Myers-Briggs Type

BannedForSatire

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Myers-Briggs personality type?

• INFJ
    • INTJ
    • ENFP
    • ENTP
    • ISFJ
    • ISTJ
    • ESFP
    • ESTP
    • ISTP
    • INTP
    • ESTJ
    • ENTJ
    • ISFP
    • INFP
    • ESFJ
    • ENFJ

This poll is closed to new votes

I didn't take the test. I wondered. Because I suffer from a personality disorder would my ratings/outcome be distorted in some way? My P.D. effects me differently day by day, so would it be different in this way?

I'm probably thinking out loud here and the best thing to do would make this some sort of personal experiment.

I've taken this test at least twice, and come up ENFP each time.

One psychologist said I was INTJ. And I was being analyzed without knowing it, or that he was one :P And more specifically, I'm a mastermind 8)

Can someone explain why this is so important for some people? I guess I see it as a convenient, slightly vague summary of some of your traits with little actually use in terms of getting to know people and everything about them. I mean, I can see INTJ, or ESFP, but what does that actually tell me about people, that isn't a stereotype?

Guess it's a way of identifying yourself, and with others. It's in the human nature to label the world around them, and setting them in booths. So it's a way of understanding yourself and others. But I don't care, I am me, asexuality is the only label that really have meant much to me. And I believe others care as much about other labels, like this personality labels. So I believe it's a way of understanding yourself, finding yourself and bonding with other humans.

• 3 weeks later...
peanut-butter-cloud

I used to be an INFJ when I took this test a few years ago...I'll take it again and edit this with whatever I get.

Haha, now I'm INTJ.

I am an INFJ too, however I do not like how this 'label' could end up defining me, so I do not like to think too much of it.

That being said, I can really identify with the description of an INFJ.

By the way, it is surprising to see that so many Asexuals are introverted! This is actually pretty cool. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Crazy Cat Lady

Can someone explain why this is so important for some people? I guess I see it as a convenient, slightly vague summary of some of your traits with little actually use in terms of getting to know people and everything about them. I mean, I can see INTJ, or ESFP, but what does that actually tell me about people, that isn't a stereotype?

For me, it's just curiosity and fun to take these kinds of "tests".

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot

I've taken several tests and my results varied -- but one professional variation always gives me INTP. Curious! Their description only fits me a little bit, and I think aspects of other types seem to suit me better -- but only in bits and pieces. Each description depends on the test, really!

MarieAntoinette

I usually always get INFP. And wow, so many of us are introverts! :)

Well the biggest thing I've gotten out of it, is that when you read personality descriptions besides your own, you get a much wider understanding of the spectrum of human behavior and the reasons behind it. It helps a lot in understanding why people do what they do. You don't necessarily have to assign people one type or another, you can just be like "oh, maybe they're this type and that's why they're doing that" .... you just gain a lot of other perspectives on the world, which is always helpful.

For example, as an INFJ, I've spend most of my life interpreting other people's behaviors as if they were also INFJ's. I had no idea that my personality characteristics were just some of many -- I thought that everyone was just like me on the inside (to a certain extent of course). Which meant that a lot of people's behavior made no sense whatsoever. When you don't know much about personality, you don't know which of your traits are confined to only some people and which are more universal.

I decided to tally up the votes so far, just for funsies -

NT= 127 total

NF = 74

SJ = 32

SP = 12

People with the letter "N" are either way more likely to be asexual, way more likely to be in an Internet forum, or way more likely to click on a thread about personality (I think the last thing is probably the most accurate hypothesis. ;))

Also

E = 18

1 = 227

ISTJ. Although on one test I took it said I was INTJ...I guess no human is black and white and things overlap some. :mellow:

Didn't take the test but the ones I've taken in the past always came up INTP.

And yep. That fits me perfectly. I'm a loner with insatiable curiosity and an entire universe in my head. :)

There do seem to be more introverts on the poll, but how does that correlate? Perhaps introverts just gravitate towards these types of tests and extroverts aren't as attracted. :P

INTJ -The Mastermind

You scored 9% I to E, 16% N to S, 67% F to T, and 42% J to P!

Pretty much what I have been all my life, strong INT, waffling between J and P

And I identify as a HeteroRomantic Demisexual - 54 years old with only 1 actual 'attraction' and two go along with it but...

Taken this a few times and I keep getting INFJ so I suppose that's what I am~

Here are a couple of tests if you don't know what yours is:
A short one (I used this because it was easier for me to answer): http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html
A longer one (I've never used this, so I don't know how accurate it is): http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

ObsessedWithCats

ISTJ, every time.

I think it might be worth keeping the multiple choice version in addition to the older ones - there's probably a lot of people who wobble on one or more traits depending on the test or their mood.

No matter how many times I take the test, I will always be INFP. However, I do have a few traits from the others (namely, E, S, T, and J)...is this common or am I weird for having a bit of both?

INFP, always

INTJ/ENTJ. I fit both very well. I'm ambient (or something like that) so guess it make sense. Beware!

INFJ.

I think my T isn't too far behind my F, though, but I'm fully INFJ overall.

Archived