What are you currently reading?

Caligari

asexualien

Yesterday, I started reading “Rebecca” by Daphne du Maurier. This is my first classic, and I’m liking it so far. 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
4 hours ago, J. van Deijck said:

Like, five or six different books at once. Currently trying to get through The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn. 

And in between these, I just started with that infamous "My Immortal" fanfiction story. My eyes are bleeding :lol:

AmberUK

set fire to our bed good omens fanfic series

DemonicEnby

I parry everything, light novel in English. It is funny and I like the premise very much. 

Blue eyes white dragon

Well I'm in the middle of reading The picture of dorian gray, a collection of short stories and poems by Edgar Allan poe, the strange case of Dr jekyll and myself hyde, book five of the how to train your dragon series, and dream witchery. So basically I haven't read anything in a couple of months cuz my brain ran out of reading juice but I'm trying to finish these (even if I've previously read mot of these ones, I wanted to reread and finish them)

• Like 1

Just finished “The Peculiar” by Stefan Bachmann. The clockwork steampunk bird on the cover drew me in to buy it at a garage sale a while back. It’s a good fantasy story and is set in Britain.

• Like 1
KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

I'm continuing on with my Diana Wynne Jones reading marathon, despite a few more setbacks/interruptions. I'm very close to being done [six more books to go!], and I'm aiming to be done before the end of this week. Then I'll make a big post with a list of all the books in publication order, a tier ranking from S to F, general musings on the books I liked best, which books I didn't like and aren't keeping anymore, and overall thoughts.

After that, I'm really not sure what I'll be reading. Probably something short and un-complicated. I thought about doing another Earthsea re-read, but I don't think I'm in the right mood. 

• Like 1

Yesterday, I started reading “Assistant to The Villain”. I’m more than halfway done. After finishing this, I might start on “Mexican Gothic” or finish my One Piece manga. 

On 3/22/2024 at 1:28 PM, asexualien said:

Yesterday, I started reading “Rebecca” by Daphne du Maurier. This is my first classic, and I’m liking it so far. 

I got permission from my tutor to use this for my next assignment - but then decided to use 'Under Milk Wood' and ''Cosmicomics' by Silvano. But that opening line is a classic ❤️ 

I read 'Oranges are NOt the Only Fruit' by Jeanette WInterson on a trip to Wales (I wasn't driving ;) ), one of the last required texts of this module - and the first I've ENJOYED. I've downloaded 'Why be happy When you Can be Normal' - another Jeanette WInterson. I love her style of writing.

Edited by Tanwen
  • Like 1

Finally finished Oathbringer (don't get me wrong, I loved it, but being stuck on it for months because of the size and lack of time because of school had me tired of it), and can finally start Dawnshard. Should I read Edgedancer first? Yes, I'm sure I should, but I don't have Arcanum Unbounded and it's too expensive in my home country so I have to wait to get it from abroad (I read a summary of it, and it hurt my soul, but what else could I do? I want to start RoW before break is over, so that I don't spend the rest of the semester on it).

On 3/22/2024 at 10:48 AM, J. van Deijck said:

And in between these, I just started with that infamous "My Immortal" fanfiction story. My eyes are bleeding :lol:

You're going to make me read it now, I'm so curious.