Tumblr's Guide to Asexuality

Janus the Fox

Janus the Fox

Yeah... just a user that has compiled nearly everything on Asexuality on Tumblr. Some of it can get label crazy, some of it potentially elitist. The only problem I see with it, it also lists many users that have come out as ace.

ACETUMBLR - Philosophizing - A Guide to Asexual Tumblr

• Like 1
BookwormKaoru

My tumblr is on there. Lol. I kinda feel stalked, but some people let us know that they were compiling lists of asexual tumblrs. I'm glad they put me under community though, because I'm more about community than the advice people ask me for.

BookwormKaoru

My tumblr is on there. Lol. I kinda feel stalked, but some people let us know that they were compiling lists of asexual tumblrs. I'm glad they put me under community though, because I'm more about community than the advice people ask me for.

So you knew about the list before your username got put on it, correct? I was worried I'd see my own name there, but it seems like they ask permission first? Not that I mind followers, just that I wouldn't want something like that posted without my approval. (And though I openly mention stuff about being asexual/grey-a/whatever-the-hell-I-am now and then, my blog is primarily related to my personal interests/life philosophies/random nonsense and my mental health issues, not my sexuality.)

They are mostly asking that you ask them to be put on the list. They didn't ask me, but I was aware the list was being made. The only reason they put me on there was because it's my asexual blog and I'm always posting advice and other things into the asexual tag. My main blog isn't on there. So yeah, the reason they put you on there without your permission is if you are quite obviously an asexual blog. Otherwise they just wait for you to be like "Hey! I'm asexual and would like to be on the list!"

The list was started very recently because the person (that started it) got an ask from a new asexual who didn't think there were that many asexuals and they were feeling very alone, so the person did it out of solidarity and community. So a lot of people are asking to be put on if they don't mind being contacted and becoming friends with other asexuals.

Considering how the Asexuals on Tumblr drive people off the site for being 'elitist' - I don't think I want anything to do with them.

Real awesome there's a tumblr asexuality historian out there. Thanks for the share Darky!

There's no way to ever have a complete list with so much aceness spreading throughout Tumblr, but this is about as thorough as I could ever hope for.

Queer As Cat

interesting.... didn't know about this being done at all, but one of my Tumblr accounts is listed twice. i'm kind of flattered lol....

i'm tempted to sift through the links later, although i am a bit hesitant as i know that there can be a lot of content on Tumblr that frustrates me.....

Ooh look, they miss mine, but mine is so not ace anyways...

I haven't experienced an ounce of asexual eliteism on tumblr. I thought the list was pretty grand, I'm on there as well, well, two of my blogs are, it's listed as persona/professional writing blog and they're both under the asxuals list not any of the community

Oh, just so everybody knows, most tumblr users that I've encountered are reasonable enough that if your name appears on a list like this and you didn't give permission, you can ask the creator of the list to have your name removed and they will do it.