1. sapioromantic
2. sapioromantic
3. no
4. yes

AlwaysADreamer

1. Panromantic

2. Romantic

3. No

4. No. I like intelligence a lot, but I am more interested in whether someone is enthusiastic about something.

• 2 weeks later...
verily-forsooth-egads

1. I chose panromantic, though it's really a toss-up between pan and aro—I have either equal interest or equal disinterest in all genders.

2. WTFromantic, a term I've recently come to love.

3. No

4. Yes

• 1 month later...

Whoa, I had never heard of lithromantic, so I had to look it up, and it describes me pretty well. I'm not super comfortable in romantic relationships, but I still get crushes on people. There's been times when I'd have a crush on someone, and I'd tell them. They'd then ask me if I wanted to start dating them, and I'd say no. They just couldn't understand why I wouldn't date them if I liked them so much.

1. Aro

2. Aro

3. No

4. No

Just aro all the way, sure was easy to answer.

1. Biromantic

2. Romantic (oh, definitely)

3. Nope. Not at all.

4. Nope.

Panromantic

Demiromantic

yes

no

I love just being next to a person that I cherish and trust, if only they would understand its NOT GOING ANY FURTHER, drives me nuts when I continually have to explain that I dont want sex, just someone or someone's to relax and enjoy each others company (while I snuggle them)

SlytherinArisen

I can't figure out (question 2) if I'm WTFromantic or just plain romantic. I've read a little about the former, and it honestly makes me very confused about myself.

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda mixed mine. I'd say I'm somewhere between Aromantic and Demi-Polyromantic

• 2 weeks later...
Aisntllecxtual

I replied I'm not sure to the first: I could answer aromantic, biromantic or heteroromantic: seemingly conflictual. I registered as demiromantic to the second question, and I replied in the affirmative to being sapioromantic.

To the first, I could answer heteroromantic because I am attracted to the physical beauty of women. I could also answer as biromantic in the sense that intellectual attraction (having intellectual sex if you will) has no gender boundaries. Or I could answer as aromantic in the sense that for the romantic impulse to stimulate within me - especially, if it is to be sustaining, not just a relative flash in the pan - the match would have to verge on or meet utopian perfection, for all practical intents and purposes this would make me aromantic.

I answered demiromantic to the second question because although for practical purposes I am all but aromantic, I am by nature a dreamer - an idealist - and believe that there is at least the slightest chance that near perfection or utopia is possible, realizable.

As note, as identifiably sapioromantic, it goes to my insatiable need to be intellectually stimulated, to achieve connection, how important it is in any and all relationships - the ecstatic feelings it gives me to establish these intimate rapports - it is heady romance plain and simple. But it does not exclude the capacity - indeed, need - for romantic attraction outside of the realm of intellectual engagement.

Not so easy for me to answer this poll. Any others that were challenged by it? Complex, complex, complex.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Im Sapiosensual Panromantic .

Shattered-Glass

Romantic Orientation - Bi-romantic

Place in the romantic spectrum - Romantic

Lithoromantic - No

Sapioromantic - No

I am capable of being interested to women, somewhere between a squish and something romantic. I dunno what you'd call that. Also, I think i may have a few Aro traits,quite often I find myself not caring for such things.

~FallingStarsAllAroundUs~

1. Homoromantic

2. Gray-romantic

3. Nope

4. I am not sure.

I voted:

1) bi

2) grey

3) No

4) not sure. Because while stupid people do become uglier they don't become prettier/more interesting the smarter they are. However, the more I like someone the more beautiful they become ...

alicepractice

1. I am not sure -- I've only had minor crushes on 2 people (in elementary and middle school respectively), both of which were male. I made the massive mistake of entering a short online "relationship" with another male this year despite not harboring actual romantic feelings and that person did things that were...a bit emotionally damaging and I don't know if I'll ever be romantically attracted to a guy again because the idea of having a male partner makes me really uncomfortable now. I'd MUCH rather have a girlfriend, truthfully. So it's between biromantic or homoromantic, I suppose.

2. Gray-romantic

3. No

4. I am not sure -- I guess intelligence would factor into whether or not I'm romantically attracted to somebody, but it wouldn't be the main thing so I have no idea.

Per Aspera Ad Astra

1. So I answered panromantic, even though I'm not entirely satisfied with the word. I just believe that you don't fall in love with the gender or the sex of another person. You fall in love with who they are as a human being. I don't care if they're male or female or trans or whatever. All I care about is who they are as a person. Even though I identify as bi/panromantic, I tend to be more attracted by females, but I think that's because women tend to be more in touch with their feelings, and that is very important to me.

2. Romantic. Definitely romantic. I don't believe in love at first sight and all that crap, but I can form romantic feelings pretty quickly.

3. I'm not lithromantic.

4. I was confused by this one, as I wasn't sure what it meant exactly. After I took some time to think about it, I finally decided to say that I am sapioromantic, as I doubt that I could fall in love with someone who wasn't smart or brilliant. I need my friends and my partner to intellectually challenge me, to be able to hold deep philosophical conversations, and theorize about scientific stuff. I have some friends who aren't smart, they're just average, but I still enjoy spending time with them because I have fun. But I need to have more than fun in a deep and lasting relationship.

TheLandsBeyond

Wow. I voted on this probably about a year ago, and my answers have changed a bit.

1. I've redefined my label from biromantic to panromantic. I was hesitant to consider myself pan- before because I'd never felt attracted to anyone of a gender other than male or female. Now I feel confident calling myself panromantic, and I think it looks much better written down than biromantic.

2. Romantic. Same same.

3. I said no, and that's shifted more to unsure. I am now lithromantic towards males, though I think that's due to having been in a manipulative, borderline-abusive relationship. I've never been in a relationship with someone of a different gender, but I don't believe I am lithromantic towards any other gender.

4. Still no. I think.

1. Panromantic

2. WTFromantic (ah yes, almost forgot about that one)

3. Not sure

4. Not sure

I don't think I've ever heard of transromantic before... Could someone explain to me what it is? I feel like I kinda understand it, but the concept doesn't seem too clear to me.

Could someone also explain wtfromantic? Also, to be honest, I get the "dictionary" explanation for romantic orientations, but I'm not fully sure what exactly romantic attraction is.

1. Heteromantic

2. That's where things get complicated. I'm the only person I know like this, but I guess I'm a sexromantic(?). Romantic attraction is near impossible without physical intimacy for me. I can get crushes, but they don't go past that until I've established some level of sexual contact. And I've never fallen in love without first having some form of sex with the person. I'm kind of the opposite of demisexual.

3. No.

4. No.

• 1 month later...
CakeLovingLithromantic

i was pleasantly surprised that Lithromantic was an option as not many people are familiar with it

Homoromantic, Romantic, I'm not sure, and Yes.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

mangosandpinapples

1. Aromantic

2. Aromantic AND grey-aromantic, if thats possible

3. No

4. No

Can I be aromantic and grey-aromantic? I do have romantic fantasies but they never involve me, so I consider myself grey-aromantic.

• 3 weeks later...

-Hetero romantic

-Grey-romantic or Gray-romantic (confused by what to pick on this question so I just picked this tbh)

-No

-No

Archived