be doing something completely different and end up suddenly getting wet. I guess everyone is different though.

HardToComeBy

Should be normal, I think. I've never experienced one (I'm 25), and until just recently assumed that they were some sort of popular myth. Yup, really.

Not a bad idea to pay the ol' doctor a visit if you feel worried or think something might be up, though. As someone posted above, 16 yrs old is still within the puberty range, so you could take that for what it's worth.

It's totally normal. I remember only having one in my life, when I was almost seventeen, and had a similar dilemma to you. In most of my puberty/development, I was abnormally early, and had to be medicated as a preteen to slow my development to a normal rate and prolong my ability to grow. It worked, and hasn't bothered me; I think the lack of wet dreams is just an anomaly, but not a bad one.

Squirrel Combat

Sarcastic Bob, sir, consider yourself blessed. I had those all the time when I was younger and I HATED them :evil:. In fact (sorry to be giving out so much information) but I happened to have a wet dream just last night. Arrgh! They're happening less and less but any of you who don't have them, I soooo jealous!

Sarcastic Bob

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess I just got the impression that it was a fixed part of growing up for everyone, like getting body hair or listening to awful, awful music. Glad to see I don't have the black plague or anything :P

I'm 21 and never had one no idea whether it's normal or not, maybe it's because I don't have even remotely sex related dreams.

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess I just got the impression that it was a fixed part of growing up, like getting body hair or listening to awful, awful music. Glad to see I don't have the black plague or anything :P

Nah, you're fine. The human mind can be... strange at times.

I very rarely have sex dreams, and never 'wet dreams'. most times the dream will momentarily head toward kissing and occasionally a bit further, but then I become distracted in the dream and everything goes off on a complete separate tangent. For example, my fave one i can remember was where i was hanging out with people in a basement somewhere, and one person was satan (but spn mark pelligrino satan) and he was eating oranges and while the orange was in his mouth I kissed the orange and then everyone as group decided we should go upstairs (which was a mall) and steal a comb of some kind to save the world. my dreams are wacky as hello love it.

Nope never had one either and i'm 23

• 5 months later...

From a medical stance not everyone has a wet dream, as an asexual I have never had a wet or sexual dream. It may be a bunch of things one of which could be asexuality.

Moved from Asexual Q&A to The Gray Area, Sex and Related Discussions

Lia
Administrator

I may have had wet dreams. Though due to not having a penis, it's hard to tell. I'm either ejaculating (yes I can ejaculate; I don't care if that's not the proper term) in my sleep or wetting the bed (I know I have funky half orgasms in my sleep).

I've had allosexual exes that didn't get wet dreams ever.

Archived