"A Look at On-line Collective Identity Formation"

yyael88

does anybody have an access to David Jay's 2003 paper "A Look at On-line Collective Identity Formation"?
thank you!

2015 Edit: As linked by Lord Happy Toast in post #9, the paper can be read here.

Thanks but I'm afraid not

Scherrer writes in her article "Coming to an Asexual Identity: Negotiating Identity, Negotiating

Desire"-
"David Jay, publisher of the website
Asexuality.org, or Asexuality Visibility and Education Network (AVEN), has contributed to
building asexual community and has used this website to educate the public on issues of
asexuality. His 2003 paper, “A Look at On-line Collective Identity Formation” provides insight
into the role of the Internet in facilitating asexual identities, as well as the importance of
community building for a marginalized population such as asexual individuals."
But there is no reference...
Thank you

Thanks but I'm afraid not

Scherrer writes in her article "Coming to an Asexual Identity: Negotiating Identity, Negotiating

Desire"-
"David Jay, publisher of the website
Asexuality.org, or Asexuality Visibility and Education Network (AVEN), has contributed to
building asexual community and has used this website to educate the public on issues of
asexuality. His 2003 paper, “A Look at On-line Collective Identity Formation” provides insight
into the role of the Internet in facilitating asexual identities, as well as the importance of
community building for a marginalized population such as asexual individuals."
But there is no reference...
Thank you

I've emailed DJ about this, I can PM you when he replies if that's ok with you. :)

My mistake- There is a reference but its to http://www.asexuality.org front page...

Administrators! Thank you!!!

I would be happy to get a PM from you

I'm just not sure what PM is...

A PM is a Private Message :) I will post here if he sends me the paper anyway, but I'll send you a PM because it will take a few days at least :)

If you wouldn't mind, I would also like to take a look at this article/paper. I work in collective identities, and I would very much like to read this now that I've heard about it.

(I took a fairly in-depth look through my university's system with no joy.)

Thank you, LHT, sometimes my brain stops working. :cake:

Archived