People finding you sexually attractive

Lydian

Yeah, I don't know, I think I have a weird sense of thinking. I guess I just want to be considered pretty/beautiful by the masses even if I'm not looking for a sexual companian. It kind of does and yet doesn't make sense to myself. I guess, like how we view celebrities. They're so aesthetically pleasing, I wanna be that and I also would want someone to look beyond the surface regardless if I'm pretty or ugly and get to know the real me.

Okay, it's definitely a personal thing, because I don't get the appeal of celebrities either. :P

But anyway, I get your point. For the record, I've never been called sexy either, except by my former partner.

candicemon

It depends on the person saying it, honestly. If a random person were to call me sexy, I would probably just stare at them incredulously. I do get offended when people I'm not acquainted with cat-call me (or anyone else lbr this is a huge issue for me) but my friends at work all call me sexy/beautiful/gorgeous etc as general terms of endearment and from them I'm fine with it. The difference is sexualization. Random guy on the street calling me sexy or baby and telling me to "shake that ass"? Completely different from my gay friend Joe calling me "sexy legs" when I wear a dress to work (which he did yesterday - I thought it was sweet). Context is everything.

That being said, if something someone says to you makes you uncomfortable you might talk to them about it. They may not even realize you don't like it.

A Taste of Harmony

Only one person ever made that comment in my life and I felt nothing. Just nothing. Blank.

Hot?

I actually worried that I may look like I have fever or something and

then I think about all the spicy food or hot soup or electric blanket.. (not joking)

However, now I know what it means(well kind of) in theory and also since I know 'asexuality',

I'm kind of curious how I will feel if someone express it right in front of me.

But probably I will have extreme headache again to figure out the cause of using that expression.

Personally it's more frustrating that I do not know the reason behind it.

I might freak the person out if I consistently ask what's the reason behind expressing those things. :unsure:

SpasticTrees244

I don't really mind it. I've had someone say that they'd like to stick their dick in me and I just felt nothing. It's never going to happen and I don't care. Yet getting hit on absolutely infuriates me. *shrugs*

I don't blame them 8)

Oh, having confidence in yourself?

I've never been told that I look 'sexy' or even anything close to that, the few comments I get make me uncomfortable I think more because I don't like talking to people that that I think I don't look good. I honestly stopped caring about how I look, as long as my clothes are socially appropriate for whatever occasion I'm going out on, and I have a generally neat appearance I'm fine. But I very much dislike wearing any kind of reviling clothing, tight pants, shirts with a v-neck, anything really that is basically made to make you look sexy. I am happy with my over-large t-shirts and jeans xD So I'm hardly given a compliment on how I look anyway, and when I am, its just because its something people are supposed to do. I don't think my appearance would draw much attention anyway, I do not attempt to tame my thick, frizzy hair other than keeping it short so it doesn't go everywhere and attempting to keep at least some of the frizz under control, I have a small chest, and any curves I do have are hidden by my t-shirts. I also never leave my room unless I have to so that may be part of it X3 I think if anyone did tell me they thought I was sexually attractive I wouldn't like it very much, but I don't see myself as attractive at all, but I think if people did find me attractive I would feel uncomfortable about it.

nonsexkitten

I wonder if I'm the only one, I do desire the gratification of knowing that others do find me sexually attractive despite the fact that I cannot reciprocate. Sometimes I feel a little guilty in that respect.

It makes me feel like a piece of meat.

You pretty much summed up why I don't appreciate it. I get called "cute" more often than anything else, though, and I can't stand it because it makes me feel trivialized.
Seize_the_day

Hanging around the peoplet aht

Now, that I'm older, I actually put care into getting ready and "looking good", Even though I don't care for having a relationship for the most part, it's nice to sometimes be looked at an appreciated in a non creepy way.

I guess, I like to "look" pretty and take care of what I'm wearing. Picking out cute outfits is fun.

I guess to sum it up is I like the idea of people being appreciative of my looks but when it actually happens, it throws me for a loop. xD

I'm not all that younger than you (I'm turning 21 in autumn) and I still don't get the whole aesthetics thing... I guess it's less of a matter of age and more of a matter of mentality and/or style. I don't like being considered good-looking by people... I want them to see me for who I am, not for how I look like. Oddly enough I couldn't care less if they thought I was ugly. :lol:

...Oh, and I don't get the witch thing either. :blink:

Yeah, I don't know, I think I have a weird sense of thinking. I guess I just want to be considered pretty/beautiful by the masses even if I'm not looking for a sexual companian. It kind of does and yet doesn't make sense to myself. I guess, like how we view celebrities. They're so aesthetically pleasing, I wanna be that and I also would want someone to look beyond the surface regardless if I'm pretty or ugly and get to know the real me.

I feel the same way, IamSherlocked.

In truth, the first thing a person sees when they meet you is not your personality, but your face. I understand that for the general public, aesthetics is important, and I do like to feel beautiful.

I understand that when people compliment me on some physical trait or style I adopted that day, they are expressing acceptance of a certain kind (not the sexual kind, I imagine.)

I want to be liked for my personality, of course, (who doesn't?) but I also like to feel pretty every now and then, you know? More for myself than anything.

I realize that just because I am an Ace, it doesn't mean I want to hide behind that label and avoid people for that they'll think I am *gasp* "sexy." I mean, It wouldn't be comfortable if they actually tried anything... but if it's all "look but don't touch", I'm game.

I could care less who thinks what about me (if they're strangers). I just do what I do.

Then again, my facial features lend to the thought of "cute" rather than "sexy", so that's never really been something I have considered myself in danger of being considered...

Yeah this thread kind of turned into talking about when people make comments or something. I definitely like to be told I look cute or pretty I mean I didn't spend money on these cute clothes for nothing, right? XD It's not so much that I think badly of people who find me attractive, it just seems like such a foreign concept because I can't imagine myself being 'sexy' at all. o.o;

It wasn't so much a GRRR, STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE A PIECE OF MEAT (Though some men do, thinking someone is attractive doesn't mean they see you that way) it's just a ....really? Me? Sexy? O.o I mean I think I'm cute but sexy is just like....calling my cat sexy or something.

I don't think there's anything wrong with finding someone attractive. It doesn't mean they think it's all you are, it's just a compliment. Sure there are some people who are just like "oh hello talking cleavage" but really, I wouldn't get offended if someone just told me I was pretty. ( because I am! >:D )

Janus the Fox

I don't really mind it. I've had someone say that they'd like to stick their dick in me and I just felt nothing. It's never going to happen and I don't care. Yet getting hit on absolutely infuriates me. *shrugs*

Huh... A comment like that will turn off the majority of people really...
Captain Darkhorse

People who call me "sexy" usually fall into one of two categories. The first is the mmm meat people. I like to hit them with sticks (not really, but I'd like to).

The second group are the people who actually mean it - they legitimately mean that I look sexy. I don't know how to respond to them because they're usually people I know really well. It doesn't help that I don't understand what they mean either. I mean, I know I have a nice waist-to-hip ratio, but that's all genetics...so when they're calling me sexy, I translate it as people saying "I like your genes" which doesn't make any sense? Well it does to me, but I get strange looks when I say that...

howyoufeel_org

oohhh, I never thought about that, well, at least I do not remeber I did.

Now I have one of thoese aha moment.

I mean, people have hit on me, but I always thougt it was because of my personallity only, because it is how my brain is rigged.

:-) well, I kind of feel half blind when it comes to those things, but I guess I am , lol.

I have say it, now I feel like a piece of meat, lol, that is not often anyone hear that from a man :-)

I am Sherlocked

I wonder if I'm the only one, I do desire the gratification of knowing that others do find me sexually attractive despite the fact that I cannot reciprocate. Sometimes I feel a little guilty in that respect.

No, I'm the same way, I like the idea of being wanted by people but feel slightly selfish for wanting that when they won't get anything from me. xD

Littlewhitedog

i enjoy when people find me attractive. i actually put effort into looking good, though i know i dont actually want to have sex with anyone! it's weird, i'm not sure why but maybe it's a confidence thing or insecurity but i definitely make myself come across as "sexy", yet, i am not sexy at all because i dont like/have sex. i'm still figuring out where on the spectrum exactly i lie.

alwaysteatime

I don't want people to think of me in terms of my appearance. It can be really bothersome. I'm okay with the occasional comment about it--but "sexy" is extremely off-putting. I feel like I'm being objectified. I can't even decide if it's worse if the person saying it is a stranger or a friend. A stranger, I feel threatened... and a friend, I feel devalued somewhat, if that's really the word they choose to compliment me with instead of something about my mind/personality.

I don't think of myself as sexy... or even pretty, really... I have some pretty awful body image issues (thanks, eating disorder <_< ) and it just feels awkward whenever anyone says anything about my appearance. I'd rather be valued for my intellect, etc., than my body, anyway. I've been sexually and emotionally abused in the past and I think that plays a part because part of it included making fun of my attempts to look pretty (this was back when I actually cared about my outer appearance like only a teenager can). So yeah. It makes me feel like a piece of meat unless it comes from someone very close to me and then I know that they're being sincere and also know me for more than my body.

However, I rarely get hit on, so it is mostly a moot point.

FOXracingfan

I don't know many people who find me sexually attractive. Just one guy who is a major creeper and it took him about two years to finally realize that he had no chance with me!! (If only he really knew why!) But even if I was a sexual person I wouldn't want him to be hitting on me. He was just gross. As far as other people I guess I'd be flattered, as long as they don't make a point in letting me know every day that they find me sexually attractive. I'm just an average girl and I'm pretty tomboyish so I don't turn on many guys, so it'd be a huge surprise for someone to find me sexually attractive.

I actually love feeling sexually attractive. It makes me feel good and wanted, also it lets me forget that I'm ace for a little while.

I went to rocky horror picture show a month or two ago, wearing nothing on my bottom but a thong. The looks I got from the guys just made me feel so good and sexy. In a way I have fun knowing that I'm teasing them and driving them wild!

Blood-of-Cherries

Some people find me sex find me sexually creative, and it doesn't mother be as long as they don't want me to have sex with them.

SweetDreamsMyLove

I like being called cute or adorable or beautiful or gorgeous, but once the hot and sexy line is crossed, I begin to feel uncomfortable, like they are viewing me in a way I cannot comprehend.

I find I'm less bothered if they don't know me. I mean I just went to a con and my costume's skirt had a poofy skirt which made me look like I had actual hips and I had huge fake boobs for the character and let's be serious, I didn't mind the attention at all. I mean if it's purely based on appearance it seems less bizarre since it doesn't seem like it's ME they think is sexy, just the way I look...if that makes sense. I think once I get all dolled up, (especially in the case of cosplaying a VERY busty character), it's just of expected and even fun.

At the dance too, I had on a gothic dress I'd just bought and was feelin' pretty damn fine. A few guys hit on me and while they were gross and me and my sister sent them off right away, it was a tad flattering that they thought we looked good. I dunno, I guess it's strange.

J-Clarke91

hasnt happened in a while... but when it does i just shrug i off... maybe im rude for doing so... but at least im honest in my response

Aerial Ace

I don't mind if people find me sexually attractive per se, but if they don't back off when I say I'm not interested, then I have a problem with it.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

It makes me feel like a piece of meat.

Yep. *shudder*

I don't mind if people find me sexually attractive per se, but if they don't back off when I say I'm not interested, then I have a problem with it.

Well there's a difference between just thinking someone is attractive and being overly open about it for sure. x.x Especially when it's obvious you're not interested.

Vyanni Krace

I don't mind too bad if someone comments on whether or not what I am wearing looks nice on me. (Though I still find it awkward and embarrassing. I actually prefer it if people simply don't bother commenting if it looks nice, but being honest and telling me that it doesn't look good, if what I'm wearing doesn't suit me.)

However, I absolutely hate it when people find me attractive. I don't bother with my looks for two reasons; A) I simply don't give a damn and really cant be bothered B) I don't particularly want to look attractive and attract attention. I know I'm not ugly, but I'm nothing special to look at either and I'd rather keep it that way. Pleasant/nice to look at, but nothing special or deserving of a 'hey, you look cute/hot/whatever' comment.

OkayWithIt

I've been told I'm a mildly good-looking guy, but not hot or extremely attractive by any means! However, a significant amount of people have had crushes on me, which leads me to believe they had some form of sexual thoughts about me. It's difficult for me to imagine that someone could have sexual thoughts about me. :)

BUT, I do find it flattering when I find out people were or have been crushing on me. :P It's just a nice feeling, honestly.

Captain DDR

I do take it as a compliment although it is a tad weird, I never quite know how to respond to it. Normally I just say something like "thank you, so are you" as casually as possible, as if saying "it's nice to meet you too". Honestly I'd much rather get compliments on my jokes, my achievements, my chili sauce recipy or pretty much anything else. Actually even when people say that I'm scary (it happens surprisingly often) I like that more than hearing that I'm attractive.

Archived