Avian Academy

OwlSaint

Hello!

I'm starting an educational video series. And it launches with a video about orientation, that's part of a subseries that will explore lots of underrepresented orientations, Asexuality of course being one of them.

So, let me know what you think, how I might be able to improve the show, suggestions, etc., and help me spread this to people so that it can reach and educate a large audience.

The video addressing orientation is here:

Also, I'm totally excited. This is the most public of a project I've ever done. Wheeee!

• 2 weeks later...

I liked your video on transhumanisim, I plan to start a philosophy discussion channel of my own that would be very similar to you teacher's lounge vids except I would chime in my view, and why I could see others views, etc. just over all all round picking a topic to tear apart.

This is very well done :D You covered a lot of great points. You also made it entertaining to watch and used helpful examples in explaining attraction and orientation. Your voice is also very easy to listen to which helps :P

Most of all, I really enjoyed the narration for the video. The concept of the owl and blackboard is cute though. ;) I think we seriously need more education on gender identities and sexual orientations taught in schools to younger ages. I think this understanding will lead to less pressure and harassment in high schools.

:D I'm thrilled to get the good responses. I'm going to be redoing it in the near future. As soon as this cold goes away.

For starters, chalky needs to be green. And using a font, not handwritten. It's just hard to read. It also needs to be a bit more brief, and there are some major issues with the narration that I have so far (due to rush i couldn't re-record troublesome sections at the time).

I'll see if the second iteration can be rolled out with more different videos, including one about asexuality specifically. When I do get that going, though, I'm going to need a lot of people's help to spread the thing. Going to need a lot of sharing and posting it to other places so that it can actually reach the critical mass to gain a viewer base, something that it totally missed out on the first time around.

Whoah.... the orientation video has jumped into the triple digits for views. That was totally unexpected.

AshenPhoenix
Whoah.... the orientation video has jumped into the triple digits for views. That was totally unexpected.

Amazing, thanks to all the people at AVEN. I really liked he video. I'd be glad to try and help out as much as I can spreading the word.

Hi OwlSaint!

I quite like the idea of your video and your voice is really nice to listen to. I'd like to hear more of you :) You've already mentioned that it would be better to use a font instead of handwriting with which I agree. In addition, I' d recommend to make a bigger black board. The owl gives the video a nice touch and makes it more enjoyable, but your message should be the focus, not the surrounding stuff. You're doing great!

Gonna see if I can't get myself in gear and get a redo up within two weeks, at least for the intro.

While I'm overhauling and redoing, now's a good time to review some design choices. I'm thinking of making it more sassy. Perhaps closer to its original inspiration, Zero Punctuation. I'm also debating having more movement in the frames, including zooming around, panning, and so on. Zero Punctuation's videos are very energetic and it works nicely with the fast speech, creating a rapid fire of wit; perhaps Avian Academy might be more entertaining (and thus reach more people) by doing so? Anyone want to weigh in?

Archived