Strong aesthetic attraction to the same sex

paperwishes

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else is like this.

My whole life I have had what seems like a strong aesthetic attraction to women. Of course I only recently found out about aesthetic attraction so before now I really didn't understand what was going on... anyway... if anyone saw my blog they would see how strong this is considering I mostly post photos of women I find attractive (though I do post boys as well! Just not as much.)

I know for a fact I am not sexually or sensually or romantically attracted to women but I love looking at them. Not naked really, but I am a big fan of pin-up, burlesque, boudoir photography and I really love legs so more like in little clothing and not vulgar. I prefer looking at this than shirtless men (unless I'm in a sexual/sensual situation of course).

So does this make sense to anyone else? Even the other way around?

I think it makes sense. I like seeing an aesthetically pleasing picture, whether because of anatomy or simply the clothing showcased. However, I tend to like drawn things or digital art, in comparison to pictures.

it absolutely makes sense. i love women, but i am not sure if i could date one (but i have in the past) we can definitely appreciate good looking people!

This totally makes sense to me... the female form just seems more graceful and artistic in general than the male. Without sexual or romantic attraction towards them to give them a leg up, guys have a hard time comparing in the aesthetics department.

nebulous dove

Makes sense to me. Even a lot of my straight sexual female friends have said that they find women more appealing to look at aesthetically than men, especially when semi-nakedness/nakedness are involved.

I'm aesthetically attracted to guys from the waist up and the knees down (calves!), but I try to mentally blur that part in the middle out.

Kitty Spoon Train

My sense of aesthetic attraction is a funny thing...

It's like there are two totally separate things going on. One of these is gender-specific, and the other is completely gender-blind. But I didn't think about this much until I put a word to "aesthetic attraction" as a concept.

It's basically like this: there's a high level at which it's completely gender-blind. It just sees people as people and when I see someone good looking, young and healthy it goes: "Wow! You're a pretty specimen of the species!". This happens equally for girls and guys (and non-binary looking people), and it's hard to really say if I have any preference at all. But what I do know is that for no one is there any direct sexual attraction involved.

The aesthetic attraction that's specific for females has a slight sensual/affectionate twist to it. Some random girls I just find cute and cuddleable for whatever reason. But this is very rarely a strong feeling. And it's very hard to predict. I can talk about certain features that I like, or even having some general "types" which more often do it for me than others, but then if someone else points out someone whom I described like that, very often I don't see the attraction. So it's very hit and miss.

But yeah, lately I've stopped overanalysing my aesthetic attraction too much. The fact is that 99% of everything can be overridden by inner qualities with me anyway, so aesthetic attraction is more or less meaningless people-watching trivia to me. :D

missymodlex1000

Yes, I feel the same way about men, except when they are sexualized.

I always figured that everyone can appreciate their own gender: if a guy can think another guy is ugly, then why not the opposite way?

I don't know if that's true; all I know is that I'm more open to this than most.

(?)

I can definitely relate, I just have a strong aesthetic attraction to anybody. I do enjoy viewing nakedness in various mediums of art, purely for its artistic merit (this is where one of my friends would normally respond with a "hahaha, sure ya do ;)" XD). For the most part I view bodies as shapes and lines.

Sexualised images of anyone in any form, however, make me feel rather awkward sometimes. Having only friends who are sexual (as far as I am aware!), such media will sometimes be shown around a pub table and the most I can offer to the conversation is, "I see. Would anyone like another drink?".

However, I really don't enjoy images of 'six pack type masculine' shirtless top images, especially from bio males.

I just want to kick them out of the picture.

Yes! I don't understand why this is the 'normal' sexy thing! None of my friends like this so I have yet to understand why it's so popular.

I agree about women generally being more aesthetically pleasing than men, and about the unattractiveness of muscle-bound guys. It mostly just looks gross and I'll perceive the guy as egocentric to boot. There have been occasions where I've thought six packs were hot though, like if he's a superhero or the protagonist in an action movie. Haha. But even then...the muscles are attractive because of how they're put to use, not just because they're there. ^_^

nebulous dove

I always figured that everyone can appreciate their own gender: if a guy can think another guy is ugly, then why not the opposite way?

I don't know if that's true; all I know is that I'm more open to this than most.

(?)

My guess is that most people can and do appreciate attractive people of their own sex, some just don't want to admit it because of the stigma around being gay. Culturally, it's easier for a woman to say another woman is attractive than for a man to say another man is attractive (because for some reason leaning toward lesbianism is kind of sort of ok, but leaning toward male homosexuality is definitely not :rolleyes: )

Janus the Fox
Yes, I absolutely do experience a stronger aesthetic attraction to other males stronger than females as well... this holds fairly true in real life and what I find um... fetishisticly attractive in art... In Furry art... I find also the aesthetics in that too... feel free to browse my DevientART page faves... Its in the Sig :o
  • 2 months later...
Vyanni Krace

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else is like this.

My whole life I have had what seems like a strong aesthetic attraction to women. Of course I only recently found out about aesthetic attraction so before now I really didn't understand what was going on... anyway... if anyone saw my blog they would see how strong this is considering I mostly post photos of women I find attractive (though I do post boys as well! Just not as much.)

I know for a fact I am not sexually or sensually or romantically attracted to women but I love looking at them. Not naked really, but I am a big fan of pin-up, burlesque, boudoir photography and I really love legs so more like in little clothing and not vulgar. I prefer looking at this than shirtless men (unless I'm in a sexual/sensual situation of course).

So does this make sense to anyone else? Even the other way around?

I'm the same way. Sort of.

While I consider myself to be panromantic, I am also demiromantic which means that, while I do experience romantic attraction, it is a very rare occurrence in my life.

Which is why, for a long time I was confused about why I am so obsessed with staring at girls (and boys). This was also why I at first thought I was sexual, because I do enjoy looking at the human body and I do find it beautiful on occasion. However I've never felt any sexual attraction towards anyone and considering how the definition for romantic attraction didn't fit either I was very confused. I ended up just putting it down to me being an artist, and seeing beauty in just about everything.

Then I found out about aesthetic attraction, which fits what I'm experiencing perfectly.

I feel aesthetic attraction towards both boys and girls but I obsess over the female body and features a lot more...which is why my 'Pictures' folder on my computer is full of pictures of pretty girls (naturally pretty, not caked with make-up), and why my drawing-journal is full of detailed drawings of girls faces and women with their backs turned.

Vyanni Krace

(?)

My guess is that most people can and do appreciate attractive people of their own sex, some just don't want to admit it because of the stigma around being gay. Culturally, it's easier for a woman to say another woman is attractive than for a man to say another man is attractive (because for some reason leaning toward lesbianism is kind of sort of ok, but leaning toward male homosexuality is definitely not :rolleyes: )

The amount of times my mum has said something like: 'Wow look at those boobs!', during a movie at home while my dad has just sat there silently like 'yeah whatever.'

Oakn_wi11ow

I find idealized forms expressing peak natural potential awe inspiring. Not the roided men, nor the siliconed women, not the sugar/fat/salt fed people , nor the ultra low calorie persons, wonderful as they are, but what we might be IF we strove for our perfect potential in harmony with the planet and one another..

Yeah, makes a lot of sense. I feel that way about both men and women, but I'm not bisexual or biromantic at all, I just think some people are beautiful to look at. Even if one of my major "crushes" was nude in my bed, i would not want to have sex with them; and even if one was romantically interested in me, I would not desire a relationship.

A lot of people I know misinterpret it though, like I'm repressed and in denial, and I'm pretty sure that it not the case.

Which is why, for a long time I was confused about why I am so obsessed with staring at girls (and boys). This was also why I at first thought I was sexual, because I do enjoy looking at the human body and I do find it beautiful on occasion.

Same, all of this. For a while I was uncertain about my sexuality because of this.