?romantic / "independentromantic"

& I'm a heretic

& I'm a heretic

I've never had an interest or desire for sex. I realized that in like 5th grade. I've had trouble with my sexual orientation and then I came across asexuality. First I just heard the term and didn't know what it was so I looked it up and found the definition. I later came across AVEN and looked around a little and thought it might apply to me. A couple months ago I researched it more and it started to make sense. I identify as asexual now. I came out to my best friend who was very accepting and my ex-boyfriend who doesn't really get it. Now I've started dating another guy and in realizing I have to come out to him soon came to AVEN to research more. [it seems like there's always more to learn about asexuality.] After thinking about this stuff I realize I can't identify my romantic orientation.

I have only been in relationships with males (opposite sex), but I've had crushes on females before. I have physical (nonsexual)/aesthetic attraction to females, but not as much as I do too males. I also find other gender identities to be interesting (I love learning about sex and gender identities). I'm not quite sure how to identify my romantic orientation. Does this make sense to anyone else? I kind of thought of it like political parties- there's Democratic and Republican and then there's Independent. I feel like I'm in the "independent" spectrum of romantic identity. Kind of non-binary I guess. Is there name for this?

Ace-of-Blades

Identity, terminology, orientations... it's a lot to get your head around. Believe me! You'll get used to it, until then, wing it :P

I'm a bit different too. I'm Asexual first and foremost, as I don't usually feel arousal, or sexual attraction for others regardless of gender. I also identify as Demisexual because I am incapable of developing any level of sexual desire or arousal for anyone I'm not deeply and emotionally connected to.

I'm also bi-romantic meaning, I can sustain romantic relationships with both men and woman, though I find it easier to enter into a sexual relationship with men.

If all else fails, just use the all inclusive term "queer" "P

Notte stellata

Panromantic may be the term you're looking for, since you seem to be capable of being attracted to any gender.

& I'm a heretic

Panromantic may be the term you're looking for, since you seem to be capable of being attracted to any gender.

I kind of thought about panromantic, it's probably the closest.

Purnkin Spurce

I would say bi-romantic or panromantic. I know that bisexual people or any kind are attracted to both genders (sexually or not) and might often be more into one gender then the other. I'm still trying to pin point mine as well.

Janus the Fox

As common etiquette from comments, try not to label others or suggest it. It is for the OP to decide only.

I relate a little... though I can't identify romantic feelings within any gender, I do have varying levels of aesthetic attraction for both or even all genders. This way, I do keep very broad "Bi" term, without suffix. as well as the Aromantic Asexuality I do identify with for the moment, the Bi term is an all inclusive term to allow some flexibility for when things change.

& I'm a heretic

As common etiquette from comments, try not to label others or suggest it. It is for the OP to decide only.I relate a little... though I can't identify romantic feelings within any gender, I do have varying levels of aesthetic attraction for both or even all genders. This way, I do keep very broad "Bi" term, without suffix. as well as the Aromantic Asexuality I do identify with for the moment, the Bi term is an all inclusive term to allow some flexibility for when things change.

Thank you for the first comment. I'm not taking it as they're trying to label me though. After all, I'm kind of asking for that, but I really appreciate you pointing out that my identity is under my control. Everyone on AVEN is so nice and understanding and helpful! Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Archived