Michael's post-WorldPride thank you thread - and more

Hi all,

I would like to give my own much belated thank you to everyone who helped make WorldPride 2012 weekend such a memorable occasion. It was amazing to see so many aces and allies, and especially so many who travelled from afar to be with us in London. Whether you were marching, attending the conference or helping us publicize, YOU were what made the event.

The conference videos will be out shortly. I am so grateful to our dedicated team of filmers for capturing all the talks and panels. We will be putting the videos on Youtube once we have sorted out the permissions. You've probably already noticed that Nat Titman's excellent talk on the origins of the movement has been up a while.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/76608-video-of-the-conference/

We would be really grateful for any help spreading the videos around, once they're up. We will also be putting together a webpage on AVEN to commemorate the event.

Finally a note about the future of the WorldPride forum. Personally I would like to keep it open a bit longer, at least till the videos and the webpage is up. However at this point I think we can archive WorldPride to a subforum rather than a whole forum. My personal suggestion is that WP becomes a subforum of Visibility and Education Projects. Thoughts on this?

(An alternative is to rename it to "Big Events" and use it to plan WorldPride Toronto 2014 and other big occasions. However I feel it may be confusing having two very different sets of threads - two or more different occasions - in the same place.)

I've spent quite a lot of time over the past year wondering what the heck would happen to this forum once the event was over. I like your suggestion of making it a sub forum of vis/ed.

The conference videos will be out shortly. I am so grateful to our dedicated team of filmers for capturing all the talks and panels. We will be putting the videos on Youtube once we have sorted out the permissions.

I could not attend the conference, so I'm especially pleased to hear that there will be videos.

• 2 weeks later...

OK no objections so I'm going to ask that WorldPride become a subforum of Vis for now.

• 10 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator