The time has come ...

NigelFt

My dear AVEN friends.

No doubt you aware of several admods resigning recently. It is with much sadness that I am announcing my resignation as an administrator as well.

There are a number of reasons, which I prefer not to go into for the moment, but suffice to say one of them is my mental health; I find myself increasingly lacking the energy required, which in turn has severely affected my ability to commit fully to the forum.

I still have a warm affection for the place; I have learnt a great deal, and found some close friends, but I feel the time has come to pass the baton on. I will still be a member, though just not a fully active one.

Those who know me from my days when I ran the London meets are more than welcome to stay in touch. I am happy to pass on my personal contact details via PM.

I want to thank all of those who first elected me as a moderator all that time ago. I hoped I have served you well.

Thank you for listening. And please, go safely.

Bye Nigel. I met you at the London Conference, you seem like a pretty cool dude. Sorry to hear of your mental health issues and other reasons for leaving. I hope you pop in sometimes.

Sorry to hear read about your mental health issues. :(

Though glad to hear read, that you'll still be a member here.

Best wishes, Nigel! I never met you in person, but I feel like I have met you through Abbie the AVEN Bear's travel tales. :)

Nigel, I am and always will be your friend. This is an instance where the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many. If you need me, I'm at the other end of your laptop or phone.

*hugs Nigel* :wub:

It is always great to see you and have a pint when I am in London. I look forward to seeing you there and around AVEN.

Oh no, not you too! I remember your addition to the team fondly, and your loss diminishes the team. I hope you'll find a chance to return eventually!

Bye Nigel. I met you at the London Conference, you seem like a pretty cool dude. Sorry to hear of your mental health issues and other reasons for leaving. I hope you pop in sometimes.

Thank you, and same to you too. I hope to be around still, so we see.

Sorry to hear read about your mental health issues. :(

Though glad to hear read, that you'll still be a member here.

Thank you.

Best wishes, Nigel! I never met you in person, but I feel like I have met you through Abbie the AVEN Bear's travel tales. :)

I know ... I always blush when I keep cropping up in Abbie's adventures.

Sorry to see you go, Nigel. :(

Thank you.

Nigel, I am and always will be your friend. This is an instance where the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many. If you need me, I'm at the other end of your laptop or phone.

Oh Tan ... why did you have to quote one of my favourite moments from that film. And, likewise m'dear; if you ever need to chat, you know where I am.

I hope to still see you around Nigel, even if it is just to pop in here and there. :(

I hope so too.

What Tan said up there ^^

**hugs**

**hugs back***

*hugs Nigel* :wub:

It is always great to see you and have a pint when I am in London. I look forward to seeing you there and around AVEN.

Likewise, m'dear. Let me know when next you are going to be in London.

Sorry to read you're going Nigel :(

All the best and have some :cake: and hugs.

Thanks ... *hugs back and noms on the :cake:*

Oh no, not you too! I remember your addition to the team fondly, and your loss diminishes the team. I hope you'll find a chance to return eventually!

Thank you for your kind words, and sadly, yes. And I remember you fondly as my co-mod. As for my return, I can't say ...

It's probably for the best, for the sake of mental health. Mental health should come first, always.

Very true.

Archived