What are you currently reading?

Caligari

words are futile devices

I'm reading IT, but I've only got about 100 pages left, so I need to figure out what to read next! Maybe Ready Player One? That one has been sitting on my shelf untouched for a couple of years now. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

• Like 1
On 10/24/2017 at 10:07 PM, Peinture Paix said:

@Peinture Paix That's one of my favorite books! I think it's so prescient of later philosophical themes and the psychological characterization is incredible. Have you read anything else by Dostoyevsky? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cjk said:

@Peinture Paix That's one of my favorite books! I think it's so prescient of later philosophical themes and the psychological characterization is incredible. Have you read anything else by Dostoyevsky? 

Ah! Well then I'm glad that I chose this book to post about. :D I've had this book for a while, but it wasn't until recently when I've had enough time to get back to reading it. I have read one other book, and it was The Idiot. How about yourself? 

Personally, The Idiot was my least favorite of all his works...it's still pretty good though, I think I just personally disliked the character of Myshkin. Notes from the Underground is my favorite. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, cjk said:

Personally, The Idiot was my least favorite of all his works...it's still pretty good though, I think I just personally disliked the character of Myshkin. Notes from the Underground is my favorite. 

I respect that ^.^ I thought Myshkin was a decent character, though I also wouldn't say he would be a favorite either. Notes from the Underground has also been mentioned a couple times from a few friends of mine, I think I'll also give that book a read right after Crime and Punishment. :) 

It's much shorter and you don't have to memorize a billion different names and nicknames. Also, it's not as much a traditional novella as the others are traditional novels, which I appreciate because I'm a weirdo.

• Like 1

Recently finished "Vicious" by V.E. Schwab and it left me with a  major book hangover.

Not too sure what to read next, but I have a couple of TBRs on my bookshelf! 

On 25/10/2017 at 3:07 AM, Peinture Paix said:

This is what I am also currently reading. It's taken me longer than I would like to finish it due to work but I'm really enjoying it!

• Like 2

Still reading Lord of the Rings - I don't know if I can ever finish these books... Also started Temeraire - League of Dragons by Naomi Novik.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, snow.fox said:

Also started Temeraire - League of Dragons by Naomi Novik.

I just read the first book in my fantasy class and really liked it! I want to read the rest, but it'll be a while before I can get the time and money to read all of them...

8 minutes ago, sarahcasm said:

I just read the first book in my fantasy class and really liked it! I want to read the rest, but it'll be a while before I can get the time and money to read all of them...

It's definitely worth reading, though I can't say whether the ending is good or bad, yet. One of the few novel series about dragons I really enjoyed. I somehow can't seem to find any good ones anymore...

It's also the last of my german books. Except for some of my Manga series I've completely switched to english over the past few years.

2 hours ago, snow.fox said:

Also started Temeraire - League of Dragons by Naomi Novik.

Oh I've read a few of these books, I think 4 of them, when I was in middle school and they were awesome, I really liked them and I'm starting to think that I should reread them (this time all of them).

• 2 weeks later...

Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow, by Yuval Noah Harari.

My English class is reading lord of the flies. No ones died yet but I suspect death will be soon. Please no spoilers or I will be very mad. No one likes a book bejng spoiled! :evil:

flagsforhippos

Having read some heavy stuff lately I decided to go with something light. I chose 'The Unadulterated Cat' by Terry Pratchett.

• Like 1

The Perfect Score by Rob Buyea. It's a middle-grade novel told from five different perspectives. I'm finding it enjoyable so far.