What are you currently reading?

Caligari

dragon_nerd

Blindsight ~ Robin Cook

"The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" - Stephen King. Unfortunately not my favourite collection of short stories from this author and although some of them were pretty good their earlier collections are a lot better.

As Old As Time - A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell. It is a Beauty and the Beast based book where the Enchantress turns out to be Belle's mum and the tale starts from when Maurice meets her and then goes to when Belle reaches the castle. It is quite good so far. I am a biggggg fan of the Beauty and the Beast films and have a pile of books based around the films and characters. ^_^

Lost a bet so I have to read the Crossfire books by Sylvia Day. *cries*

I'm not reading anything, and it greatly upsets me. I'm in my exam period (last one tomorrow!) so I haven't read anything for pleasure since March. I'll be picking up Lies We Tell Ourselves soon though, I think. 

Knight of Cydonia

I went through my old book collection from my childhood and I got sucked into all my favourite YA novels. Right now I'm reading The Bartimaeus Trilogy: The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud.

• Like 1

The Flame Bearer, by Bernard Cornwell. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot, but not as much as I enjoyed the previous book of The Saxon Stories series. :)

The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

• Like 1

^ a good book I read it a month or so ago and really liked it

It by Steven King

• Like 1
LoyalandTrue

^ Oooh horror stuff, not for me. 

Currently reading: A Dance With Dragons, by George R. R. Martin. I guess that does have a lot of violence and stuff in it tho... not my usual pick for reads, but I got into it about... gosh... 2 years ago, and have since been reading them off and on.

• Like 1

Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue, by Sam Harris and Maajid Nawaz.

"Two boys kissing" by David Levithan. I was in the mood for some gay teen romance. It turned out to be way less cheerful and cute. But it's still good! And it's got a trans boy in it as well!

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

birdybudge

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.  So far so good, although I'm not too far into it yet.  The main character is interesting.

Finished Etymologicon and now I'm back to a Guardians of the Galaxy novel.

• Like 2
chair jockey

The Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition Player's Handbook. I already read the 2nd Edition books extensively long ago when I started playing and running games, and later read enough of the Edition 3.5 books to run a game briefly, but the rules keep changing in meaningful ways, so if I'm going to get back into it I had better be familiar with the 5th Edition rules, as most people are using them these days.

• Like 1

Baseball Life Advice: Loving the Game That Saved Me by Stacey May Fowles. It's a book of essays, so I'm reading it slowly to savour it! 

Still reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Almost finished with it.  Some of it has seemed kind of forced but good overall-- then, I have to make a decision about whether to buy Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I know it's got kind of mixed reviews.

Also been reading The Brothers Karamazov a bit.  Really liked Crime and Punishment, not as sold on this yet.  It's good I guess, lot of theological discussions that don't quite work for me, but it's still kind of enjoyable thus far.

Also read the first 3 very short chapters of Pride and Prejudice.  Like Austen's wit, not so sure about the subject matter.  Fine, really, just maybe it needs to be fused with The Brothers Karamazov or something, I dunno.

• Like 2

Just a manga, Skip Beat!, I love it but its so slow, I'm technically following a couple of series especially the Arcana Chronicles, " Poison Princess"? I haven't checked on it in awhile, but I'll usually wait until every book is written, buy them, read them, and be happy. Otherwise I'll drive myself crazy with obsession.