Am I An Asexual?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello,

I have not had sex in a very long time although I have had crushes on various women but never acted on them. I do masterbate for sexual release, I seem to not really care if I have a sexual relationship with a woman and would be satisfied with just being a friend.

Does this sound like I may be a Asexual?

Thanks!

Only you can really answer that question.

Things to think about though: are you thinking about being physically sexual with people when you masturbate for sexual release? Does the idea of sex with the people you have crushes on turn you on? Are you choosing not to act on your sexual desires for some reason or do you just not have the desire to be sexual? If someone you were crushing over recipricated and wanted to be sexual with you, would you find sex uninteresting? Would you say 'no thanks, I'd prefer to be friends'?

Is your need for sexual release a physical thing or is it because you have a sex drive that you're not acting on? If the latter, is that sex drive connected to people or is it an abstract thing that doesn't equate to the need for sexual intercourse?

Also the FAQ for asexuals and questioning people might help you think about if it'll be useful for you to identify as asexual or not (you're welcome in the community whatever you choose).

http://www.asexuality.org/bigfaq.htm

Hope this helps,

Nat.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, I know that there are more Asexual people than we know, maybe they just didn't know it like myself until I found the information. You should do as you feel is right for you.

Archived