Using condoms to promote asexuality

test account

I was going to add my ten pounds and forty pences' worth here,but I feel suitably admo(d)nished by Qutenkuddly :unsure:

I think I'll go back to playing in the shadows.

:cake:, anyone.........

Kitty Spoon Train

Skullery is going to give you some thoughts on safe sex and STDs from a completely biased and probably bizarre perspective...

Not bizarre at all. As always, your posts are enlightening and awesome. :D I can relate to a lot of this as well. Some TMI to follow...

Back when I was a teen and at uni, I'd seen quite a few people ruin their lives with unplanned pregnancies. I don't think paranoia about that was ever really a major driver in helping make me acey, but I certainly DID have some very weird moments of it.

eg. With my very first girlfriend. She was a conservative Christian girl who didn't believe in sex before marriage, and I was totally fine with that (didn't quite realise that it's not so normal to be so fine with it, but I digress). Her belief was mostly based on actually "going all the way", so eventually we did end up making out pretty heavily, including outercourse of sorts, because that isn't "sex"...

I remember freaking out over ejaculating as part of outercourse. The logic in my head was something like - "Well....maybe....somehow....what if......what if something somehow JUMPS ACROSS? Is there such thing as semen vapour which still contains sperm and is filling the room as we speak??! AAAARGH!!" *shake head*

Now things are a little different. Now it's more like I just don't think of sex as an upfront or even integral part of relationships any more, so it's not even something I think about in the abstract, before even getting in one. eg. When looking at SweetEx's doctor's advice I was quite indifferent. Thinking "three months is nothing", and that "besides, by the time I get around to getting into a sexual headspace with someone we've probably been super close friends (or possibly "romantic friendship") for at least a year or so, and have totally opened up and discussed our histories as open books and everything will be so open and honest that there's nothing to hide".

When I look at the above though, I do realise that I'm projecting a bit - it more or less assumes that my potential partner is on a similar part of the ace spectrum as myself. Obviously if it's someone who's having constant sex with others during that year, the history is more murky and you can't just decide one day to mutually get tested and then plunge into a fairly carefree sexual relationship immediately. *shrug*

Right. I've seen this issue belaboured for quite some time now. The project team has already explained its decision quite adequately and that they understand the concerns expressed by a number of AVEN's community members. They have even stated that they were unlikely to make a similar decision save under circumstances where it is unlikely to deliver a mixed message, i.e., very particular audiences. Essentially, they've said "We get the point and we're not likely to do that again."

Yet here we are, several weeks later, with the issue STILL being beaten on. What's it going to take to lay this to rest?

Actually I honestly have not seen anything in this thread to say "we are unlikely to do this again". I have seen a post that said the condoms are intended to be used again. I have obviously missed that post so could you please point it out to me?

I misinterpreted something said earlier. Apologies.

I have seen a post that said the condoms are intended to be used again.

I can't help myself...

Please don't ever use condoms more than once!

(Sorry, sorry, sorry... that one just called out to me. :lol: )

I can't help myself...

:lol:

I can't help myself...

Not even as a balloon!

I can't help myself...

Not even as a balloon!

speaking of which, condoms can make entertaining water balloons - very durable. Great for cheating in water balloon toss contests.

I can't help myself...

Not even as a balloon!

speaking of which, condoms can make entertaining water balloons - very durable. Great for cheating in water balloon toss contests.

Hey,that's a pretty decent promotional campaign to get the kiddywinks to buy condoms.

"Children!Did you know that Condoms are very durable?(I'm sure Durex could come up with some sort of play on words)yeah,apparently they are.So after you have safely prevented you and your loving,adorable partner from contracting a very nasty S.T.I.you can use the rest of the pack to fill up with water and throw at each other.Who said safe sex can't be fun".

It may need a little bit of work,but you get the point.

Hey,that's a pretty decent promotional campaign to get the kiddywinks to buy condoms.

"Children!Did you know that Condoms are very durable?(I'm sure Durex could come up with some sort of play on words)yeah,apparently they are.So after you have safely prevented you and your loving,adorable partner from contracting a very nasty S.T.I.you can use the rest of the pack to fill up with water and throw at each other.Who said safe sex can't be fun".

It may need a little bit of work,but you get the point.

That's hilarious, Dex.

sinisterporpoise

How is tea an Asexual symbol? I think a number of British asexuals are confused. Tea is the British national drink. If we're going to suggest national drinks as symbols, then Coca-Cola and Pepsi are also asexual symbols. (Also, I think handing out 'tea bags' would send out a horrible message, especially given that it's the name of a certain act.)

True, SM, here they're taught about using them in secondary school - teachers used to use a banana to demonstrate how to put them on which could have lead to some confusion later in life.

*According to Jasper Carrott, 'Durex' is a brand of adhesive tape (Sellotape) in Australia - is that right? *

Apparently, in the US, Durex is considered the 'cheap' brand of condoms? I had a friend tell me that she wouldn't be seen dead using Durex condoms.

Not that I follow this with any enthusiasm, but there seems to be a new 'fancy' make out there called Skyn, or something.

They caused a bit of a row in Manchester a few weeks ago, by putting up a large billboard reading Love Sex, Hate Condoms. I mean, really?

never odd or even

Apparently, in the US, Durex is considered the 'cheap' brand of condoms? I had a friend tell me that she wouldn't be seen dead using Durex condoms.

People actually care about that?

Yeah, I've always been boggled by that too. Even if its cheap, it still has to be fit for purpose, right?

I wonder how many people would complain about faulty condoms as would about faulty kettles....

Not all condoms are created equal. Basically, some condoms are more prone to tearing than others... Which likely doesn't matter if you want kids anyway, but if you don't... You'll likely want to avoid the cheap ones.

Not all condoms are created equal. Basically, some condoms are more prone to tearing than others... Which likely doesn't matter if you want kids anyway, but if you don't... You'll likely want to avoid the cheap ones.

And if you want to avoid bad STDs.

Fun fact: My grandson is the result of a dysfunctional condom. His mom told me. Within the family, we affectionately called him "condom boy" while he was still an infant.

Oh fiddle sticks, isn't it true, naughty condoms, will always be tearaways? The silliness, of never knowing whether you are coming or going, would give anyone a split personality! Wouldn’t you say?

And if you want to avoid bad STDs.

Fun fact: My grandson is the result of a dysfunctional condom. His mom told me. Within the family, we affectionately called him "condom boy" while he was still an infant.

Oh bless, lol, poor mite... :) Please excuse me for being rather inquisitively forthright, but I wonder, did they call him Johnny? :redface:

"you are coming".

Was that an intentional pun?

Devastatingly correct, the result of trying to avoid igniting another Condown Controversy, by poking fun at the subject matter, whilst avoding poking holes in it :)

Oh bless, lol, poor mite... :) Please excuse me for being rather inquisitively forthright, but I wonder, did they call him Johnny? :redface:

Nope -- however, there is another nickname for the P that he was almost named.

:lol: SGE. That's hilarious.

Seconded, hilarious Sweetex..........

Aven, providing tailored, condom solutions, to the trade (And anyone else wanting to sell their bodies)

Remember ...Aven Advises.. Slide with Pride, Before Every Ride

:)