A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Welcome Edensheel!! :cake:

A rubber duck store on the top of a mountain. Wow. Well done to them!

It reminds me of a hike I did. It's called the West Coast Trail, and is about a 7 day hike through the rugged coast of Vanouver Island on the west coast of Canada. In the middle, the natives run a burger shack. After four days of freeze-dried camp food, that was the best burger of my life!! SO GOOD!

Making people work for things really does make it more precious, eh? :)

That hike sounds intense! O___O do you hike often?

I try to hike as often as I can, but I'm so busy nowadays :( That story comes from when I was in high school, and could still take a week off in the middle of the summer with no ramifications :P Oh, the good old days when summers were free... *sigh*

The Pofessional

*raises hand*

Another newly agender-identifying soul to add to the mix. Basically 2.5 A's on the three A scale (asexual, agender, kinda sorta romantic when I can clear my head and step outside myself).

Hey hey hey, welcome to our corner of AVEN!

Why hello there coolcat, welcome to the resident A(gender)verngers thread :D

Have some welcome cake.

273C7C0100000578-3023833-Let_me_eat_cake

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Anthracite_Impreza

Having a very agender day today, walking round the market noticing how obviously gendered all the clothes are and grumbling about it to my dad. Luckily for my sanity he's pretty non gender-conforming himself ^^ Let's throw away all labels except size and just have "clothes"!

• Like 5

Having a very agender day today, walking round the market noticing how obviously gendered all the clothes are and grumbling about it to my dad. Luckily for my sanity he's pretty non gender-conforming himself ^^ Let's throw away all labels except size and just have "clothes"!

if only there were more people like you and him. ^^

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/07/my-life-without-gender-strangers-are-desperate-to-know-what-genitalia-i-have

After reading this article yesterday I've been dwelling on gender expression. Intellectually I understand expression and identity are separate, but I still feel guilty when I think of all the hardship those who decide to transition face versus the ease that comes with passing. I guess I just feel lucky that I've never suffered much dysphoria.

Anyhow, I thought the article was a great read and people here might relate. As someone whose agender expression is mostly centered around elimination of overt gender markers, it's always interesting to learn about agender people's experience who express as more fluid or as a binary mash-up.

Anthracite_Impreza

if only there were more people like you and him. ^^
Aww, thanks? :D
  • Like 1

Hey peeps! I'm actually surprised I haven't introduced myself here before, I thought I have... :blush: *waves*

• Like 1
kingoftheswamp2

Alrighty I'm a smart person I've got myself now like .2% figured out.

Hey guys, what's up?

LadyErzsebet

I guess I'm here too? Not 100% sure I'm agender but that's what I'm going with for now. Gender is weird and confusing.

• Like 1

I guess I'm here too? Not 100% sure I'm agender but that's what I'm going with for now. Gender is weird and confusing.

^^^^^^ THIS

Was in a thread here talking about gender and realised that I "don't get it" and then it hit me........ I don't get it because I don't experience it. Oh. Oh! Cue a few days of anxiety and a few weeks later, here I am!!!

• Like 1

First off, welcome to all the new people who introduced themselves while I was gone!!! Cake for you :D

cake.jpg

Alrighty I'm a smart person I've got myself now like .2% figured out.

Hey guys, what's up?

.2% eh? In the world of queerdome, that's pretty impressive ;)

• Like 6

Heart, that sushicake is just wonderful! Now I want to make one that awesome ;)

Welcome to all the new people! :)

sushi-wedding-cake.jpg

• Like 2

Sooooo what's up guys?

honestly not too much

going to school- trying to sell my tee shirts... pretty average stuff :/

what about you?

kingoftheswamp2

School and homework and trying to fit in some anime when I can.

But selling t-shirts sounds fun. How's that going?

pretty well, I've made $15.40

I'm having trouble advertising though :/ like I want people to know about it but at the same time I don't want to sound like a pushy sales person..

Dodecahedron314

I'm having trouble advertising though :/ like I want people to know about it but at the same time I don't want to sound like a pushy sales person..

Hmm...perhaps try posting something in Open Mic? Although I don't know what that subforum's policy is on selling stuff, probably best to check with the pinned thread with the rules first and then use your own judgement. Just sort of a "hey, I made this thing, and if you like it you can buy it!" type thing, perhaps?

• Like 1
kingoftheswamp2

Hmm well, I wish you good luck. Making money is very good.

Those cake pictures are pretty!!!

:D

Ooo selling Tees? Fun!

Hey there The_Verse :3 how are you?

I've been getting rid of a lot of clothes lately as part of trying to be more minimalistic with my possessions. I found out that I do have my favorites when it comes to clothes, and there are things that I had and liked but never reached for. I feel like having staple items that I love is the key to not having a bunch of clothes that take up closet space and laundry time. x.x

• Like 1

Hey there The_Verse :3 how are you?

I've been getting rid of a lot of clothes lately as part of trying to be more minimalistic with my possessions. I found out that I do have my favorites when it comes to clothes, and there are things that I had and liked but never reached for. I feel like having staple items that I love is the key to not having a bunch of clothes that take up closet space and laundry time. x.x

Yes I have a minimalist approach with regards to clothes. I don't have that many clothes for leisure wear, mainly just t-shirts

• Like 1