A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Luftschlosseule

I use generic masculin for nouns and female pronouns since I am not sure I can get everyone to use neopronouns. I like ne/nim/nir, but I just don't want to explain everything every single day...

• Like 1
On 13.1.2018 at 12:37 PM, Luftschlosseule said:

I use generic masculin for nouns and female pronouns since I am not sure I can get everyone to use neopronouns. I like ne/nim/nir, but I just don't want to explain everything every single day...

I've never heard of those pronouns. Are they especially for German? Could you give me some examples?

Luftschlosseule
19 hours ago, Tintenfeder said:

I've never heard of those pronouns. Are they especially for German? Could you give me some examples?

Those are neopronouns, they should work for most languages.

Kim likes books. Ne has a whole collection.

Nim friends like to borrow nir books now and then.

• Like 1

Hello fellow agenders,
I have been feeling a bit dysphoric lately, wishing to look more androgynous (in a neutral way more than a "looking-like-both" one). 

I was wondering if it was common around other agender people. 
How do you feel or where do you stand regarding [a]gender expression?

:cake::cake::cake:

(has this been discussed before???)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Marjolaine said:

Hello fellow agenders,
I have been feeling a bit dysphoric lately, wishing to look more androgynous (in a neutral way more than a "looking-like-both" one). 

Hello and welcome!

I definitely prefer to look androgynous in a neutral way. As an AFAB person, I feel most comfortable when I'm presenting relatively masculine because it kind of cancels itself out. However, if I were AMAB I think I would prefer to present more feminine. That realization was actually part of how I realized that I'm nonbinary. 

(I mean, a whole lot of things have been discussed before, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue the discussion!)

• Like 2
Luftschlosseule

Hi (:

I get better at discovering what looking agender means for me. I am overweight, which means I kind of have a overweight figure rather than looking male or female, and I love my long hair. I am loosing weight, but will never look skinny.

I love lipstick, at least at the moment. Red lips are closely associated with women, I get that - but there is no such image tied to blue lipstick, at least for me.

• Like 3

On 22/01/2018 at 4:52 PM, Andiamo said:

Hello and welcome!

I definitely prefer to look androgynous in a neutral way. As an AFAB person, I feel most comfortable when I'm presenting relatively masculine because it kind of cancels itself out. However, if I were AMAB I think I would prefer to present more feminine. That realization was actually part of how I realized that I'm nonbinary. 

(I mean, a whole lot of things have been discussed before, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue the discussion!)

YES I feel that way too. It's also what confirmed me that I was probably not a trans man. 
On that subject, while figuring out that I was on the agender spectrum, I found out that people that I found the most attractive were also people whom I wish I could look like. Does this ever happened to you? 

12 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Hi (:

I get better at discovering what looking agender means for me. I am overweight, which means I kind of have a overweight figure rather than looking male or female, and I love my long hair. I am loosing weight, but will never look skinny.

I love lipstick, at least at the moment. Red lips are closely associated with women, I get that - but there is no such image tied to blue lipstick, at least for me.

Yeah I also try to discociate my idea of androgyny from the stereotype of a skinny white masculine-looking AFAB person. Even if I fit in some of these descriptions. I always find myself thinking I do not look ambiguous enough.
Also blue lipstick sounds niiiiice :)

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Marjolaine said:

On that subject, while figuring out that I was on the agender spectrum, I found out that people that I found the most attractive were also people whom I wish I could look like. Does this ever happened to you? 

For me, absolutely. I usually don't notice people's appearances in an aesthetic way, more just in a "that's what so-and-so looks like" way. However, with people who are more androgynous I almost always immediately think that they are really aesthetically attractive. 

• Like 2
On 1/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, Marjolaine said:

Hello fellow agenders,

Totally get this! Even with a masculine haircut, all male clothing, no makeup, and a minimizing bra on (don’t feel comfortable with binding), I still read female - or MAYBE 12 year old boy from the back. I’d really love for people to just see Person when they look at me, but that’s probably more in the mind of the person who is looking at me. :-)

• Like 1

omg I've been looking at some videos from non-binairy youtubers and scrolling through the comments made me feel so bad, I never saw that much hate online (well not on that subject). I went there to find comfort but only found nigthmare fuel. I think I'm gonna stick with you people for a bit. I send you lots of love and cake. :cake:

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule
7 hours ago, Marjolaine said:

omg I've been looking at some videos from non-binairy youtubers and scrolling through the comments made me feel so bad, I never saw that much hate online (well not on that subject). I went there to find comfort but only found nigthmare fuel. I think I'm gonna stick with you people for a bit. I send you lots of love and cake. :cake:

Please stop that. There are videos where you can read the majority of comments, like most of Jen Campbell's for example, but mostly you'll get sad or worked up.

Stay with us and eat cake. It looks delicious.

• Like 3
Luftschlosseule

Guys. One drugstore make-up brand in Germany, Catrice, has a limited edition called genderless. Here you can view the products and can see how it's colourised. If you have any questions regarding the descriptions of the products, tell me and I'll translate, but the product names are in English.

It's the first time I see something like this, and then it's a brand that you can get everywhere, which is great! There is nothing I want on first glance, but that's because I am set-up make-up wise. I hope that it's such a success that they'll be incorporating unisex products in their regular product range.

• Like 2

Hi! I've recently started identifying as agender, and it's such a relief to find a label that suits me. I've still got some doubts (don't we all?) about how my gender expression relates to my identity, but I have to keep reminding myself what I always tell other people: gender expression ≠ gender identity. 

I have now collected three A's (asexual, aromantic, and agender), and I am now even closer to fading away into nonexistence (if I am to believe what a certain group of people say)

• Like 2

Welcome to the thread :):cake:

I really get you on the gender expression thing. I find that my gender expression will fluctuate quite a bit, bit that doesn't make me any less agender. Still, it can sometimes feel confusing. You'll get there :)

• Like 1
On 3.2.2018 at 7:07 PM, Luftschlosseule said:

Guys. One drugstore make-up brand in Germany, Catrice, has a limited edition called genderless. Here you can view the products and can see how it's colourised. If you have any questions regarding the descriptions of the products, tell me and I'll translate, but the product names are in English.

It's the first time I see something like this, and then it's a brand that you can get everywhere, which is great! There is nothing I want on first glance, but that's because I am set-up make-up wise. I hope that it's such a success that they'll be incorporating unisex products in their regular product range.

I was so excited as I saw it! Sadly, my mother was with me at that time, that's why I couldn't really look at it, so thanks for the link.

My friend invited me on facebook to an asexual event in my city and I'm so excited! I honestly am kind of suprised there is a local community. It's in three weeks and it will be my first real life encounter with, I guess, other asexuals!?? 
waaaa

(I often wish I could knit myself a giant sweater with black, gray, white and purple stripes.)

• Like 3
Luftschlosseule
15 hours ago, Marjolaine said:

(I often wish I could knit myself a giant sweater with black, gray, white and purple stripes.)

What's stopping you?

@Tintenfeder

Is there something in the range for you? (:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I honestly feel like what will happen is that language will default to 'they' for all genders. I don't really see xi/xir/xim or other variations catching on.

I still go by 'she' because I consider my gender female, but have considered if I'm angender or not just because I do experience discomfort over my sexual characteristics...but...sex does not equal gender....so I can still be 'she' even if I don't like my body parts? It's confusing...I think I am mostly indifferent as long as sexual connotations are left out of the  conversation. I still express very very feminine though , even if i don't feel the same as other females (sometimes i feel like an imposter) , and feel I have a feminine personality overall... I don't know, thought I would drop in and say hi here...I will probably hang out to see what I think about it.  I feel okay with girl , but I don't really like 'woman'.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, spazzticsoda said:

I honestly feel like what will happen is that language will default to 'they' for all genders. I don't really see xi/xir/xim or other variations catching on.

I still go by 'she' because I consider my gender female, but have considered if I'm angender or not just because I do experience discomfort over my sexual characteristics...but...sex does not equal gender....so I can still be 'she' even if I don't like my body parts? It's confusing...I think I am mostly indifferent as long as sexual connotations are left out of the  conversation. I still express very very feminine though , even if i don't feel the same as other females (sometimes i feel like an imposter) , and feel I have a feminine personality overall... I don't know, thought I would drop in and say hi here...I will probably hang out to see what I think about it.  I feel okay with girl , but I don't really like 'woman'.

Use whatever pronouns you feel most comfortable with, whether or not they align with your sex or gender. It is also definitely possible to be female and still not like certain sexual characteristics about your body. However you identify and whatever makes sense to you is completely valid.

• Like 1

hi @sasa

----

i turned it to bbc radio 6 music as i was feeling lazy to turn off music and amy lamé introduced her  show "good afternoon girls and boys and everyone in between". nice to hear that non-binary people being included.

• Like 2
Luftschlosseule

I like guys and gals and non-binary pals. <3

• Like 2
3 hours ago, iff said:

hi @sasa

----

i turned it to bbc radio 6 music as i was feeling lazy to turn off music and amy lamé introduced her  show "good afternoon girls and boys and everyone in between". nice to hear that non-binary people being included.

heyyy

i loVE IT WHEN PEOPLE NORMALIZE STUFF LIKE NON-BINARY GENDERS.

Thomas Sanders, for example adsnmns<3

1 hour ago, Luftschlosseule said:

I like guys and gals and non-binary pals. <3

wAS THAT A THOMAS SANDERS REFERENCE? HI

Luftschlosseule
14 hours ago, sasa said:

wAS THAT A THOMAS SANDERS REFERENCE? HI

Hi!
I don't know who that is. Why are you shouting?

9 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Hi!
I don't know who that is. Why are you shouting?

sorry, i got overexcited ://