A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Luftschlosseule

Hello! (:

I've got a question. Do you feel welcome? On AVEN as a whole, not just in this thread.
Since I know I am not cis, I don't anymore. It got better as I configurated what I see on the list of content postet since my last visit, but most days something pops up here or there. I am really only here because I have no other place to talk to non-binary people, otherwise I would have left shortly after I arrived.

Sage of Nemesis

Darn. Well, cake is cool too! 

I feel sort of shallowly welcomed? I haven't been around long enough to really tell over all. 

Scintillatriste

Uhh, hello, everyone. I think that I am agender and asexual. And, suddenly, after 25 years of not fitting in, this thread is exactly the place where I DO fit in, which now somehow feels even stranger to me than not fitting in. I'm not used to being around people like me and it's, like, whoa.

• Like 4
Scintillatriste

Thank you for the warm welcomes! 

By the way, I am a big fan of the Hulk, so I'm just extra in love with this thread. \m/

• Like 1

Hi everyone! :) um... I don't really know what to say... ._. I'm glad I found this thread. \o/ I'm agenderflux and yeah. 

On 16/2/2017 at 11:21 AM, Luftschlosseule said:

Hello! (:

I've got a question. Do you feel welcome? On AVEN as a whole, not just in this thread.
Since I know I am not cis, I don't anymore. It got better as I configurated what I see on the list of content postet since my last visit, but most days something pops up here or there. I am really only here because I have no other place to talk to non-binary people, otherwise I would have left shortly after I arrived.

To answer this, I don't really mind. I've just been wandering and looking some aro and gender related threads and so far I've found what I was looking for and just started to actually be active here, so until now, I feel comfortable and welcome here. Maybe time and more wandering here will give me another perspective, who knows. ._. 

• Like 3
On 16.2.2017 at 6:21 PM, Luftschlosseule said:

Hello! (:

I usually ignore (or try to) whatever anti-nb goes on on here. I mostly check the gender discussions or other identity threads and not much else.

I always like to recommend tumblr =) Made one close and one semi-close enby friend there. I mean, we met via fandom stuff but still.

• Like 1
On 16/2/2017 at 5:21 PM, Luftschlosseule said:

Hello! (:

i do feel welcome here but my favourite forum is just for fun and mostly it is the same people that i correspond with, people i really like on those threads.

though i do understand how off-putting those threads of people arguing against preferred pronoun use can be annoying. i hope it doesn't affect non-binary and trans users from joing aven as a whole because apart from that, i like aven a whole lot and it really has been for me a great forum to be open about myself, to be the person i am.

also welcome to @Emmmm23 and @Scintillatriste and other new people i have not welcomed previously :)

• Like 3

Welcome, new people! :cake:

On 2/16/2017 at 0:21 PM, Luftschlosseule said:

Yeah, or at least as much as I ever have or do anywhere -- which is to say, I don't feel unwelcome. Of course, I'm also generally pretty oblivious to things such as whether or not people like me or what the general mood is, so it could be that.

9 hours ago, Finn. said:

I always like to recommend tumblr =) Made one close and one semi-close enby friend there. I mean, we met via fandom stuff but still.

If you don't mind my asking, how does one actually interact on Tumblr? I have an account, but I came to the conlusion after a while that there really wasn't any way to talk to other people, so... I don't know. Maybe I missed something.

*heroically flies into the thread, but fails at the landing and falls on my face* 

..... um... hi. Yeah. I..... meant to do that. 

I'm April, and I'm agender! And I'm super excited to see that this thread exists, because I can't ever seem to find other agender people, so yay! XP 

• Like 4
Scintillatriste
On 2/16/2017 at 0:21 PM, Luftschlosseule said:

Hello! (:

Err, it's hard to say if I feel welcome... I think that I do feel welcome here, but that's probably because I'm brand new, so every post mentioning me has literally been welcoming me, haha. I am disappointed to hear (as @iff said) that there is some anti-nb stuff that gets posted here. To be honest, though, that's so common everywhere that I'm only very slightly surprised. My opinion will probably change once I stumble onto those threads myself, though... I guess, since I rarely feel welcome anywhere, the fact that AVEN is wholly welcome to at least part of my self is something that I am still getting used to.

Scintillatriste
1 hour ago, April_ONeil said:

*heroically flies into the thread, but fails at the landing and falls on my face* 

..... um... hi. Yeah. I..... meant to do that. 

I'm April, and I'm agender! And I'm super excited to see that this thread exists, because I can't ever seem to find other agender people, so yay! XP 

Hello! Let's be horribly klutzy superheroes together! 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Scintillatriste said:

Hello! Let's be horribly klutzy superheroes together! 

LET'S DO IT

epic_fail_gifs_spiderman_backflip_fail.g

• Like 3
Luftschlosseule

So we have April in february? Cool :D
Yes, I know April is a name, and it's a fine name, it's just... if you should happen to have birthday in april, I am the kind of person which will smile broadly.

Also, hello to everybody else!

Thanks for your answers. It was just this "is this side too inclusive" which got me, I think.
*puts chocolate in the thread to have something else than cake*

• Like 1

spoiler because off topic:

Spoiler

@Remmirath you can send asks on anon or off anon, you can reply to posts on your dash (with an xkit extension you can answer replies on your blog), and finally you can use the messenger! i use the messenger all the time. I made my close friend after shooting em an ask, and the other through a mutual friend. i also talk to others there who just messaged me at some point and we started talking and keep in touch now.

• Like 1
Alex the Queer

totally random but i love this thread so much. it's just so fricking cool seeing so many other agender people all in the same place, especially since a lot of the time it feels i'm mostly alone with this and we're barely existent 

• Like 6
Binary_fiction

Hello all \^^/

Is it to late to join the party? I want to share cake with my agender/non-binary folks but I don't know how to post a picture here. ._.

So instead I'll share the cake we already have in the forum! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

• Like 5
Luftschlosseule

Hello and have a very well unbirthday! Unless it's your birthday. Then you're allowed cake, too, so it doesn't matter.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Binary_fiction said:

Hello all \^^/

Is it to late to join the party? I want to share cake with my agender/non-binary folks but I don't know how to post a picture here. ._.

So instead I'll share the cake we already have in the forum! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

we're an all night party and all day siesta, and it is night and day somewhere always

wait no, i stole that from some song lyrics

• Like 3

welcome @CakeSpadeAce :)

i realise i got the song lyrics i posted wrong on monday

it's

all night fiesta

all day siesta

which makes sense as that rhymes.

• Like 2
KokoroDragon

Wow, it's been a long time since I logged on! It feels kinda weird saying this, seeing as I'm fairly new myself, but welcome to anyone new!

I hear you need food, so here you go!

Image result for pizzaImage result for crispsImage result for veggies 

That should tide you over for a while, right?

• Like 4
Luftschlosseule

You know when you wake up, have nothing urgent to do and resolve on checking mails and stuff instead of eating breakfast and such, and then someone has posted loads of food? I am regretting decisions here. xD

• Like 2