For the aromantics: what's your ideal future?

astrobean

and i like the british accent a lot

As a Brit, I'd just like to point out there's not just one 'British' accent - there are Welsh, Scottish, (Northern) Irish and English accents and different kinds of those accents.

I'm very pedantic sometimes. ;)

I don't know why I like mountains so much, although I've never been to any mountainous area or hill station. After I have worked in a corporate job (preferably) for a few years, I would save enough money and buy a plot of land in some hill station. Or transfer to some such place.

I would have a house that looks like a log cabin, but is comfortable and has the basic necessities, including an internet connection. I hope to get my water supply from some mountain spring. I would have a vegetable garden in one corner of the plot. Pine trees would be planted near the house so that the house can be sheltered from the cold winds. The remaining area would have flower and fruit trees and there would be a small grassy patch somewhere in the middle.

I would live as close to nature as possible. I hope to have learned some musical instrument by that time so that I can entertain myself and my guest, if there are any. I would have a pet dog perhaps a St. Bernard or a Golden Retriever or an Alsatian or some dog-wolf hybrid from the mountains. And I'd love to be in contact with as many animals as possible- birds, squirrels, small rodents which hopefully won't destroy my garden, bugs which won't destroy the garden and so on. :D

I haven't worked out the income part. :D I'll do that soon. <To be updated later>

NB: I don't know exactly what I want. This might be the only one or the many things I do. Another part of me wants to be a wanderer. Only time can tell. *shrugs*

and i like the british accent a lot

As a Brit, I'd just like to point out there's not just one 'British' accent - there are Welsh, Scottish, (Northern) Irish and English accents and different kinds of those accents.

I'm very pedantic sometimes. ;)

Sry, I am not familiar with each dialects even though I know how the UK i think is made up of a few different countries. I guess I meant that I like the English accent a lot. The only one of those I am not familiar with is the Welsh accent. I am going to stop talking about this now because I can get distracted by off-topic subjects very easily as you can see but in the end I am most fascinated by the English accent.

I just want to learn more about the universe. I'm a huge physics nerd, and my ultimate goal in life is to learn enough that I reach the boundaries of our current knowledge of the universe and maybe, just maybe, extend those boundaries a little. As such, I don't really care where in the world I end up, as long as I'm able to continue to learn.

In more people related terms, I hope to still be in contact with all of my dear friends, and to live and work alongside people that I care about. Also, I want to be able to help people. If I can make a difference to people's lives, whether through donating to charity or even more active methods, I'll be happy.

Lambda Corvus

By nature I am a very solitary and introverted person. I would like a career in academia, preferably a tenured full professor, ideally teaching algorithms, computability, complexity, and/or encryption courses. This would allow me to follow my dual passions of teaching and research. I wish to contribute to the expansion of the bounds of human knowledge.

On the domestic front, I see myself living either alone or with a very close friend. No children, probably no pets, access to the internet, perhaps in an apartment or flat. Definitely not in the United States.

I'm always changing, whether I want to or am aware of it or not. So right now as of this moment, I can't see myself and don't want to see myself settling down with a family. There's the off chance that maybe my feelings will change as I get older, which tends to happen when I look back on my life so far.

But one thing I know for sure is that I want my close friends to still be a constant presence in my life, 10 to 20+ years from now. A life without them is one I cannot imagine, and would be much worse than what society deems nightmarish.

Archived