Get involved in asexual vis/ed!

The AVEN Project Team has put together a guide consisting of ways to help with asexual visibility and education, along with an assortment of other ways to get involved and contribute to the asexual community, and links to resources to help you get started:

Ways to get involved in asexual visibility and education work

This guide is to provide inspiration, but these certainly aren’t the only things you can do to help. This is a work in progress and since sharing new ideas is another way you can get involved, I decided to put it on AVENwiki, because you may have some other tips or useful links of your own to edit in. Or maybe you have experience in a particular area and can expand on one of the points that is currently only briefly outlined. You can also PM me with suggestions.

We hope you find this useful!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh WOW I have been wanting something like this for ages and just today considered making a thread asking how I could get involved.AVEN means so much to my life,but apart from wearing AVEN merch.having an Asexy tattoo and telling the odd person who enquired,I felt I had let myself down by not being more involved.

Thanks for this thread.Some of the internet things went over my head a little,but I will at least have somethings to bear in mind :cake: :)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I have to take health next year and there's section on sexuality. So I will be bring up asexuality as many times as possible

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's great :).

What we also did:

As we have an active table of regulars we did advertise it in "normal forums" and with flyers.

Surely not many asexuals read it, but we also educate some people in our area this way.

The possible settings in okcupid are also a good way to make the word "asexual" more known.