• Announcements

• Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
Sign in to follow this  
Qutenkringley

Forum Purpose and Guidelines (Redux)

Qutenkringley

Replicated, in part, and modified from this post, which has been archived for historical purposes.

Welcome to the Musings and Rantings forum. Your friendly neighbourhood dictator moderator is Qutenkuddly.

Purpose

This is the forum where you can post your thoughts, tirades and experiences related to asexuality. If it's about asexuality but doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is your general-purpose stop! If in doubt, consider:

• Any relationship posts should be posted in Relationships

• Any posts with questions about asexuality should be posted in Q&A

• Any non-asexuality related posts should be posted in Off-A

• Any posts of a basically joking nature should be posted in Just For Fun

If you're still not sure where a post should go, feel free to hazard a guess, and a mod will move it if necessary.

The forum guidelines are listed below. Questions or comments about them may be directed toward myself, or any of the other admods.

Forum Guidelines:

• Controversy is fine, getting frustrated and even angry is fine. At my discretion, though, I may communicate with users to keep things from getting out of hand. My goal is to keep discussions respectful and productive.

• Personally insulting other users is not allowed. Neither is posting derogatory content about broad groups of people. (Special note: It's fine to talk about how and why you dislike sex, but posting derogatory content about sexuals is not.)

• There are a number of topics that some users experience difficulty with, including graphic sexual descriptions, non-consensual sex (abuse/rape), suicidal thoughts/actions, self-harming, etc. As such, I request that any such topics have a TMI or trigger warning listed in their titles. If you know how to use them, spoiler tags are also really helpful. At my discretion, I may add TMI/trigger warnings, place content under spoiler tags, or even remove content from view, as may be needed.

• Making judgements about other users, especially about the validity of their asexuality, is strongly discouraged. We are here to figure ourselves out, not to put each other in boxes.

• Before starting a new topic, please search the first two pages of these forums for any potentially similar thread topics. At my discretion, I may merge new topics of a similar subject nature into one of these.

• If you see something offensive/off-topic/otherwise inappropriate, please PM an admod or use the report button, found in the lower left hand corner of each post. Please refrain from responding to, or posting about, the offending comment. Chances are, it can be worked out without further escalating the situation.

Please note, when I am communicating in my official capacity as a moderator in the forum, my text will appear in bold, modly green. Pay attention when I post in such a fashion, as this will usually be an attempt to sort out a potentially problematic situation before having to resort to applying disciplinary action (which adds to my paperwork and makes me cranky).

Sally

How does Musings and Rantings differ from Hot Box? I've never understood that, unless Hot Box is simply M and R to the tenth degree.

Qutenkringley

How does Musings and Rantings differ from Hot Box? I've never understood that, unless Hot Box is simply M and R to the tenth degree.

Hot Box is for all the highly controversial topics, including non-asexual related ones. You're also allowed to be a bit more 'vocal' in Hot Box than you would be here.

Dea Discordia

Um, I'm sorry to bother you but the Common Thread Topics link is broken - at least, I'm getting an error when I click on it.

whitelines

Um, I'm sorry to bother you but the Common Thread Topics link is broken - at least, I'm getting an error when I click on it.

Ditto.

Qutenkringley

Ditto.

Oh my! I didn't realize that link was still posted. The thread got eaten by a site update quite some time ago. I'm certain one the current mods for this forum will tidy things up soon.

Steph Ace

Ditto.

Oh my! I didn't realize that link was still posted. The thread got eaten by a site update quite some time ago. I'm certain one the current mods for this forum will tidy things up soon.

For the moment I have reworded the post. However I'll do a full and proper rework of the thread soon.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention!

Arctic Fox

Hey Qutenkuddly, could we have I have now found a plausible explanation for asexuality unlocked on the grounds that it is a part of the history of AVEN?

Also, could you ask the mod team if we could have the joke definition from my response put in the actual header of this website on April 1st?