? about Asexual Identity

felixlorax

felixlorax

I relate to the comments posted here so well. But at the same time I feel a bit like a fraud, because I have had one enjoyable sexual relationship in the past. Is it possible to be asexual for phases, or to have tendencies? I can identify myself as asexual because I could be happy in a loving, close, and nonsexual relationship with an Asexual. However, at the same time I know with the right Sexual women I could be happy too. I could be sexual if the relationship is first very close and meaningful with sex occuring later as a reflection of that feeling, but I don't have to have it. I can show my love in other ways. I apoligize for the analogy but is it possible to be a "bi" asexual as it were? To be able to go either sexual or asexual with the right person. I guess, I feel like that is what I am. This has ended up being more of a comment than a question, good thing it is going in the rant section.

its perfectly all right, there are no rules, you know. at the risk of sounding repetitive, sexuality is a spectrum and its upto you to locate your place on it. its fine if you feel you can be sexual with some people and not with others. its only human.

There is no problem if you want to stay around here. Until we decide otherwise, what defines asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction (whatever that is). I wasn't really sure either when I first joined. Not all asexuals are repulsed to sex, and some members are currently in sexual relationships.

I agree with everyone else. Asexuality is about a lack of sexual attraction. There are still asexuals that particulate in sexual activities while in relationships with loving partners, and some of them enjoy it. It's not about whether or not you enjoy sex, its about if you have that attraction. Check out the FAQs. There is a part in there that explains how some asexuals may enjoy being sexuality activite with partners :)

Ditto.

There are all types of asexuals.

I consider myself asexual. At present, I've never been in a sexual relationship at all, of any form. Will I always remain this way? Maybe, maybe not. First and foremost, I seek (like so many other folks!) a deep, meaningful friendship. If this is firmly established, then it may lead to further things. If not, so be it. Either way, it's not a top concern.

Yeah the label thing...

It's all about how you feel.

There's isn't some asexcual test that you have to take.

Some are asexual now and will be that way forever, some may change.

As long as you happy with defining who you are that's the most importnat thing.

It's about how you feel now.

Yeah I don't like labels..

I'm just a *mixture* of many many things. Asexuality is just a bit of what I am made of.

As long as I am comfortable with what I love, who I am and what I believe in, I'm fine & dandy.

People don't like it..that's THEIR problem. :D

Archived