A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Personally, I am not girly (never really into the frill of feminine things) and yet I'm not really masculine, either. I don't feel like I can say that my gender is female or male. I can tolerate people using feminine pronouns, but would prefer they/them. I dress androgynously except for the occasional dress or skirt and don't experience body dysphoria. Would I be correct to identify as agender?

You are correct in identifying as agender if you feel agender :) What you have described with respect to clothing has more to do with presentation than gender; gender is in your mind, not your actions or appearance. If you feel neither like a man nor a woman, then you probably are some form of non-binary identity, of which agender is one. Agender is defined as feeling like you have no gender. So if that's you, and that label feels comfortable, then yes, go ahead and use it :)

• Like 2

Thanks! This website has been the only place with such supportive answers. 😊

• Like 1

I decided to buy a skirt for the first time... WHY THE FUCK ARE WOMEN'S CLOTHES SO EXPENSIVE!?!?!?!

Well clothes in general, why are they expensive. Why can't they be free... Either that or legalize nudity.

How can they say "it is illegal to be naked in public" and then let clothes stores charge £30 for a skirt, or £45 for jeans. I get £55 a week, and £35 of which I have to pay for the pleasure of living with my family (please note the sarcasm).
Then there is the awkward sizes. I am a 30" waist, but 6ft tall... Finding trousers that fit, is a bitch... hence the skirt (size 12 seems to be easier to find)... So let's see how "comfortable" I feel with it when it arrives in a few days (thank god for Amazon)

• Like 2

I have a question actually: what's the difference between saying someone is agender or genderless? I've been going by as genderless but I guess agender fits too, and I don't really know which suits me more. (I basically don't feel male or female or even neutral ... I just act more feminine because that's how I've been brought up. And I do sometimes wish I didn't have a female body, though not enough to have surgery or anything.)

I don't think it's something you can say of someone, the only one who can decide is yourself. I went by agender for a while, and have also tried out neutrois and demigirl, and then sort of gave up, so now I go by non-binary, which I know isn't even a thing, but it's a place-holder until I find something that I know fits. I've been leaning more towards agender lately, but I would find it difficult to explain why.

For me, I would say that agender feels like being some kind of gender, just not one that's defined, and genderless as actually being without gender. However, I'm not sure if this is the actual distinction, or that there is somewhere a better one.

• Like 1

Why not just go by your own gender?
Say that you are Aworld gender. And when people ask "Dafuq?!" Just say it is too complex, but awesome, for them to understand :)

• Like 1

Thank you :) I think I'll go for agender for now, if only because it fits nicely with asexual and aromantic, what with them all beginning with A.

Aworld-gender though! To be honest that's probably the only thing that can completely accurately describe me 100%! :P

• Like 3
butterflydreams

Thank you :) I think I'll go for agender for now, if only because it fits nicely with asexual and aromantic, what with them all beginning with A.

Aworld-gender though! To be honest that's probably the only thing that can completely accurately describe me 100%! :P

YAY! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

*whistles* It's been quiet here for too long...

How is everyone?

• Like 1

Good thanks, how are you?

Also, it just occurred to me that I never "officially" entered this thread ... *offers cake to everyone as a present-sacrifice-thing*

*noms cake quickly*

I'm doing alright... A little sleepy, but alright

• Like 2

*takes another piece of cake*

My favourite thing about AVEN cake is the very special property of never running out. Always enough for seconds :D

• Like 2

My favourite thing about AVEN cake is the very special property of never running out. Always enough for seconds :D

You CAN have your cake and eat it too :D

Put a link there for those who don't understand English proverbs :P

• Like 2

You CAN have your cake and eat it too :D

Put a link there for those who don't understand English proverbs :P

LOVING IT!

*Takes cake*

I really like the list of translations to other languages on the wiki-page. All so similar, but still different. :)

*Takes cake*

I really like the list of translations to other languages on the wiki-page. All so similar, but still different. :)

I was just thinking the same thing :)

Hi! I'm new (well, I've been lurking for a while^^)

Nice to meet some people (in general! But especially who are going through similar things)

• Like 2
butterflydreams

Sometimes when I think of AVEN cake, I'm reminded of this scene, only replace "beer" with "cake" ;)

Why hello there Tacroy! You're well timed; there's plenty of cake around, so make yourself at home ;)

Hello ^_^ It's nice seeing an agender thread. The comments here have been the most helpful I've seen on what it means to be agender.

Welcome Blaze :) Glad that they're helpful. Here, have some welcome :cake: :cake: :cake:

GUYS! I was looking at where I have an interview tomorrow... and well..

f9ugh.jpg

You see what I see?

The 'cake fusion' restaurant-type-thingy? That sounds awesome :)

Cake Fusion sounds so cool! I don't know what it is, but since it has "cake" in the title it must be awesome :)

Good luck for your interview Jordan! (I guess you've probably already had it by now...)

Went out yesterday dressed femme.

15001705664952173786.jpeg?v=1

Got a few compliments and no bad comments! At a very liberal college, but still!

• Like 2