Oldies fun thread

test account

No, let's not bother with a title  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Why does there have to be a question?

• I'm only filling this in because I like polls
    • This poll sucks
    • Dysphoria is my middle name
    • Why is this even in Older Asexuals?
    • Oops, I just read the explanation. Sorry.
    • Actually I can see the funny side of this
    • But I still don't approve
    • Would the mods please remove this poll and thread topic?
    • No, just the poll would be fine
    • HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
    • This poll bothers me
    • I still can't find an answer I want to choose
    • Can we please have some kittens now?
    • I just ate a kitten
    • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  2. 2. Oh look, we can add another question!

• But this time you must choose only ONE answer because I control this poll!
    • Okay then I'll choose this one.

I have had cats and Christmas trees at the same time. Oh noes. :o

This is not my cat, but you get the idea:

the damnit at the end from the person recording it :D

The fact that the person recording it didn't see the fall coming...er der... :blink: :D

Autumn Sunrise

Or perhaps they just wanted some interesting footage :D ( . . . and were prepared to pay the price!)

:D Love it, Tan! We had our tree in a tree stand, and one of our cats used it as a new and exciting water bowl! :O Lucky we don't have a dog, or that 'water' would be very special! :D

i can confirm that dogs think christmas trees are for their benefit ;)

or just knock it down with their tails. its the reason with our new dog, we didn't have a christmas tree indoor but lighted up one of the outside trees.

My brothers dog, Totty, used to have a fierce rivalry with their Christmas tree. She's a Jack Russell, full of energy, and she started to be a lot more wary when they put lights on the tree. She'd bark and get growly. She's now well behaved, almost waved the white flag when it comes to the tree, and for a guy who isn't dogcentirc (they hate my guts. I have OCD issues.) I have quite a lot affection for Tottykins. :wub: I still miss my beloved Gecko. My brother got me a commission for Christmas from my favourite artist and he had Gerty included in the picture. I cried on Christmas morning. But Totty was brought round to spend the day and I was all over her. I haven't stroked a dog for about twenty years but Totty was my Gerty surrogate and I think she appreciated the constant attention.

And the smaller, less light-aggressive Christmas tree. ^_^

Autumn Sunrise

Sounds like your Christmas was pretty special, Dex, and your brother - what a wonderful idea for a gift :wub:

Seeing all you old people with such a ridiculous thread makes me now think of you all as a bunch of geriatrics that sneak out of the nursing home late at night to do burnouts and stuff.

Who are you calling old???

Seeing all you old people with such a ridiculous thread makes me now think of you all as a bunch of geriatrics that sneak out of the nursing home late at night to do burnouts and stuff.

Listen, you young whipper snapper! I'll have you know that this thread is something that you young 'uns just wouldn't understand, what with all your ipots and Fadebooks. When we were kids, we didn't have books, we had kindles......and........we........I.I...................neeed....to.....lie.down. Tired. Matron!!!.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Autumn Sunrise

Kulukan, you have no idea what we "geriatrics" are capable of. Nursing home? no way! :P :D :lol:

Many years ago, my mother had an ornament which played a realistic birdsong. Our dog would walk around the tree for hours, trying to find the bird. :)

My grandmother loved feeding the pigeons in her neighbourhood, and used to throw food onto the back lawn for them. Her persian cat loved sitting in the sun on the back lawn, but she was so well-fed that she would just lie there while the pigeons ate the bread around her. :D 'Twas a very funny sight!

Autumn Sunrise

Also very funny: while she was feeding the pigeons in the back yard, your grandfather was installing rows of pigeon-deterring spikes around the top of the front verandah, to deter the pigeons from roosting up there and sh---ing on the verandah :P

My dogs love to go chasing pigeons in the park - never catch anything, thank goodness. They'll turn round and look at me as if to say 'Why didn't itlet me catch it?????'

Autumn Sunrise

Random notification: 300th post coming up . . . NOW :)

This is my brother, Adam (the really awesome, tremendous and fantastic brother ) with Totty the dog. He's allergic to her, he's seemingly allergic to everything with four legs and hair, and she always jumps up at him. It's as if she knows. She was wild when she was a puppy and he really did not take to her. "That bloody dog", and worse, were regularly rolling off his tongue, and then, then came Christmas. And this is the end result.

And he's huge! :wacko:
He will probably get all "Hey, why did you do that!" but he does it to me on Facebook all the time, so there. :P

042_zps6f59f243.jpg

Autumn Sunrise

Hi Dex, it's great to see your brother that I've heard so much about - he looks like a really nice guy :)

And Totty is very cute!

@ Dex - that is classic - the look on your brother's face :D he is barely tolerating Totty, while she looks ecstatically content! Bahahaha :D

@ Sunrise - hang on, you reached your 300th post and your 70th birthday in the same week? Wow, that's some exciting week! :D Happy birthday mum :P :D

@Autumn Sunrise: He's the best. He truly is, and a 100% life saver, too. I posted a photo of him a few years back, elsewhere, and he always says he's shy. But secretly, I know he loves it. ^_^

@cats.: Actually, he quite enjoyed her just sitting there. Usually he pushes her away and stiffens up as if ready to pass out due to shock, but she just hopped up on his lap and he didn't bat an eye lid. I reached for my camera, an ever-present on the 25th, and waited for some sort of head shake or other No acknowledgment. It never came. What did come was his anger at me (in his own words) "buggering around and waiting for easter." :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Always wait for Easter. Just to piss people off.

But anyway,. that is an amazing pic. They both look content! You must have had the perfect timing skill down pat.

Why are we waiting for Easter? The Hot Cross buns came out in the shops just after New Year's day. We didn't wait. :P

So im not sure why we are waiting for Easter. It made sense then. Just not now anymore.

Maybe cuz its warm?

Autumn Sunrise

What's all this "wait for Easter" nonsense? Hot cross buns are just nice food - I'll eat them any time :P :D

(It's just the Easter eggs/bunnies, way before Lent even starts, that I can't stand - grr!)

It's a bad time of year. Christmas and easter are too religious for an atheist like me, and as an aromantic the less said about valentines day the better. Even worse it's all sweets and cakes and I'm diabetic. Roll on summer and 6 months before Halloween

I don't care about the actual holiday. Other than it's chocolate time and I can decapitate bunnies with great joy. Nowadays, it means I get 4 days off work in a ROW!! Exciting prospect even though I am pretty damn sure I'm not going to be doing anything exciting.

Autumn Sunrise

FOUR DAYS OFF . . . I'm sure you'll think of something :P :D

Archived