Join the AVEN Media Team!

Sennkestra

As one of the largest and best known asexual organizations, AVEN often receives requests from journalists looking to interview members of the asexual community in order to get a better understanding of the community and to create stories about asexual experiences. Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, you should consider joining the Media Team!

The AVEN Media Team is a volunteer group of AVEN members and other asexuals who have expressed an interest in speaking to media. When we receive requests from a media person, we will forward the request to Media Team members in the relevent area. Simply joining the Media Team does not commit you to anything; you are always free to accept or decline media requests.

All information will be kept confidential and will not be shared with parties other than the AVEN Project Team without your permission.

To join the media team, simply fill out the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EDRGlsKfOb_FhEpxKzDAmnT6KKFSdXePzKSLgoGas00/viewform

If you have any questions, please comment here or email us at aven.pt@gmail.com

Are there any restrictions regarding active warnings, like with the moderator elections and such? I'm guessing not because I know this is something entirely different, but I just figured I'd ask anyway, seeing as I have a warning at the moment.

There are no restrictions based on active warnings or anything else, so no worries.

Xerces Blue

Are there any age limits 'cuz this is always a massive problem for me >.<

Are there any age limits 'cuz this is always a massive problem for me >.<

Generally we'd prefer if you are over 18, because collecting personal info from minors can be a problem...actually, let me get back to you on that, I just need to check whether that could lead to any sticky legal issues. >_<

DuskGiselle96

i'm 17 and 3 months. If i'm not too young, sign me up :)

Janus the Fox
Done I guess, it'll be interesting to see what's going on, even though there's no commitment or things. Only problem I see with interacting with media is that it don't allow very much time for preparation, or media may see the verbal difficulties and see that as the problem rather than focusing on the asexuality instead. Over time I may change my willingness options over time perhaps.
A Gray Phantom

I've signed up! 0:) Although I'm wary of the media, I feel my unique experiences and charisma could really benefit the visibility of the community :aven:

I'm a professional writer and a good public speaker, but I'm only seventeen. I will wait to see if that would be problematic or not, but I'd love to help broaden the pool of aces viewed in the media. As it is, I have already been on the local news once or twice (not asexuality-related) and written an editorial for my city's paper (I even got hate mail, it was fantastic).

Good luck to everyone, nonetheless.

I'm a professional writer and a good public speaker, but I'm only seventeen. I will wait to see if that would be problematic or not, but I'd love to help broaden the pool of aces viewed in the media. As it is, I have already been on the local news once or twice (not asexuality-related) and written an editorial for my city's paper (I even got hate mail, it was fantastic).

Good luck to everyone, nonetheless.

hate mail makes everything better!

Done! Seems like fun :)

• 2 weeks later...
WittyUsername

Do you have to show your face? I'd be fine with e-mail interviews and things like that, but I don't want to reveal my identity.

Do you have to show your face? I'd be fine with e-mail interviews and things like that, but I don't want to reveal my identity.

While replying to the form, you'll be able to say how you prefer participating :)
osiris8siriso

I signed up! I'd like to start getting more involved, i'm always too wishy washy with this site.

• 5 weeks later...
Masque_Ace

Any answers as to whether underage users can sign up yet? I'm 17 and would love to get involved.

• 3 weeks later...
swim2thesun

I've signed up~! I really hope I can be of help as I really want more of these misconceptions broken down.

The Scrabbler

I don't know if there'll be anything in Delaware, but if there is, I'll probably be the only one in the state, so I figured I ought to sign up.

• 1 month later...

I'm in. My little contribution to the world in return for the amazingness that AVEN has done for me!

Edit: I have a question. Can I edit my info later? I currently live in Alberta, but am moving back to Vancouver for the beginning of September, so I put BC. But I am a student and will no doubt move again for grad school in a year... How can I change that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All signed up! It would be a wonderful experience to actually be interviewed. Maybe open some minds and educate some people, lol.

Do they ever allow anonymity for interviewees?

I would be happy to tell all in its glorious detail, but only if my identity is protected.

ScaryHairy, yes! They do. The application asks what type of interviews you are willing to do, and if you would allow your identity to be released or not. You can be totally anonymous or completely open. It's up to you :)

Archived