A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Oh!!! Can I join?!? I brought cake! *Backs a open air truck with a 'cation wide load' banner. The truck has a giant 50000000000000 tall cake on it* Darn...I forgot cake was an ace thing...we should come up with a agender food!

I was so confused as to why the cake was made entirely of positively charged ions. Then I realized it was a typo. Dang you, physics brain.
It's not 'cation load'. It's 'cation-wide load'. I wouldn't want to eat a sheet of cake that's just one atom thick. ;)
  • Like 1

Just saying, I'd eat any cake. I don't even care if it's only one atom thick, as long as it's matter and not anti-matter ;)

OH OH OH! Double post because this needs to be said.

We could use the sheet of cake to wrap our kappamaki sushi. No seaweed then, and a tip of the hat to our asexuals too :D ;)

• Like 3

You wouldn't eat anti-matter cake?

[[[judging intensifies]]]

Surely, if you are matter, and you eat anti-matter, it'll destroy you? So if you ate an anti-matter cake, both you and the cake would be annihilated! Or something...

Now I kind've wish we had a jewelry signifier thing.

Amoeba-Proteus

1 atom thick? Well that would certainly be one delicate cake! :o

• Like 1
Rylan-is-ninja

Um hello! I was wondering if you/someone/anyone really would be able to answer a few questions for me about being agender/genderless? I think I'm agender but I also might be demigender and I'm really just trying to figure myself out but I don't really know a lot about being either agender or demigender so I need help sorting myself out :/

Much thank!!

• Like 1

Surely, if you are matter, and you eat anti-matter, it'll destroy you? So if you ate an anti-matter cake, both you and the cake would be annihilated! Or something...

And then neither me nor the cake would be happy. Thus, I will stick to matter cakes and leave all the anti-matter cake wrapped sushi for kappamaki ;)

Um hello! I was wondering if you/someone/anyone really would be able to answer a few questions for me about being agender/genderless? I think I'm agender but I also might be demigender and I'm really just trying to figure myself out but I don't really know a lot about being either agender or demigender so I need help sorting myself out :/

Much thank!!

There are plenty of people around willing to answer questions! My suggestion would be to start a thread of your own, so you don't get lost in the banter in threads like this :)

Go ahead and ask away!

• Like 2

Yeah edible rice paper actually tastes really good! And there you go, sushi! It's vegan, healthy or unhealthy, you can put chocolate on it, um...anything else XD

Sushi cake: the official new thing for agender asexuals :D

sushi-cake.jpg

• Like 9

Much thank!!

Sure, ask away! I'll have to admit that you may never be able to adequately answer what one of those you are, since it's really really hard to quantify gender identity with any accuracy. If you know what you're looking for, you can more or less figure out "Blue, pink, dark purple, or clear?" but the fine gradients are going to be really hard to pick out. grab whatever you guess fits best at the moment, and if it changes later, so be it. :) The basic trends can include - since your avi looks female bodied, I am assuming that as a base..

"I fail at girl, but i'm not attracted to masculinity either", - before finding that agender is a thing, a common statement is "I guess i'm a girl/boy (because that's what people tell me).. but i'm really bad at it.". Evidence of gender-nonconforming behavior that is not specifically associated with the opposite gender. It's not just "being a tomboy", but it can often look like it..

For me, in some situations I see people start to react to me like I was sliding into the Uncanny Valley. The sort of words that get mumbled about me in those cases tend to be synonyms of "not human". Which.. hurts, by the way. If that's something that sounds familiar, my condolences.

"I see things that I recognize as feminine, but I don't associate them with myself or as being directed toward me", If someone does something directed at you that is particularly gendered, you might be confused and have to consciously stop to think for a second before it clicks, "OH! They're saying/doing that because I look like a girl." Some feminine and masculine behaviors are baffling.

Body dysmorphia - some people do, some people don't. I have a mild annoyance with certain of my secondary sexual characteristics, but I can cope with them. I have a vague disconnect with my pelvic anatomy - I don't dislike it, but it feels a bit like a peripheral that I was given at random. Some people don't like looking in mirrors. Do you use your bathroom mirror?

There's a thing that people ask to try to explain transgender to people: Basically, after asking about their gender, they ask hypothetically what they would feel like if they were magically body changed to be the opposite gender, and everyone treated them as the opposite gender from then out. This thought is apparently distressing to cisgender people if they really contemplate it, and someone transgender DREAMS of that happening. My reaction was "well, i'd have to get a bunch of new clothes.. I guess that would be annoying..?" Then I thought about wandering into work in the opposite body, and about people treating me differently, and the reaction remained "Meh, okay."

Demigender is pretty much just when you can consistently locate your gender somewhere between some other gender and agender in some way, but are still agender enough that it leaves you a bit alienated from normal gendered life. Nobody else can tell you what your gender actually is but you, because seriously, it's a real pain for US to figure out for OURSELF.

• Like 2
TaminSweets

so I am like agender 55% to 60% of the time....

what's with agender and the references to sushi lately?

*whispering* oh yeah can I join in the forum? or must I be 70% or more agender to be allowed into the club :P

You must be at least 1%, so you're fine :)

And the people talking about sushi, are weird.

• Like 1

Ok so here I am for a sexuality/gender/romantic food

Agender- Sushi (it can be candy sushi Jordan...)

Aromatic- Carmel

Pansexual- Gummy Bears

Ace- Cake

More coming soon!

These have been voted on over serval diffrent medias

Aromatic- Carmel

Pansexual- Gummy Bears

Ace- Cake

More coming soon!

These have been voted on over several different media

I'm curious what these media are. Can you post links?

Dodecahedron314

Aromatic- Carmel

Pansexual- Gummy Bears

Ace- Cake

More coming soon!

These have been voted on over several different media

I'm curious what these media are. Can you post links?

The caramel thing for aros is my fault, it happened over on the triple-A thread in Romantic and Aromantic Orientations. http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/116451-aaa-batteries

I don't know if two or three people can be considered a unanimous vote, but it doesn't seem that anyone's objected to it... :ph34r:

I have no idea how the gummy bear thing happened, though. I'll have to ask my pan friend, maybe she'll know.

I wanna be pansexual just so I can have gummy bears ;(

• Like 1
Amoeba-Proteus

So I have sushi, caramel and cake?
I'm totally okay with this.

Psst, Hi guys! can I join? I'm pretty busy most of the time, but I might stop in for sushi and cake occasionally ;)

Sorry, we only accept people who bring us gifts :evil:

Psst, Hi guys! can I join? I'm pretty busy most of the time, but I might stop in for sushi and cake occasionally ;)

We demand... a shrubbery!

• Like 4

A shrubbery?! where am I going to get a shrubbery! I have this cool dinosaur keychain, would you accept a cool dinosaur keychain?

also I love Monty Python

I'll take that keychain and keep some extra sushi and cake for you in the fridge ;) The best thing about internet food is that it never runs out, and never gets stale! :D

DigitalBookDust

I'm androgynous-does that count as agender? I don't have any sushi on me but did bring apple kugel as an offering! :) Warning-it's caramel flavored! I don't ID as masculine or feminine, just "Librarian". I dye my hair blue and keep it very short. I am on the petite side so look boyish, figure-wise. i find sex-characteristics to be an annoyance and wish I didn't have any. I'd rather be featureless, neutral.

If you can juggle or walk on your hands you're in!
Similarly, I don't identify as masculine or feminine, just as 'person'.

Welcome :) :cake: (we need a sushi-emoticon)

I'm androgynous-does that count as agender? I don't ID as masculine or feminine.. i find sex-characteristics to be an annoyance and wish I didn't have any. I'd rather be featureless, neutral.

That sounds kind've like neutrois, which is yes a sort of agender-ness. So have some sushi!

• Like 1

STOP OFFERING SUSHI!

WE LIKE CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Down with the sushi-cake binary! It's okay to like neither or both! And some food is sushi AND cake! Sushi cake!

• Like 1