What are you currently reading?

Caligari

SamwiseLovesLife

Bartemious - The ring of Soloman by Jonathan Stroud. It's hilarious and very gripping

Recently I've gotten back to a place where I can read for pleasure, so I've been rereading Les Miserables and reading Sandman for the first time.

• Like 4

I miss reading :( I got 3/4 of the way through a book and I was loving it, but I lost all motivation to read... 

I just finished "When Breath Becomes Air" by Paul Kalanithi, which was incredibly moving and very sad... Really made me think about life and death though, and a career in medicine (that's my plan haha). It was so beautifully written though!

Now I'm reading "Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza" by Gloria Anzaldua. I'm... not sure how it's going so far haha. I have the feeling I'm missing a lot of it because I can't read the Spanish parts haha.

sweetbitter

"The Handmaid's Tale" by Magaret Atwood. I'm not sure if it's an appropriate book for a sex-repulsed, underage girl like me :P

3 hours ago, sweetbitter said:

"The Handmaid's Tale" by Magaret Atwood. I'm not sure if it's an appropriate book for a sex-repulsed, underage girl like me :P

They've made a TV series about this, and I loved the book. I've only seen episode 1. It's not quite as good, but I do think it's doing the book serious justice. I'd recommend it so far. (they don't go graphic, in the sex bit either)

sweetbitter
3 hours ago, Ricchan said:

They've made a TV series about this, and I loved the book. I've only seen episode 1. It's not quite as good, but I do think it's doing the book serious justice. I'd recommend it so far. (they don't go graphic, in the sex bit either)

I know, but I don't like watching series, so I bought the book :)

• Like 1
WinterWanderer
2 hours ago, Debbie Lemonade said:

The Pinhoe Egg by Dianne Wynne Jones 

DWJ is one of my favorite authors :D

• Like 1

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Hammer of Thor

• Like 1

I recently read Carry on by Rainbow Rowell it was pretty good I would give it  a solid 9/ 10, I would definitely recommend it. Right now I'm desperate to get my hands on a copy of Dear Evan Hansen guess l better head to the bookstore soon!

Luftschlosseule

A short story collection by Haruki Murakami, but in the German edition so the title would probably not help. ("Blinde Weide, Schlafende Frau")
I like his short stories more than his novels because all the things I dislike in the novels is so time consuming that there is no space for it in a short story, like mentioning every bathroom visit and meal.

I have 20 pages left of Lolita by Nabokov, I really enjoyed it, I'm a fan of darker literature. And I'm about to start the Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky, it was recommended to me by a friend who loves Russian literature.

All right, I have finally finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Sadly, I did not follow all of the slightly convoluted plot (or maybe it wasn't really convoluted at all), but it was great.  Not perfect, but great.  What on earth do I read now?  What on earth do I read now?

But yeah, I should join Pottermore or whatever, if that's still a thing!

• Like 1
fluffyfingers

The Magician King. Gonna finish the Magicians series then try and finish the Wheel of Time series! 

Following Through

The Redemption Of Althalus - David & Leigh Eddings

• Like 1

I've seen the movies years ago but hadn't read the books yet, so I'm now doing a Harry Potter marathon :D plus I haven't read much since finishing high school and wanted to fix that this summer. I'm almost done with Chamber of Secrets, loved it all so far.

• Like 3
Hermit Advocate

One Punch Man fanfiction

Luftschlosseule

Yesterday, I re-started reading A Song of Ice and Fire for a number of reasons. It feels like a summer read, I have no money to buy new books, I've wanted to re-read it for a long time. The "how often do people say Winter is coming counter" is currently at four times. It's curious, on the one hand I've read the book already and seen the show up to season 6, but on the other hand I read it directly after starting reading in English instead in German and since my grasp of this language has been greatly improved by this, it's kind of like reading it for the first time. Also, everybody of the main characters is still alive, which feels weird, but that's going to change soon, I suppose.

• Like 4

American Mirror, The Life And Times Of Norman Rockwell by Deborah Solomon

• Like 1

American Heiress: The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes and Trial of Patty Hearst

Written by Jeffery Toobin (Author of The People V OJ Simpson)

His Dark Materials, The Subtle Knife

(that's the second one to The Golden Compass. I wanted an older one cause I got sick of authors trying to sound young and ending up sounding like parents that wanna be cool)

• Like 2