Myers-Briggs Type

BannedForSatire

What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Myers-Briggs personality type?

• INFJ
    • INTJ
    • ENFP
    • ENTP
    • ISFJ
    • ISTJ
    • ESFP
    • ESTP
    • ISTP
    • INTP
    • ESTJ
    • ENTJ
    • ISFP
    • INFP
    • ESFJ
    • ENFJ

This poll is closed to new votes

Check mah sig

I don't trust the results of that test. Last time I took it, I got ENTJ, which is quite far from what I actually am. (ISTP).

Grumpy Alien

INFP. (Every time I take it, I get the same results.)

Scored ENTP on this test.

On these tests I pretty much always score either INTP or ENTP.

BannedForSatire

Check mah sig

That test is much shorter but I got INTJ on that one as I generally got in the past.

246938.png

INFJ - one of the 1% of the population groups (prone to mystical experience).

Whilst this test hasn't been as rigorously validated as some other psychological tests, it has been shown to be very accurate nevertheless, which is why many personnel managers use it for seeing who will work well with whom, and who is suited to what type of job.

That test is much shorter but I got INTJ on that one as I generally got in the past.

The one I took before (in my sig) was actually a lot longer than this one, but I still got the same result on this one anyway:

ISTJ - The Inspector

You scored 9% I to E, 63% N to S, 76% F to T, and 16% J to P!

Your type is known as the inspector, and the single word that describes your is superdependable. You also belong to the larger group of guardians. You look carefully at the people and institutions around you and notice every last detail. You feel it is up to you to make sure those around you uphold certain standards of attitude and conduct. You are down to earth, with a distaste for fanciful things. You prefer things practical to new-fangled. Your word is your bond. You have no problem with detail. You share your type with 10% of the population.

As a romantic partner, you are dependable and predictable. You usually like things done in very specific ways. You tend to appreciate tradition, and you work hard to achieve goals. You have trouble sharing your feelings, though. In your eagerness to be organized and productive, you can also be unwilling to examine or embrace alternative points of view. You like to be appreciated for your practical contributions, your common sense, and the efforts you make to keep your life on track. You like to be thanked often, both informally and formally and are most likely to be upset when your partner forgets a tradition you hold dear, such as an anniversary.

Your group summary: Guardians (SJ)

Your Type Summary: ISTJ

I would say the description isn't entirely accurate of me, but it's close enough.

Azure.Providence

I can't take this test. Without specific scenarios most of the questions are meaningless. Also, it forces me to choose between two things that aren't really opposites of each other. Like the whole introspective/observant question for example. Both of these things are important so why would I choose one over the other? And I dont even know what a critical vs value judgement even is. I also get the feeling that some of the questions assume you already have a good idea of your own personality so why bother asking them?

I've tried lots of personality tests but I never finish them because they make me go bleh...

I usually get INTP, but this time I got ENTP -- for both, it's just barely one or the other. I think it really depends on the situation.

weylyntala

INFJ for me, and the description was fairly accurate. ^_^

silverfirefox777

With the Jung test I have always been INTJ. On the Myers-Briggs test I got ISTP. (Couldn't take the OkCupid test, not available for mobile and too young. Didn't like the test I took anyway.) :)

Your result for The LONG Scientific Personality Test ...

INTJ -The Mastermind

You scored 9% I to E, 42% N to S, 100% F to T, and 11% J to P!

You are more introverted than extroverted. You are more intuitive than observant, you are more thinking based than feeling based, and you prefer to have a plan rather than leaving things to chance. Your type is best described by the word "mastermind", which belongs to the larger group called rationals. Only 1% of the population shares your type. You are very strong willed and self-confident. You can hardly rest until you have things settled. You will only adopt ideas and rules if they make sense. You are a great brainstormer and often come up with creative solutions to difficult problems. You are open to new concepts, and often actively seek them out.

As a romantic partner, you can be both fascinating yet demanding. You are not apt to express your emotions, leaving your partner wondering where they are with you. You strongly dislike repeating yourself or listening to the disorganized process of sorting through emotional conflicts. You see your own commitments as self-evident and don't see why you need to repeat something already expressed. You have the most difficulty in admitting your vulnerabilities. You feel the most appreciated when your partner admires the quality of your innovations and when they listen respectfully to your ideas and advice. You need plenty of quiet to explore your interests to the depth that gives you satisfaction.

Basically 91% Introverted, 58% Intuitive, 100% Thinking and 89% Judging, which is very similar to what I got on mypersonality.info (where I got the badge I have in my signature). Fits me really well, I can relate to every single line of the profile description no matter where I read it. It's almost scary. :P

Seraph's Embrace

I either come up as an ISFP or an INFJ and both seem to fit me well depending on the website - while I'd associate more strongly with the 'Empath' label of INFJ, the profile on this website for ISFP fits me word-by-word. It's slightly confusing, but it's the empathetic aspects of the ISFP that fit, I'm comfortable with INFJ being the more accurate overview.

Dominant Introverted Feeling
INFP & ISFP Personality Types

Introverted Feeling personality types are usually gentle and kind, they are intense and passionate about their values and deeply held beliefs, which they share with trusted friends. Because of their discreet manner, their enthusiasm may not be apparent. They are sensitive to others' pain, restlessness or general discomfort and strive to find happiness, balance and wholeness for themselves in order to help others find joy, satisfaction and plenitude. They are deeply empathetic.

They live life in an intently personal fashion, acting on the belief that each person is unique and that social norms are to be respected only if they do not hinder personal development or expression. They strive to adhere to their own high personal moral standards and are particularly sensitive to inconsistencies in their environment between what is being said and what is being done. Empty promises of adhering to something they value – such as environmental causes or human rights - set off an inner alarm and they may transform themselves into modern day Joan of Arcs.

They are quietly persistent in raising awareness of cherished causes and often fight for the underdog in quiet or not-so-quiet ways. In a team, they will raise issues of integrity, authenticity, and good or bad, and may to opt out if the team refuses to address the questions raised.

They are usually tolerant and open-minded, insightful, flexible and understanding. They live for the understanding of others and feel deeply grateful when someone takes the time to get to know them personally. They have good listening skills, are genuinely concerned, insightful, and usually avid readers. At their best, they inspire others to be themselves.

And it feels a little unusual that INFJ in a male is the most uncommon type - while the number of empathetic guys in my area isn't that high, I've met plenty of other people like me.

Also, has anyone else had trouble converting the MyPersonality pictures into a signature? The dimensions are right, but every time I try, it keeps on saying that it's "unable to retrieve signature image dimensions".

Always INFP. Fits me almost to a T.

Does anyone else know why there aren't that many Extroverts on here? Is that due to asexuality or due to Internet forum?

silverfirefox777

Always INFP. Fits me almost to a T.

Does anyone else know why there aren't that many Extroverts on here? Is that due to asexuality or due to Internet forum?

I think its to do with being an internet forum, I'm an facebook admin on a few fan pages and most there also tend to be introverted. :)

Internet forum.

I decided to take it after all and got ISTP. 100% I, 95% S, 95% T and 79% P.

I'm INFJ and there seem to be a lot of them around here. I think the 1% is inaccurate or maybe INFJ's are more likely to hang out in the chat.

Friend-wise, I tend to connect best with INTJ's, INFJ's and INTP's. I don't usually connect well with Se people. Although, maturity level and such effects how well I get along with others, so it varies.

My Fe is only slightly higher than the T part (idk if that's the proper abbreviation), so I can be quite logical.

I'm an INTJ, although I have about a 58% rate for Judging and a 42% for Perceiving. The INTJ analysis and results are ridiculously accurate for me personality-wise - except the career/field predictions. I'm a painter.

On that note, I made quite a few people from my art school take the test, and almost everyone is some form of NFP or SFP. I think being an NTJ lends me a very different perspective and approach to my field.

*Have also met a few ESFPs (one being my room mate) around here. That can get weird, fast.

Also, has anyone else had trouble converting the MyPersonality pictures into a signature? The dimensions are right, but every time I try, it keeps on saying that it's "unable to retrieve signature image dimensions".

Yeah, same problem. I think I'll try to save/resize the image and upload it to an image host.

ObsessedWithCats

I always come out as ISTJ, and while I agree that I fit each of those four traits I'm not a guardian type at all. I didn't like the OK cupid test, a lot of those I thought neither or both, and some were asking what I thought was the better approach rather than the approach I would take. Somehow it came out much lower on introversion than usual, although still more I than E.

• 3 weeks later...
That_Girl_With_Red_Hair

My personality type is INTP but from my experience with other tests like this one I know also lean towards INFP, which is most likely because my personality type has gravitated more towards INTP the older I've gotten. The cynicism I developed during my teen year definitely and sent the F, I once had skyrocketing towards the T.

Didn't finish the test. I disagree with some of these dichotomies.

"Are you more introspective than observant?" What, you can't be both? I'm a naturalist, which means I love to observe the natural world, but I'm also quite introspective. What am I supposed to put down?

"Are you more interested in what is actual, that you can touch and see, or in what is possible, where things will lead?" Again, why not both? I'm interested in all of it.

"Do you prize in yourself a strong hold on reality, or a vivid imagination?" I have to pick?

"In stores, do you prefer action and adventure, or fantasy and heroism?" What could this possibly have to do with my personality, and what if I like fantasy novels with plenty of action and adventure e.g. oh, I don't know, The Lord of the Rings?

A test much like this one identified me as INTJ long ago, but I don't have much interest in taking it again to see if I get something different.

TheOneCoveredInGlitter

all alone as an ENFJ

Wow, asexuals are really introverted.

ObsessedWithCats

Wow, asexuals are really introverted.

Or at least most of the asexuals who spend time on AVEN and take personality tests are introverted. I also think introversion makes people somewhat more likely to notice that they're asexual. There is a pretty vast skew though, I wonder if the fact that the question is on AVEN could account for all of that.

Archived