What video games are you playing?

Deschutes

for myself, it is: kingdom hearts one, .hack//g.u., and final fantasy x-2.

I love g.u for the twists and turns and for the insatiable need to learn more, but I hate hate hate how it ends. gotta get version two to continue.

kingdom hearts is fun, but thereare so many bosses, it gets tedious. but I love the story line.

same with x-2, love the story line and the prettiness. just wish my directional pad was working so i can do that darn chocobo quest.

• Like 11

I randomly remembered how much I LOVED Portal, so I decided to give it a replay. Still love it...I can't remember most of the rooms, so it's like I'm playing it for the first time again.

Lots of Rock Band Blitz too.

Pokemon White II, Europa Universalis III, Crusader Kings II, Victoria II, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Civilization IV

• Like 2
Janus the Fox

Its about game a thread like this popped up eventually, outside of gaming forums.

Mine is a large list...

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye 007

Skyrim

LittleBigPlanet 2

Retro/grade

Double Dragon Neon

Gran Tursimo 5

Ratchet & Clank 2

Final Fantasy 13-2

Final Fantasy 6

Klonoa: door to phantomile

Sonic Adventure 2

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

CoD: Modern Warfare 3

Civilization 5

Deus Ex: 1

Stronghold Crusader Extreme

Hell Yeah!

... There's others... :mellow:

• Like 5
icannotswimorcycle

Finally got round to playing Yakuza: Dead Souls, loving wandering around Kamurocho again but anxious this may be the last time for a while since Yakuza 5 and Yakuza 1 & 2 HD still don't have Western release dates :(

Aside from that I'm playing some Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, which is much harder than the first game! Going back to Borderlands 2 and Journey every now and then and looking at the pile of games I need to start/finish. So many to get through, I need more time but can't wait to get started on Dishonoured, Catherine, Batman: Arkham City, 3-D Dot Game Heroes (which is in the post) and many others :)

• Like 1

Not really anything at the moment - just finished playing A Link to the Past. (Not emulator either - the real thing on the SNES console baby!)

Technically I'm playing Mass Effect 1, but I put it down after getting about an hour or two into it and just never picked it up again. Don't know why - I really want to like that game, I just can't get into it. Same story with Assassin's Creed.

Oh yeah, Destroy All Humans too, but I stopped playing that because my PS2 controller broke, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it.

• Like 1

Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy XII for the fourth time, though I've never beaten the game (I've gotten close though!) Other favorites I'm playing again are Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, Kingdom Hearts II, and FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus.

• Like 2

Pokemon White II, Europa Universalis III, Crusader Kings II, Victoria II, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Civilization IV

YES.

I'm playing EUIII right now. Eat it France! Eat it so hard! I will ram my claims to Normandie and Caux into your eyeballs with my vastly superior navy.

Actually I don't have a CB against France. Which is annoying because I have spent the better part of 250 years cultivating a vast military alliance, including Spain, a usefully positioned country with lots and lots of manpower.

• Like 1

I'm currently re-playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 and The World Ends With You. I was playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant but I got bored.

• Like 1
Princess Flufflebutt

Currently playing Portal 2 and occasionally Team Fortress 2. They're both fun as hell.

• Like 2

I'm about to start playing Starcraft: Brood War for the first time. (Some gamer I am...) Other than that, I'm replaying Final Fantasy IX, Batman: Arkham City, and I still play WoW.

And those are just the games I'm playing a little more frequently! :D I have a shit-load that sit as part of my collection.

• Like 2
Miss Behavin'

At the moment, I've got Assassin's Creed in my xbox, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess in my Wii, and I recently ordered Skyrim from Amazon and am trying to track down my copy of whatever the last incarnation of Fable I had was...

• Like 3

Playing Final Fantasy X and Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. I would be playing .hack//g.u as well but my versions don't save properly for some reason ;o;

• Like 1

there is a sequel to ff thirteen!? I barely started the first one!

so are there any games before g.u. that you can load the data onto g.u.? I ask becauae i see the option to on my copy. also... I hear later sequels are hard to find.

there is a sequel to ff thirteen!? I barely started the first one! so are there any games before g.u. that you can load the data onto g.u.? I ask becauae i see the option to on my copy. also... I hear later sequels are hard to find.

Before g.u? I don't know. I know there was a series before g.u but I don't think you can import the data. I think the import/load data option is just for the 3 games in the g.u series.

I recently fell into the lovely world of Eve Online. I blame my friends, but it's just so much fun!

Started playing HL 2 episode 2. Been so long since I played Half life I can't remember the story line anymore...I also can't remember whether I finished episode one.

• Like 1

Just started Batman: Arkham asylum. It's pretty good, but I'm constantly reminded of how hard I think it would be to take someone like batman seriously in real life!

I have a pretty formidable pile of games that I've been meaning to play, and I just never find the time to get through them. Once finals are over with and I have a break from college, I do have a couple games I want to play/replay:

-Journey (replaying because it's one of the few games that has managed to haunt me for so long after playing it)

-Sonic Generations (I've been watching the youtube channel GameGrumps, and their Sonic '06 videos are kinda making me want to get around to playing this)

-Guild Wars 2 (Played it when it first came out, haven't had time since, and I've been meaning to finish leveling my character)

-Pokemon (Don't know which, but I'm planning on doing a Nuzlocke challenge run)

-Dear Esther (At the percussion convention I went to, there was a composition inspired by this game, and I've been meaning to play it anyways)

-Possibly Okami (replaying if I decide to pay for the HD version, because that's a game that probably looks glorious in HD.)

-Possibly Shadow of the Colossus (replaying because it's one of my favorite games of all time, and the HD version is tempting me)

-Some of the random indie games stockpiling in my Steam account from all the Humble Indie Bundles I've donated to in the past few years. I usually do them for the charity rather than for the games, but it also gives me a good chance to try games with zero knowledge about them (I don't even know the genres of some of them).

There's probably more than just those too, but who knows what games I'll get hooked to. Last year, the ones that really kept my attention were Portal 2 and Bastion, with an honorable mention to World of Goo. I won't know what games I'll get hooked to until I actually get hooked though, so we'll see soon enough.

• Like 1

I'm waiting until after Christmas to buy the third Assassin's Creed (the second one is just amazing), but the last game I completed was Dead Space, about a week ago. :) I'd recommend it to those who love horror games, even if the monsters did remind me of the Resident Evil series a few times.

Princess Flufflebutt

I'm currently playing Super Hexagon, which is an addictive thing that goes fast and cost me only 2 bucks on Steam.

• Like 1

I'm still playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I think it has one of the best team tactical games out there.

I'm also dabbling with Star Trek Online since they've come out with an update recently.

I have a pretty formidable pile of games that I've been meaning to play, and I just never find the time to get through them. Once finals are over with and I have a break from college, I do have a couple games I want to play/replay:

-Journey (replaying because it's one of the few games that has managed to haunt me for so long after playing it)

Ooh, do you mean 'The Longest Journey'? I still love that game well over a decade later. Sadly my discs just don't work with Windows 7 or I'd probably play it all over and over and over again.

Ooh, do you mean 'The Longest Journey'? I still love that game well over a decade later. Sadly my discs just don't work with Windows 7 or I'd probably play it all over and over and over again.

I actually mean Journey, a game released earlier this year by thatgamecompany. It caught my attention when reviewers started drawing parallels between Journey and Shadow of the Colossus. I see the parallels, but they are pretty loose, and Journey is better for it in my opinion. Also, it has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long time.

I did a quick online search for The Longest Journey, and I'm surprised I haven't heard of it, especially with point 'n click adventure being one of my favorite genres. It's definitely on my list now of games to look out for now! I may not have tried this with The Longest Journey specifically, but I did manage to get a 1998 adventure game (Grim Fandango) to install and play on Windows 7. If you know where to look, you can actually find special installers online that let you install older games on Windows 7. The game will run more smoothly if you have some sort of emulator program or something (Lucasarts games have SCUMMM, grimE, and Residual), but the games can still run okay directly (though you're at greater risk of having unusual game issues as a result of the game being unprepared to work with the capabilities of modern hardware). I hope that helps!

I actually mean Journey, a game released earlier this year by thatgamecompany. It caught my attention when reviewers started drawing parallels between Journey and Shadow of the Colossus. I see the parallels, but they are pretty loose, and Journey is better for it in my opinion. Also, it has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long time.

I did a quick online search for The Longest Journey, and I'm surprised I haven't heard of it, especially with point 'n click adventure being one of my favorite genres. It's definitely on my list now of games to look out for now! I may not have tried this with The Longest Journey specifically, but I did manage to get a 1998 adventure game (Grim Fandango) to install and play on Windows 7. If you know where to look, you can actually find special installers online that let you install older games on Windows 7. The game will run more smoothly if you have some sort of emulator program or something (Lucasarts games have SCUMMM, grimE, and Residual), but the games can still run okay directly (though you're at greater risk of having unusual game issues as a result of the game being unprepared to work with the capabilities of modern hardware). I hope that helps!

Ooh, that does sound interesting! I don't really keep track of games outside of Sims3, but something that's like Shadow of the Colossus is right up my alley, I'll have to look into it!

• Like 3