Where can we shop for cute, androgynous clothing?

Guest_49836

Okay like... this challenge arises when you REALLY like something but can't wear it because it's cut for a different bodytype.

Also, I get a little disappointed when I go to clothing stores and have to split up from my friends to look for stuff I like or even on like websites, you gotta pick what part of the website you're gonna shop in?

So, I was wondering if there's like... well if any of you have like a few bookmarks for androgynous clothing that looks really cute :D

For instance, I really love harem pants and thai fishermanhuman pants... I also really like mens hoodies or those lacey shirts girls wear... you know with like leafs and frillies? (not too frilly, lol)

OOH or vintage kinda... half... sweater/poncho/scarf/flyingsquirrelarms/cozy things? Iono...

Main point being: there's a lot of potential out there in the androgynous clothing doncha think? Is something like that already out there? What're your faves? :D

Would love if you could share, discuss, rant and cheer.

Love you!

yeah I had seen this one :D but since it was so old-ish and locked I thought maybe more things would be out there on the market?

Thank you!!♥

I love waistcoats, but they're never cut to fit me well. So, I get out my sewing machine. Learning to sew is a wonderful investment. It's also fun!

That sounds like a brilliant idea :D I wonder if that's something I could get into?

Thanks for the tip!♥

My favorite store sells clothes for "real women".

I don't believe in real women, because last time I checked, my body was very female and their busty clothes dont fit. I found a awesome jacket that was just perfect in every way - every way except for the way it disfigured my body with two large gathers meant to be filled out by one of those mythical "real women".

Ive heard of thrift stores being good for androgyny but I don't know. I think the key is an open mind when its on the rack and discretion when its on you.

THRIFT STORES! Or charity shops, depending on where you are in the world. Those are basically the only places I buy clothes (unless I need underwear). Also, if a piece of clothing was cheap, I feel better about modifying it. 8)

THRIFT STORES! Or charity shops, depending on where you are in the world. Those are basically the only places I buy clothes (unless I need underwear). Also, if a piece of clothing was cheap, I feel better about modifying it. 8)

Thrift stores are my friends. While I do not do the androgynous look personally, if you know how to shop them then you can (eventually) find most anything you are looking for. Thrifting is a bit of an art, you usually can't go with the thought of finding something specific. The key to shopping at them is to simply go frequently, look at everything and just see what is there. And if you don't find anything on a particular visit just go back again next week.

I dunno if it is hard for a guy but it is kind of easy for a girl , at least in my experience. YOu just buy a big vaguely guy shirt in the guy's section . Or you can buy a girl shirt that is less obviously a girl shirt. I guess for pants you can shop in the guys section as well? I am not sure. I know that you can buy a slightly bigger pair of girl's pants and feel like it hugs your feminine figure less.

I think hot topic has a good chunk of clothes that can fit both guys and girls.

I know there are some stores were the difference is very distinct. It just depends, I guess.

For guys I think maybe it would be harder to look androgynous? all I could guess is to buy lighter colors (sometimes they sell like pink guys shirts and purple and stuff like that).

I hope I don't sound like I am just describing how to look more guyish or more girly. I am trying with the androgynous thing.

I sometimes look like a guy by certain girls pants I wear and just those big guy shirts/unisex shirts.

Archived