A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Thanks guys, all went pretty well. My cold only sacrificed a few of the less important notes in my set so I think all and all everything was good :P

I completely mental blank when filling out forms. I had to do ONE today and it took me eight tries to finaly get it right *sigh*

I'd rather study hard for whatever subject I have to do than sit for fifteen minutes filling a form. It stresses me out. :wacko:

I still have to fill in a form to get the study grants...I just can't complete this sh*t. Everytime I see a form my brain is like "nope, I got enough of this BS! I'm out!"

I had a really funny dream last night. But the only thing I can remember is that I had to dress up as a woman in order to sneak through some kind of secret facility :lol:

I had a really funny dream last night. But the only thing I can remember is that I had to dress up as a woman in order to sneak through some kind of secret facility :lol:

At least that makes more sense than my dream last night. I was a cat trying to break into my singing teacher's house to play her piano and her dog kept barking at me.

ObsessedWithCats

I had another one of those dreams where I had to escape some kind of dire situation and I knew I'd had the dream before and it turned out OK that time but I couldn't get the events to go right again, and I couldn't figure out that: dream - > not real :/ I have way too many of those dreams, I reckon it's from playing the sims too much.

Lambda Corvus

I'd rather study hard for whatever subject I have to do than sit for fifteen minutes filling a form. It stresses me out. :wacko:

I still have to fill in a form to get the study grants...I just can't complete this sh*t. Everytime I see a form my brain is like "nope, I got enough of this BS! I'm out!"

Ugh! Forms. I fill them out, thinking they are complete, only to go back and add more information. And then I get nervous and lose sleep over whether or not my undergraduate education has failed me.

That would probably explain the dream I had when I finally fell asleep. What little I can remember of it had me being unemployed, not attending any graduate school, and extremely sad/pissed off.

Welcome to the new people!

And a hello to all my old friends in here. I have been super busy lately and have had little time to operate in the thread. As some of you already know, I'm horribly stressed right now. Maybe spending more time in here will help relieve some of that!

And a hello to all my old friends in here. I have been super busy lately and have had little time to operate in the thread. As some of you already know, I'm horribly stressed right now. Maybe spending more time in here will help relieve some of that!

Sorry to hear you are having stress ):

Speakig of old friends, does anyone know what has happened to Po* ?

Sooo, I'm on TV today (for some asexual visibility work I did on Thursday in Milan) and I just got my first recommendation letter to apply to my chosen university. Guess which one excites the hell out of me and which one I really don't care so much about? 8)

I would guess it's the recommendation letter...but maybe it's easy to get so it would be the TV show...hmmm... I just guess it's the recommendation :P

...well, but one isn't in TV every day so that must be exciting too xD I don't know

Last I heard pojo was moving to calgary. I haven't heard since. :( Ohh pojaytoooooo where art thouuuu

Sigh, I currently feel really down :(

I had to do something for my math course and I just realized how bad my math skills currently are...

And to make things worse I already did this stuff a year before (I was at university -just that you don't think I failed the course once or something :P )

Still waiting for some lightbulb lighting up over my head :P

EDIT: But what makes me happy is that this week my neu RAM-stick will arrive and also my asexy pride buttons will arrive as well :3

Last I heard pojo was moving to calgary. I haven't heard since. :( Ohh pojaytoooooo where art thouuuu

Oh, I hope everything is ok :o

Oooh, we want pics (well, I do) Tom! :D

Yes, it's the recommendation letter. I've seen myself on TV but I'm really not crazy about that. I'm not famous in the slightest but I still wonder what people get from appearing on the screen. It didn't really phase me.

I'm right here with you :D

Pics of what? The buttons or my lightbulb lighting up? (I'm serious, I don't know :P )

Thank you all for your very warm welcoming words! This really brightens up my (pretty bad) day.

Hello there!

I've begun to think I might be agender too. I'm biologically female, but I wouldn't really call myself "female" much. Male neither, really... It's confusing me. :blink:

Idk, I hate dresses and cute clothing and shirts with too much of a cleavage, I feel really uncomfortable in it. I prefer (fandom) shirts or generally clothing which is comfy more than "fashionable".

Sometimes I was thinking if it wasn't better if I was male, but I don't feel too comfortable with that either (besides the advantages you may have in life over females). I do have long hair though, but because I like long hair and not because it is "female". There are guys with super long hair too! *coughmetalheadscough*

So yeah, I guess I'm still being a bit confused, but as of right now, I'd go with that term. What do you guys think?

And oh. This thread makes me hungry.

If you do not feel male and you do not feel female, then yes, agender may be a term you could use to describe who you are. Remember, gender is all about what is in your mind, not physical attributes or behaviours. Society likes to describe certain actions and behaviors as being either inherently male or inherently female. This is a rather poor way to think of gender; it excludes people who have no gender and people who do what they want because they are more comfortable that way.

Preferring comfortable clothing, rather than what is arbitrarily deemed fashionable, is part of you. Preferring to have long hair is part of you. These preferences do not need to be informed by gender or sex -- they are just you. Yes, you could be agender, but only you can decide that.

Indeed. Society constantly tells us that being a certain is female or male, but I would just never feel really accepted in either one. Actually right now, I'd feel surprisingly comfortable - being neither female or male. Kinda takes a bit of weight off my chest.

Hello there!

I've begun to think I might be agender too. I'm biologically female, but I wouldn't really call myself "female" much. Male neither, really... It's confusing me. :blink:

Idk, I hate dresses and cute clothing and shirts with too much of a cleavage, I feel really uncomfortable in it. I prefer (fandom) shirts or generally clothing which is comfy more than "fashionable".

Sometimes I was thinking if it wasn't better if I was male, but I don't feel too comfortable with that either (besides the advantages you may have in life over females). I do have long hair though, but because I like long hair and not because it is "female". There are guys with super long hair too! *coughmetalheadscough*

So yeah, I guess I'm still being a bit confused, but as of right now, I'd go with that term. What do you guys think?

And oh. This thread makes me hungry.

Hi again mania,

Ok, say your body was destroyed but your brain was saved and was hooked up to a computer, so you survived but didn't have a body.

Would you still consider yourself to be female, or would you just consider yourself to be you?

Uh, no, I wouldn't be female. But well, if it was my brain, my personality would be saved, right? So I guess I would be me... where are you going with this?

About the university stuff... It's slowly getting 1am, I'm sitting here and I'm desperately trying to concentrate (I'm failing of course) and translate that japanese text with way to many pages which we need tomorrow and *sigh* I wish I could quite right now.

I'll just watch another episode of Skins and procrastinate as much as possible... <_<

Lambda Corvus

I have two exams tomorrow: a big Networks mid-term (which is actually 80% of the total course material), and an oral continuation of a two-day Chinese test. Tonight will be a glorious cup-of-coffee-and-textbook night. So much fun!

the bumbling rotifer
Uh, no, I wouldn't be female. But well, if it was my brain, my personality would be saved, right? So I guess I would be me... where are you going with this?

I just thought it might be a useful insight into how your perceive your gender. It is for me. If you took away my body, I would no longer perceive myself female in any way. Someone who was of female gender would still be female, even without a body.

If you took away my body, I would no longer perceive myself female in any way.

Yessss, this this this. I've always found my physical sex to be entirely irrelevant to me on any conscious level (my personality, my character). If it were to change, or go away altogether, I'd feel just like I do now, at least in my brain.

Lambda Corvus

Yessss, this this this. I've always found my physical sex to be entirely irrelevant to me on any conscious level (my personality, my character). If it were to change, or go away altogether, I'd feel just like I do now, at least in my brain.

I would be okay with the removal of my body, so long as my consciousness is preserved and unaffected. I like the science fiction scenario of being an artificially intelligent quantum computer, able to move about freely in some fashion, either physically or through some sort of sophisticated telepresence. My primary motivation for this would be so I can perform scientific research for the indefinite future. I would still lecture students, still go to work, still maintain a residence, and still attempt to prepare meals. I would remain as human as I am now, but without a traditional physical body (and with backup copies). This sort of existence fascinates me and is the stuff of my most lucid dreams.

I would be okay with the removal of my body, so long as my consciousness is preserved and unaffected. I like the science fiction scenario of being an artificially intelligent quantum computer, able to move about freely in some fashion, either physically or through some sort of sophisticated telepresence. My primary motivation for this would be so I can perform scientific research for the indefinite future. I would still lecture students, still go to work, still maintain a residence, and still attempt to prepare meals. I would remain as human as I am now, but without a traditional physical body (and with backup copies). This sort of existence fascinates me and is the stuff of my most lucid dreams.

I've wondered about this... if I could back my brain up to a computer someday... what would my consciousness be? What would my awareness be anymore? Would I wake up as the machine the way I wake up as a human every morning? Or would "this" me cease to exist when it dies and a precise copy continue to mimic my existence?

Lambda Corvus

I've wondered about this... if I could back my brain up to a computer someday... what would my consciousness be? What would my awareness be anymore? Would I wake up as the machine the way I wake up as a human every morning? Or would "this" me cease to exist when it dies and a precise copy continue to mimic my existence?

Perhaps it would be like Professor Binns from Harry Potter. You just fall asleep one day and wake up to continue on as usual. I would like to have knowledge that such a transformation has taken place, though I wouldn't like multiple AlGorithms running around (just one is enough, thanks).

Actually, I would prefer to have a built-in mechanism to activate one of the copies in the event that the primary copy becomes damaged and non-operational. This necessitates backups and syncs at regular intervals. In the words of Lisp programming, the Read-Eval-Print-Loops of the backup copies would be suspended until they are needed.

Back in the PDP-11 days of computing, the operator could interface with the machine through a front panel. This panel usually contained a "DMA Request" switch, which would divert the processor away from executing the current instruction and allow the operator to manually enter data. I wonder what would happen if a computerised personality threw its own DMA Request switch.

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THIS TOPIC. It's a mild obsession... My career goals are actually to join the Human Brain Project, which is working to simulate an ENTIRE human brain in a supercomputer.

Another interesting thought is has this already happened? Were we born into a digital world, like the matrix? Since the Planck length is a thing, it suggests that the universe itself is digital, rather than analog, which to me suggests that the universe is a computer simulation.

But I would LOVE to be a computerized conciousness, because you would be immortal (as long as the computer is reliable, which is totally possible), and not limited by your body. You could simulate hormones and such if you wanted, but you would have more control over your own conciousness.

ObsessedWithCats

I've never played real Pokémon (I only really discovered it recently, and it's too expensive), but I play Pokémon deluge. Its Pokémon with massive emphasis on catching them all and not much story of any sort.

Lambda Corvus

Hey. Shush.

Come on, you know you want to see your laptop wear a Captain America suit. :D (...If you have a laptop, that is.)

Subject change - how many of you here like Pokémon?

I think you know my answer. It's convenient this thread turned towards Pokémon, as it fits right in with my planned post this morning.

Does anyone else have a thing where they wake up after a night's sleep and a musical arrangement of some sort is playing in their head? This happens to me quite a bit, though this morning's music was special. I awoke to the awesome sound of Champion Lance's theme (version from Pokémon HG/SS)! I also learned that a package containing one 3DS XL, one clear case for said device, and one copy of Pokémon X is due to be arriving today. Yep, today will be a good day!

I know that I could search for it on the internet, but I want to communicate :P

Is the pixel count/resolution of the 3DS XL the same as that from the normal version?

Lambda Corvus

Unfortunately, the pixel count of the XL is the same as the normal version. I would think that a larger screen generally implies greater pixel count, though I would be wrong. I bought the XL for the increased size (my hands), the larger screens, and the extremely pretty print that is on it.

Ugh! The wait for the postal person is seriously motivating me to finish an online graduate school application and grade some papers.

I played a couple pokemons before but then i stopped cause they new pokemon were bothering me. Then I bought pokemon Y.