A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Luftschlosseule

Huhu!

I am asking myself if I ever filled out that form. I think I just appeared and hoped it would work out fine. Just assemble, you know?

• Like 1

me too :D

Luftschlosseule

But I want to learn to juggle. I am told it's fairly easy and if you start out in earnest, you can do it in one evening so you have the groundworks manageable.

Luftschlosseule

Guys, guys!
Currently they're adapting Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman to a TV series and now Neil said that Pollution of the apocalyptic horsemen is agender! Look!

Not a role model as such, but awesome nonetheless!

• Like 3

Well that's hella rad! Pollution always was my fave horseperson. 

Luftschlosseule

I dunno, "apocalyptic horsemen" sounds like the name of the gang, feels non-gendered, but... not my native language.  : 'D

Good Omens is one of my favorite books. I didn't even know that they were making it into a TV series, but I have to see that! And having an agender character (even if it's Pollution)? That's so much more than I could have hoped for. This actually made my day so much better.

Hello!

Are questioning individuals welcome as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm agender since 5 minutes ago. And now I'm like "what do I do with this?" It feels like I need to take advantage of this somehow but in the end... there's nothing to do =)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new. Just found this forum a few days ago. I'm pretty neutral most of the time and have no preference for pronouns. I once told my friends they could call me the grand high mushroom for all I cared. Most people use female pronouns since that's my physical gender, but I really don't mind. I'm demi(-hetero? I think?)sexual. Still working on the romantic side, but right now I'm thinking potentially panromantic? So far has only been men but who knows?

I have not read Good Omens yet. I've been planning to start reading both authors and have not quite got around to it yet. I read a very early Pratchett years ago, with a sort of proto-discworld. I forget the name, sadly. One day I will find it again.

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

Welcome! (:
And sadly, it seems it will take till 2019 till we get Good Omens as series, so you'll have enough time to read the book beforehand. It's really fun! (:

hellooooo everyone! :D

my name's Leah, i've been on AVEN for a couple years now but only started id'ing as genderflux prettttty recently, though i've questioned for a while! i'm AFAB and while there are times that i feel fem, most of the time i don't feel a real connection with gender at all. it's like when i try to reach for a gender, there's nothing there. so that... fits under "agender", i'm pretty sure. right...?

at least i think it does lol. so i thought i'd pop into this thread and say hi! *waves*

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

Welcome! (:

Andiamo, when said Shakespeare let the sky rain potatoes? In which play? Or in a sonnet?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Welcome! (:

Andiamo, when said Shakespeare let the sky rain potatoes? In which play? Or in a sonnet?

It's a quote from The Merry Wives of Windsor. You're the first one to comment on it. :D

Luftschlosseule
18 hours ago, Andiamo said:

It's a quote from The Merry Wives of Windsor. You're the first one to comment on it. :D

Why? It's an invitation to ask!
That explains it, it's got to be about the only play I haven't read yet. So I know now what to do next year.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Why? It's an invitation to ask!
That explains it, it's got to be about the only play I haven't read yet. So I know now what to do next year.

Haha, it really is. I had just realized that my signature was a little too serious.

It's a great play! I actually wrote an essay on it last semester, despite the fact that we didn't read it in that class.

On 22/12/2017 at 10:23 AM, Luftschlosseule said:

Welcome! (:

How strange. I've never read that one, but at Thanksgiving used Javascript to make it rain roast potatoes on my website.

• Like 1
YuriAmethyst

Hi 

I’m quite new to the forums and it’s nice to see that there are some people who are trans/ Agender  from Germany or even Europe I thought I might be the only one 

I am just discovering my gender identity and it is great to see that I’m not alone 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, YuriAmethyst said:

Hi 

I’m quite new to the forums and it’s nice to see that there are some people who are trans/ Agender  from Germany or even Europe I thought I might be the only one 

I am just discovering my gender identity and it is great to see that I’m not alone 

Hi and welcome!

I'm from the Netherlands, not Germany, myself, but can really understand where you're coming from :)

You're not alone, and there are always people around here to talk and ask questions to!

Talking of coming from another country, how do you deal with pronouns in German/a language without gender neutral pronouns? I've talked about that the last few days with a friend, but we haven't found a solution. Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, Tintenfeder said:

Talking of coming from another country, how do you deal with pronouns in German/a language without gender neutral pronouns? I've talked about that the last few days with a friend, but we haven't found a solution. Any thoughts?

I don't know about German, but I have this problem with Spanish. I'm taking the class this coming semester, so I don't know exactly what will happen, but I did email a bit with the teacher. For Spanish specifically she suggested using no pronouns (just my name) and the "neutral" form of things (it's kind of more masculine than neutral, but that doesn't bother me too much).

9 hours ago, Tintenfeder said:

I usually default back to the masculine form since this is the more neutral one, generally. But of course, I don't know if you're/whoever is comfortable with that. And I talked with my best friend about it, so she uses pronouns less and more often my name instead.