A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

On 11-4-2017 at 0:54 AM, Heart said:

Psh. If I had a superpower, I'd totally use it to clean. I'm a pacifist; I would never be a good fighter :P

Can i hire you then? :D

If i had a superpower, I'd be a good looking android with the power of shapeshifting and the ability to fly so i won't have to pay for plane tickets all the time

*slides in*

'eeeeeey! we have our lil' space?? nifty! Hi, everyone. D

For Superpowers / Supernatural i am usually a cyborg or a fairy. -^^-

• Like 2
Luftschlosseule

So we have somebody for every casuality. Ha. >D

Good to know.

*leaves cocoa*

• Like 1

I don't know what changed, but my friends started using my pronouns when we were hanging out tonight. A lot. To the point where one of them stuck a "They/Them" pronouns sticker on my back while I wasn't paying attention (yeah, we have those. That's another really cool thing). It made me a little nervous because I didn't know all of the people there, but no one commented on it. It was actually pretty cool.

• Like 3

*pokes my head in to say (publically) for the first time that I count myself as genderless... or agender... (yay at failing with words). And now I'm going to run away and hide for a bit :P 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, Ricchan said:

*pokes my head in to say (publically) for the first time that I count myself as genderless... or agender... (yay at failing with words). And now I'm going to run away and hide for a bit :P 

Yay!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!  :cake: being Agender is the coolest thing ever! Agender stands for awesomeness too :D   

It does seem pretty awesome! :o 

I'm still figuring things out... I think it's a slow progress because I am more secretive than a file that has "TOP SECRET" stamped on it :P 

• Like 2
Just now, Ricchan said:

It does seem pretty awesome! :o 

I'm still figuring things out... I think it's a slow progress because I am more secretive than a file that has "TOP SECRET" stamped on it :P 

Yay welcome! Cake?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Philbo Penten said:

Yay welcome! Cake?

Always cake!! :lol: 

• Like 3

welcome :)

could we interest you in a sushi cake?

58b1a411061910cbba1ea47cfb691cbf.jpg

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, iff said:

welcome :)

could we interest you in a sushi cake?

58b1a411061910cbba1ea47cfb691cbf.jpg

I can honestly say, that is not something I thought I would ever see xD

• Like 6
ChillaKilla
1 hour ago, Ricchan said:

I can honestly say, that is not something I thought I would ever see xD

*apple commercial voice

"AVEN: There's a cake for that!"

• Like 6

*emerges after a couple of years of inactivity on AVEN*

he-hello? I'm agender, what snacks have you got?

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Donatsu said:

*emerges after a couple of years of inactivity on AVEN*

he-hello? I'm agender, what snacks have you got?

Welcome :cake:  We have tons of snacks to offer!

nutty-bar-1.jpg

That sushi cake looks interesting :D

6 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Welcome :cake:  We have tons of snacks to offer!

nutty-bar-1.jpg

That sushi cake looks interesting :D

Ooh yeah I saw that sushi cake!

Traditionally sushi is meant to be designed to be eaten in one bite - I'd like to see someone try with that monster haha :lol:

• Like 3
Luftschlosseule

Uargh. Fish and strawberry? >.<

Who would do that?

*leaves another pot of cocoa since the first one went down so well*

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Uargh. Fish and strawberry? >.<

Who would do that?

*leaves another pot of cocoa since the first one went down so well*

I guess people love strange combos? 

*Grabs cocoa* MINE!!  *Insert weird laugh here*

Binary_fiction

That sushi cakes looks so delicious >.<

• Like 1
LuckofTheChuck
On 2/13/2013 at 1:58 AM, The Pofessional said:

Please don't kill me for the stupid title, I needed a snazzy pun

Okay, so Renaldo has convinced me that we agender and genderless AVENites should have our own little nook. I know there's at least ten of us out there. Somewhere. Basically, we thought it would be awesome to have a group to hang out with and post silly graphics and commiserate and maybe even have silly hat days in TinyChat or baking contests, or whatever else we can dream up at a later date.

Honestly, I have no idea how this is going to go. So-o-o, join us? I have snacks? :^>

chips.gif

(Renaldo, it might just be the two of us making stupid jokes)

[EDIT:] Apparently we have some very high qualifications you must fulfill if you want to join us:

1) Must be able to juggle, or must be able to attempt juggling

2) Must be tall. If you are not tall, you must be short. If lacking in either qualification, must perform a feat of daring (ie. lion taming)

3) Must be willing to don silly hats.

4) No hiding!

5) We'll come up with 5 later.

[EDIT AGAIN:] Find our TinyChat room at http://tinychat.com/renaldoo. We're, ah, still in the process of cleaning it up >__> A password will be added soon. We're reworking this. Stand by.

UPDATE: We're now doing weekly activity and photo challenges until we run out of ideas. I usually try to make sure there's two options in case one doesn't work for you. Feel free to complete an old one, if you'd like.

Week 1's challenge was "take a picture of yourself, or draw a picture of yourself riding a unicorn".

Week 2's challenge was "make something out of the materials around you".

Week 3's challenge is "go outside on a short walk, and take pictures of three random things (you don't need to be in them) that you see on your trip. Or take a picture of your fridge"

Week 4's challenge is to put a sticker or something and take a picture of it.

Is there any nook for people who are neutrois?

• Like 2

@Glen - Neutrois people are welcome here, too! 

• Like 1
LuckofTheChuck

That sushi cake looks pretty good!!!

• Like 1

Um, Hi!! Can you guys explain to me "agender" and "transgender"? Oh and "neutrois" (infact how do you even pronounce neutrois). I just came across this site today and am still trying to figure it all out...

1 hour ago, MommaP said:

Um, Hi!! Can you guys explain to me "agender" and "transgender"? Oh and "neutrois" (infact how do you even pronounce neutrois). I just came across this site today and am still trying to figure it all out...

Hi and welcome mommaP

This is a really good post on definitions.

On pronouncing neutrosis, pronunciation is a weakness of me but I guess to put it phonetically is

New-throw-sis

• Like 1
ChillaKilla
4 hours ago, iff said:

On pronouncing neutrosis, pronunciation is a weakness of me but I guess to put it phonetically is

New-throw-sis

Actually it's neutrois. French pronunciation "new-twah" @MommaP

• Like 3
7 hours ago, MommaP said:

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Transgender or trans is used either to specifically mean identifying with the binary gender that is not the one a person was assigned at birth (for example, being assigned female at birth but identifying as male), or generally, as an umbrella term, not identifying with the sex a person was assigned at birth (for example, identifying as agender). Transgender is the opposite of cisgender, which means having a gender identity that agrees with the sex a person was assigned at birth (like being assigned male at birth and identifying as male).

Agender falls under the trans umbrella under the second definition I gave. Basically, what it means is not identifying with any gender. The ways in which people come to identify as agender varies from person to person, just like with any other identity. For me, I began identifying as agender when I realized that I was completely uncomfortable with being referred to as female and with hearing she/her pronouns used for me. There is a lot more to it than that for me, too, but this would get way too long if I got really specific. 

@ChillaKilla already explained how to pronounce neutrois, so I won't do that. As for what it means, though, again it is a gender identity that falls under the trans umbrella under the second definition, and again it varies from person to person. In general, though, it means having a neutral gender identity. Someone who is neutrois could do a better and more specific job of explaining it than I can, though.

I hope this helps! Enjoy the forums!

• Like 2