A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

KinoAugusta

Has anyone brought cake to the potluck yet?

recipe-image-legacy-id--364184_10.jpg?it

Oh my gosh! What a beauty!

I wish we could grow mangoes in a greenhouse! We can barely manage tomatoes where I live, and I don't really have a green thumb, so IRL mangoes must come from a store I'm afraid :P

• Like 1

I know this is totally unrelated, but does anyone use binders? Because I just got my first one ever and omg <3

Unrelated is not a problem, we do that all the time ;)

And yes, I usually wear a binder. They're awesome :) Just be careful with how long you wear it, and if it starts to hurt, take it off immediately. Sometimes if I've done something strenuous the day before, my binder can start hurting after as little as an hour into wearing it. If that happens, it sucks, but don't hesitate to take it off.

Speaking of unrelated: Dodec, I think I promised you this link a while ago: Dragon Egg Dice Bag

I don't have a binder but I want one. I came out to both my parents so hopefully I can order one now.

My coming out didn't go the best so I'm waiting it out until it seems like a better time to introduce wearing a binder to my parents, gotta play my cards right.

My mom always gets upset when it seems I've made a decision about my life without her, any ideas on how to ask for a binder without seeming like I've already made up my mind on wearing one (even though I have)?

Dodecahedron314

I can start wearing my binder again Saturday because I'll finally be out of my mom's house again, and I can't wait!

Ooh, that pattern looks really cool, Wayfarer! I may have to go ahead and make myself one of those once I accumulate enough dice that they won't fit in my Magic deck box anymore...

• Like 1

I know this is totally unrelated, but does anyone use binders? Because I just got my first one ever and omg <3

Oh my goodness YES. The first time I wore a binder, I took forever to get into it. But when I finally did, my mind went completely blank for a moment, and I just had to sit down. I hadn't realised how tense I was, but my muscles all just melted and I had to sit. Granted, this was a man day rather than a neutral or agender day for me, so the dysphoria was at its worst (I had gotten the binder a week before, but had not opened the package because I was scared).

What was I even scared of? It seems so nonsensical. Scared that I'd like it, I guess?

Human brains are weird.

• Like 1
Dodecahedron314

Oh my goodness YES. The first time I wore a binder, I took forever to get into it. But when I finally did, my mind went completely blank for a moment, and I just had to sit down. I hadn't realised how tense I was, but my muscles all just melted and I had to sit. Granted, this was a man day rather than a neutral or agender day for me, so the dysphoria was at its worst (I had gotten the binder a week before, but had not opened the package because I was scared).

What was I even scared of? It seems so nonsensical. Scared that I'd like it, I guess?

Human brains are weird.

I did something very similar--it came much earlier than I had expected, and right when I was about to leave my dorm for something, so I just ran it back to my room and left it on my desk for probably two weeks. I guess I just wasn't sure if I was ready, like there was some point of no return that I would be passing once I put it on. (I've kind of got the same sort of thing going on with T, as a matter of fact, but some effects of that really are irreversible, so...) I suppose maybe I was afraid that once I saw myself in it, not wearing it would be even harder than it already was. (I still wish there wasn't a health-imposed time limit >.<) Once I got it on, I was mostly just amazed that I managed not to get stuck like I'd heard was common...and then I looked in the mirror and had to suppress the urge to run through my dorm at 1am yelling "LOOK AT THE CHEST I NO LONGER HAVE!!!", because that would be both disruptive and really awkward, and settled for excitedly messaging my QPP instead so we could rejoice over binders together (and that's how I realized I had unintentionally ordered the exact same one as his). :) That was the first time I could remember being truly excited about how I looked in...I don't even know how long.
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Can I join??

After reading the opening topic, I decided I must list my qualifications.

1) Taught how to juggle, and attempt it often, but can't.
2) I am tall, generally speaking. (5'10")
3) I LOVE HATS
4) *peeks out from under table* I'm not hiding anymore.
5) And I didn't see if you ever came up with number 5.

So, does my application check out? :)

Actually, maybe I shouldn't join yet. Not til I'm completely sure I'm agender, that is. :)

Dodecahedron314

It's no matter, RB Louise--even if you're not sure, you're still welcome here! Seeing if there's anything here that you can relate to might be a good way to get a better idea of what you are or aren't--and even if you wind up having a gender after all, you'll still always have a sushi roll with your name on it here.

• Like 1

I keep reading this thread name as "Agendervengers Assemble" and it's so weird :lol:

Don't mind me, just a strange bigender passing through

Actually, maybe I shouldn't join yet. Not til I'm completely sure I'm agender, that is. :)

it's a nice chat thread so welcome in, rb louise :)

• Like 1

Is it weird that in my mind I keep thinking, "I can't be agender as well as being asexual and aromantic. I never got straight A's like that in school!"

• Like 1

Is it weird that in my mind I keep thinking, "I can't be agender as well as being asexual and aromantic. I never got straight A's like that in school!"

I guess it's never too late, right? ;)

• Like 1
HesitantAlien

Hey all! I'm new to the boards. I came out as Agender recently, changed my pronouns, and am so glad. I've known my whole life. I've never felt like either gender, but my family was so accepting of the fact that as a kid it never felt weird. It was only in adult life when pushed hard by people to fulfill a completely feminine persona that I would get very stressed. Luckily I now have a friend family, and of course my family, who doesn't do that and I am free to be me!

1) I once attempted to juggle. Several times actually. I didn't break anything. That seemed good to me!

2) I'm 5'9" which is sort of tall. I am taller than half my friends, but shorter than the other half. I once reached into a cat fight,took a cat by the scruff and carried it away from the fight while it tried to turn on me. Mostly because the cats were seriously in a battle to the death. Does that count as lion taming. By the way, never do that.

3) I am the Person of the Silly Hats. I have so many hats I love them so much!
4) Only on the New Moon.
5) I can wait patiently.

Glad to see this thread is still running after all these years. I sure do miss all my aven friends. Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Glad to see this thread is still running after all these years. I sure do miss all my aven friends. Hope everyone is doing well. :)

There have been some minor renovations, and ... um... modifications. Including comfy couches, automatic tea dispensers, and the odd removal of a pesky librarian ;)

• Like 1
HesitantAlien

I have a question you all might be able to help with. How important would it be to some of you to come out Agender on your FB account? My friends in town that I hang out with all the time know, my close family knows, I changed my gender and pronouns on my FB account, and my close friends who I talk with frequently from FB know. Only a few other people don't who I would like to. So I thought maybe I would just come out fully on my page. Then people will know to use the proper pronouns and everything will be in the open for those who I don't talk to as frequently?

Opinions?

I personally haven't come out as genderqueer on facebook, but I periodically do come out about being polyamorous and asexual (I do media requests for articles and interviews, so I post them on my facebook, thus the "periodic" bit about coming out).

Personally, it's not all that important to me to be out to everyone. I have my pronouns set to neutral on facebook as well, but I don't feel the need to talk about my gender. This is all a personal preference though; I admit that it can be a very convenient tool if you want to come out to everyone at once and are too busy or just don't want to talk to each person individually. It's completely your call.

I have my gender hidden on my Facebook. It is all about what you feel comfortable with.

I haven't used Facebook in forever, but when I used to use it the "environment" definitely wasn't one I'd like to come out in, but that's also due to the types of people that would see my status' and it didn't help that I was bullied everyday for years either. Personally I wouldn't announce it on Facebook, I would either tell them face to face or privately over messages or phone call. But if that's what you want to do then I say go for it.

• 2 weeks later...