25 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly

Kelly

Phantom Poster

• Administrators
  • 36,148 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Join the team!

Moist (qqaazza) is stepping down as the ruler of Qqaazzakhstan. JFF and Open Mic will need a new overlord.

If you think you would be interested in being a moderator for the Just For Fun and Open Mic fora, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just For Fun or Welcome Lounge fora. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

This is the timeline for this election:

Wednesday, 2 January 2013 to Wednesday, 9 January 2013: Nominations.

Wednesday, 9 January 2013 to Sunday, 13 January 2013: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 13 January 2013 to Sunday, 20 January 2013: Voting!

Potential candidates will need to submit a brief bio to me that will be included in the election thread before the voting begins.

Good luck!

PS. Keep in mind that deciding to run means running for both forums, not just one of them.

Quotes from the TV show NUMB3RS
Sometimes cake is a series of algorithms to formulate an analysis. And sometimes cake is just...cake - Professor Charlie Eppes
Is this about the cake problem? What's the matter with you mathematicians, cake is never a problem. - Professor Lazlo

#2 CBC.Radio.Girl

CBC.Radio.Girl

Resident batshit crazy tea addict.

• AVEN Members
  • 14,334 posts
  • Location:Getting snuggled by a straitjacket in a padded room.
  • A/Sexuality:Bi/pan/whatever-romantic and not a very sexual person.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Bah, why am I always so tempted to run... :P

*notes that this is not me saying I'm running* (At least not at the moment... JFF and Open Mic do seem a little more like my ideal forums than some of the others I've considered running for... hrmm. :ph34r:)
you always know just who you are
you never needed someone else
to realise yourself

Posted Image

#3 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,296 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Polyamorous hetero A

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Weird. I somehow knew qaz would be stepping down (just a sense I had... Or something), yet... I'm still surprised.

PS: The election timeline for Nominations and the Q&A period says December 9th, 2013.

For cars she couldn't care less. Fastidious and precise-Queen.  

"Without death all we have are random events, accumlation. You can't call that life"-CC.

Also known as: 5DC, 5, DC, DCC, Diamond(s), Club(s), CC, C2, CCCD, CD, CoD, 5d, 5oD, Clubsie, Clubbles.

Call me Cookie and you die-Me paraphrasing Dot somewhat.

#4 Kelly

Kelly

Phantom Poster

• Administrators
  • 36,148 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Thanks

*fixes*

Sometimes cake is a series of algorithms to formulate an analysis. And sometimes cake is just...cake - Professor Charlie Eppes
Is this about the cake problem? What's the matter with you mathematicians, cake is never a problem. - Professor Lazlo

#5 qqaazzaA

qqaazzaA

Emperor of the Qqaazzian Empire

• AVEN Members
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Good luck everybody who runs!

Tea was here
Also thank our Tech Admin here 

#6 Tanwen

Tanwen

Phantom Poster

• Moderators
  • 35,756 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Good Luck from me too especially during the Q&A period; that's a tough time.

"You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about." - Muhammad Ali

"I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice"  - Abraham Lincoln

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."  G. K. Chesterton

#7 PerfectlyDarkTails

PerfectlyDarkTails

At Least I'm Still Perfect...

• AVEN Members
  • 5,563 posts
  • Pronouns:He - They/Them
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual - Bi & Fetishist

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I would absolutely run again... This is hopefully third time the charm... This one will also be a slower pace moderating with additional chat moderating.

I'll throw in my Robe of Humour... Should make the wearer seem funnier... :D

Bios away...

#8 Kiryu

Kiryu

Muwahaha!!~

• AVEN Members
  • 964 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Heterosexual

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

please keep in mind that you need to be a member for at least 6 months on AVEN and have 100 posts outside of Just For Fun and Welcome Lounge.

(I hate this new quoting system, i'm just gonna say it right now.)

If i've fit the recommendations this time, then sure i'll throw my name in the hat. :P

As i myself can't really tell how many posts i've made outside of those two areas (can someone show me btw so i know), last time i couldn't find it either. How can you tell? Then i take it only mods and admods that can check post logs. Although, for future reference we should be able to check our own, so i don't post here (like i did before) and say i'd love to run for mod when i don't even have the right number of posts. All i can see is my overall post count, rather than posts made outside of chosen areas. Also, it's been six months technically if i do say so myself. Yay! I've been here for six months... err technically speaking that is, anyway CAKE! :cake:

Spoiler

EDIT:

Firstly, I can see you haven't been a member for 6 months yet, so you're not able to run until January 9th 2013. 

Crap! I just noticed this. ;_; 

Heh, well maybe we can wait a few days before giving me a chance to run... lol

#9 ithaca

ithaca

A Purple Posting Poet

• Administrators
  • 17,566 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Homoromantic Asexual

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

please keep in mind that you need to be a member for at least 6 months on AVEN and have 100 posts outside of Just For Fun and Welcome Lounge.

If i've fit the recommendations this time, then sure i'll throw my name in the hat. :P

As i myself can't really tell how many posts i've made outside of those two areas (can someone show me btw so i know), last time i couldn't find it either. How can you tell? Then i take it only mods and admods that can check post logs. Although, for future reference we should be able to check our own, so i don't post here (like i did before) and say i'd love to run for mod when i don't even have the right number of posts. All i can see is my overall post count, rather than posts made outside of chosen areas. Also, it's been six months technically if i do say so myself. Yay! I've been here for six months... err technically speaking that is, anyway CAKE! :cake:

Spoiler

EDIT:

Firstly, I can see you haven't been a member for 6 months yet, so you're not able to run until January 9th 2013. 

Nominations will be open the day you're eligible, so yes we can consider you running for mod already if you want to, though we should check your post count. Admods don't have any special feature to do it, so you can do it yourself.

1. Click the advanced search button (close to the Search bar up there)
  2. Look for posts by author (put your name)
  3. Select all forums except JFF, Arcade and Welcome Lounge (to select more forums, keep ctrl pressed)
  4. Count the posts you have (you can count how many posts there are for each page, and how many pages you have)

Let us know!

huXlEwE.jpg ZOXb725.jpg thumb_icon_btvs_buffy15.jpg OjfK8G3.jpg

Check my youtube asexual channel here!

#10 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Kir: You have 217 posts outside JFF and welcome lounge. So, you can definitely run this time.

"Without death all we have are random events, accumlation. You can't call that life"-CC.

Also known as: 5DC, 5, DC, DCC, Diamond(s), Club(s), CC, C2, CCCD, CD, CoD, 5d, 5oD, Clubsie, Clubbles.

#11 Kiryu

Kiryu

Muwahaha!!~

• AVEN Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I just checked, and somehow i guess i have 107 posts outside those areas. :x

That is, if i did it right. But yeah i should have enough, right? :unsure:

I guess i miscounted. lmao

Thank you.

#12 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

107? There are 25 posts on a single page. There are 9 pages of posts of yours outside JFF and welcome lounge. That's how I got 217.

#13 Kiryu

Kiryu

Muwahaha!!~

• AVEN Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

That's what i got. Counting 25 on the first page and then yada yada yada i ended up with 107?! psyduck.gif

As long as there's no mathematics in the job description we'll be fine. 

(lol i'm actually pretty good at math so wth happened)

#14 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Did you count your posts as a topic list?

#15 Kiryu

Kiryu

Muwahaha!!~

• AVEN Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Yeah i think so, tbh i've never used the advance search settings before. :o

Not even like that, so i didn't know you could find your own post count that way. 

#16 Mudkip Overlord Strivna I

Mudkip Overlord Strivna I

People Like Grapes

• Moderators
  • 4,877 posts
  • Pronouns:They
  • A/Sexuality:Giggity

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

*tosses in metaphysical Mudkipz*

Count me in here.

I find your lack of pants disturbing.

"If it's sometimes easier to reject strong evidence than to admit that we've been wrong, this is also information about ourselves worth knowing." - Carl Sagan
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX666XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Spoiler

Helpful Links
AVEN Terms of Service   Chat Terms of Service   Election Rules/Procedures   Signature Limitations   Support Resources

#17 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Are you sure you're willing to give up your spot on the PT if you win?

#18 ratherdrinktea

ratherdrinktea

People like Crepes

• Administrators
  • 11,919 posts
  • A/Sexuality:Idontreallycareenoughaboutlabelssexual/romantic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Good luck to everyone who runs.

Spoiler

Here's the Terms of Service, and the Chatroom Terms of Service
I'm also a wikimaster on the AVENwiki.  Feel free to help us make it awesome
Do you want a cool picture in your signature?  PM me or another administrator with the picture and it will magically appear.
The month or more goal thread, Please join me in this thread by dedicating yourself to a random hobby each month.

#19 Avery_N_Co

Avery_N_Co

The Atrix Has You

• AVEN Members
  • 1,150 posts
  • Pronouns:She
  • A/Sexuality:Demisexual

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Good luck to everyone.

#20 Mudkip Overlord Strivna I

Mudkip Overlord Strivna I

People Like Grapes

• Moderators
  • 4,877 posts
  • Pronouns:They
  • A/Sexuality:Giggity

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Indeed, I am.

I find your lack of pants disturbing.

"If it's sometimes easier to reject strong evidence than to admit that we've been wrong, this is also information about ourselves worth knowing." - Carl Sagan
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX666XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Spoiler

Helpful Links
AVEN Terms of Service   Chat Terms of Service   Election Rules/Procedures   Signature Limitations   Support Resources

#21 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

... Oh. God. No. You're... No way!

• Kiryu likes this

#22 PerfectlyDarkTails

PerfectlyDarkTails

At Least I'm Still Perfect...

• AVEN Members
  • 5,563 posts
  • Pronouns:He - They/Them
  • A/Sexuality:Aromantic Asexual - Bi & Fetishist

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Spoiler

EDIT:

Nominations will be open the day you're eligible, so yes we can consider you running for mod already if you want to, though we should check your post count. Admods don't have any special feature to do it, so you can do it yourself.
  • Click the advanced search button (close to the Search bar up there)[/*]
  • Look for posts by author (put your name)[/*]
  • Select all forums except JFF, Arcade and Welcome Lounge (to select more forums, keep ctrl pressed)[/*]
  • Count the posts you have (you can count how many posts there are for each page, and how many pages you have)[/*]
Let us know!
Plus, the search would have to be viewed in post view as people often post multiple comments in one thread, the calculation would be 25 times the number of pages minus one as the last page would contain less entries. Only problem is the search is limited to 40 pages, but that usually indicates the user has well over the post requirements, interesting nonetheless. ;)

Indeed, I am.
Wouldn't that invoke another PT election? Otherwise shouldn't members that hold other positions should step down from the other post before running for a new one?

#23 Kelly

Kelly

Phantom Poster

• Administrators
  • 36,148 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Indeed, I am.

Wouldn't that invoke another PT election? Otherwise shouldn't members that hold other positions should step down from the other post before running for a new one?

AVEN officers would need to step down after they win a new post, not before running. If Striv wins then we would need a new election for the PT.

#24 Pawn

Pawn

[insert the best thing you've ever seen here]

• AVEN Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Good luck, chumps. I'm not running anymore, be at ease. Must've sprained my ankle while running in the last election.

Haha, "Thank you for not running and hindering my victory?" Think again; You guys will have a hard time in Q&A. :P
  • Kiryu likes this
Sorry to rain on your parade.

#25 5_♦♣

5_♦♣

Asexy & Precise Timenerd

• AVEN Members
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

You didn't run in the last election. You figured there was no way you could beat Tan.

#26 Pawn

Pawn

[insert the best thing you've ever seen here]

• AVEN Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

You didn't run in the last election. You figured there was no way you could beat Tan.
True, and I was right. But the seven elections before really weren't easy stuff either.
Sorry to rain on your parade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users