• straight-asexual
    • gay-asexual
    • bi-asexual
    • asexual-asexual
    • other (changing attraction, etc..)

This poll is closed to new votes

Skiddaloxx

Ok, hopefully the poll works.........

I am interested in who you folks are romantically attracted to or better said in which category you see yourself in......

I've considered myself a predominately asexual lesbian for a few years now, so that's one for gay-asexual. :mrgreen:

wednesday's child

Bi-asexual, although probably leaning slightly toward straight.

whirlygirl

i am bi-asexual, i tend enjoy the qualities of both genders (and different persuasions)

Graecisiva
I am interested in who you folks are romantically attracted to or better said in which category you see yourself in......

What about you? Which one do you feel most comfortable identifying with?

NotDisclosed

straight-asexual/asexual-asexual

Let's hope we never have to wear name tags,

I'd have to get on kinda like those drop out picture

holders in wallets. *hehe*

~NotDisclosed

Skiddaloxx

Graecisiva, i almost forgot.....

Actually that's a good question a good question, because exactly one year ago i WAS bisexual, and today i really cannot put my finger on my sexuality anymore. It tends to fluctuate like a rollercoaster, that's why i voted "other". On somedays i feel straight, on others gay, then bi, on others totally asexual and then autosexual and god knows what else.

Does anyone else experience a similar rollercoaster-ride?

PS: It's funny that there are seem to be so few straight-asexuals.

Graecisiva
Graecisiva, i almost forgot.....

Actually that's a good question a good question, because exactly one year ago i WAS bisexual, and today i really cannot put my finger on my sexuality anymore. It tends to fluctuate like a rollercoaster, that's why i voted "other". On somedays i feel straight, on others gay, then bi, on others totally asexual and then autosexual and god knows what else.

Does anyone else experience a similar rollercoaster-ride?

PS: It's funny that there are seem to be so few straight-asexuals.

Yes. For the past 2-3 years I thought I was queer for sure. Fortunately I've had the opportunity to talk a bit one on one with lesbians and queers about their sexuality and how they came to realize what was truly them. I've found that I'm not entirely queer like I thought I was. I appreciate both ends of the spectrum, both men and women. *Still* things didn't feel right. Although I may be romatically attracted to them, I'm not sexually attracted. Anyway, so far I've come to the conclusion that I'm bi, not bisexual but biasexual, I guess. There are some days it flipflops all over the place. I figure if the person is someone I'm attracted to, it doesn't matter what gender or sex they happen to be. And who knows, I may meet someone in the future who may change my mind about asexuality.

Historically I've always been straight-a, but I keep comsidering myself bi-a jsut to keep my options opened (all my close friends keep being girls, though I'm not really nonsexually attracted to people all that much, so maybe I'm asexual-a? I'm confused..)

I vote straight asexual i still like girls in a romantic kind of way but not in a i want to have sex kind of way.

Alex

straight-asexual... it's depressing, though, considering that most guys down here are sexual. :?

I'd be straight-asexual. I don't want to have sex with anyone, but I've only found male humans (animated and real, *ahem*) aesthetically pleasing in my way that's not sexual or lustful, but has a different connotation than just looking at a piece of nonhuman art.

i said gay-asexual, though it could be bi-asexual and me not know. i don't know. you know? i must be in an '-know' mood. boo. good poll. i'm glad you thought of it.

VivreEstEsperer

I was gonna say gay-asexual, but I'm not *actually* *attracted* to members of my same sex so that's not completely truthful; however it is just the feeling that if I were to ever desire romance or god forbid sex with someone that it would probably be with someone of my own sex, as I feel a slight aesthetic attraction to them. But then again, I don't really know.

So maybe questioning-aesthetic-lesbian-asexual? :) lol, or maybe take out the questioning. I'm pretty sure that's who I am for now.

Kate

xena_trade_center

geeez.. how am i supose to answer this? For the past couple years I was thinking 'Dang... I certainly don't like being sexual with guys. I must be gay!' But now I know I'm asexual... so I don't know if I REALLY am gay-asexual or just plain asexual. I've been trying to fit into a catergory so long that its left an impression. So i"m waiting for it to wear off before I go any further

wednesday's child

Sort of off the topic, but...

Incisivis!! *pokes* I didn't even realize you hung out in these parts! Bad, bad me ^^;

(This is Loren, BTW :D)

Sort of off the topic, but...

Incisivis!! *pokes* I didn't even realize you hung out in these parts! Bad, bad me ^^;

(This is Loren, BTW :D)

:shock: Holy crap! *waves*

Small Internet...though it was you that pointed me here, anyway. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just voted for gay asexual, as I am definitely asexual, and I am also definitely lesbian identified. I find female companionship less stressful and more satisfying. I find female cuddling comforting. I want a life partner who does not want sex. I think I may only find this in another female. Of course, this could be that most males I've been around have wanted me as more than a friend. (or they were in a commited relationship, related to me or gay). I just have problems around men who give off strong straight sexual vibes. Makes me too uncomfortable because I want none of that!! I think I'm the only one at girl scout camp (employees) who doesn't complain about the lack of men :). Well, o.k. there may be a few more lesbians here, they tend to flock to the girl scouts :).

FireFly

This question is hard. :roll: I'm still trying to figure out if I have a sex drive at all. If I do then I think I would be bi-asexual because I don't tend to be atracted to one sex more than to the other.

Cate Perfect

I say I'm gay-asexual because if I ever bother to create a household with another person it would be with a woman. I'm simply more comfortable with women on a day-to-day basis. And I like cuddles, but am only at ease with a woman that way.

I live in an isolated town, where everybody has blonde hair, blue eyes, white skin, and dresses exactly the same way. So normally it would be easy to assume that I'm not attracted to people in general, because I find that look pretty boring. :?

But when I was in Vancouver a while ago, I was around lots of different people and it appears I'm still attracted to other women. (wince) I still internally consider myself a lesbian, but...

YUCK!!! Why sex?!! Why did they have to pick such a disgusting, repulsive act to define "What You Are" and to provide the basis of relationships?!!! It's stupid!! It doesn't mean a damned thing!! :evil: Goddammit, I HATE society sometimes!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!! (stamps her foot, feeling frustrated and confused and hating the hell out of herself)

Actually, I'll shut up now :? I'm sure nobody wants to hear this. But anyway, I picked "gay-asexual".

EDIT: Thanks for listening :P Getting that out of my system felt pretty good. hee hee

Definitly a bad speller.

and also a straight-asexual. Like i have mentioned in previous posts, I find the female body beautiful...just not sexy or anything...beautiful as in a pretty sunset or a sketch i see at elfwood (artist site). I also want a female asexual partner to partner myself with. I don't get it...asexual...but wants a mate...and possibly kids? not ready now...but i can see myself having children of my own....but i am restless right now...gotta travel and see the world and adventure and live life right now...can't settle down yet. BUT ANYWAY.... :mrgreen:

Definitly a bad speller.

and also a straight-asexual. Like i have mentioned in previous posts, I find the female body beautiful...just not sexy or anything...beautiful as in a pretty sunset or a sketch i see at elfwood (artist site). I also want a female asexual partner to partner myself with. I don't get it...asexual...but wants a mate...and possibly kids? not ready now...but i can see myself having children of my own....but i am restless right now...gotta travel and see the world and adventure and live life right now...can't settle down yet. BUT ANYWAY.... :mrgreen:

Archived