• No
    • I am not sure
    • I don't label myself
  4. 4. Do you Identify as Sapioromantic?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure
    • I don't label myself

I'm panromantic, but I think a lot of people can be romantically attracted towards intelligence (sapioromantic). A lot of people find intelligent people beautiful and love to engage in conversations with them.

Thanks for this poll and link to definitions. I can now attest I am a hetero-romantic who is a full romantic and who is strongly attracted on a sapioromantic basis. Clever and smarter girls attract me more and I always found girl wearing glasses to be very very cute as they seem to be more intelligent (this was due to two ex-gfs who were brilliant girls and both wore glasses and were by far the only ones who were not so obsessed with sex).

Lorkhan
Of The Forest

Biromantic, leaning on homoromantic slightly

I like nerds. Nerds are great.

• 2 weeks later...
VindicatorPhoenix

1. Heteroromantic

2. Romantic

3. No

4. No

I would LOVE to cuddle with kitties and a girlfriend. :wub:

I have to be honest & say that I don't understand all of this categorising, I'm a male, I like women, I've Ben single for a long time, I don't rule anything out, but I don't think anything will ever happen for me because of the way I look, the fact that I am very shy & having been on my own for so long, I don't foresee any thing happening in the future as all of the ladies I know are either married, in relationships or sexual, I don't encourage cheating, I don't do sex, that's as much as I know in regard to my romantic orientation

rotanimonedaifg

I'm not totally sure what my romantic orientation is, though I guess heteroromantic is fairly accurate. It's close enough anyways. I'm definitely a romantic person, I'm always feeling those types of feelings. I don't identify as lithromantic, but sapioromantic for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Heteroromantic

2) Romantic

3) Oh hell no - I really want to be in a relationship with someone who actually loves me back, but alas the world seems not to want that for me.

4) Idk

I used to say I was heteroromantic, but I'm not sure any more. Also not sure about the romanticism. I do know that I'm not lithromantic and that I am sapioromantic (for whatever 'strength' of romantic I turn out to be).

• 2 weeks later...

"when I'm attracted to a boy and I look at him or maybe we're talking to each other, and I find myself quickly aroused".

That sounds like sexual attraction, rather than either romantic or sensual attraction to me, anyway. Sensual attraction is when you get the urge to say, cuddle with someone or do other physical but non sexual things with them. Someone else can help you out with romantic attraction, as I can't really describe it.

the only sort of real attraction I have is intense sensual attraction to my girlfriend. we are both ace and both vaguely aromantic but we both have intense need for physical (non sexual) contact

Pirate of Frost

I answered "not sure" to everything.

I'm a very confused person, but that doesn't bother me.

Even thought I don't mind labels, it's not like I need them, either.

I strongly identify as sapioromantic because I am attracted literally only to someone's mind

I feel ya!

When I first got on here I put aromantic in my desc but I meant to type heteromantic. Sorry it was two in the morning and I was tired and didn't notice! xP!

I had to look up some of these, I'll be honest. <.<. I like the sound of sapioromantic, though!

I discovered what my real, visible romantic orientation is, thanks to this very awesome poll. Apparently, after researching those guys from the poll, I realised that I'm closest to polyromantic, which is quite odd for me because I thought I was just heteroromantic back then. When I really thought about it, I also realised that I have some Sapioromantic tendencies as well, so I answered "Not sure" to be safe with it.

:cake: !!

1. Heteroromantic

2. Maybe Demi or Gray sexual? Not sure

3. No

4. At least a little bit, yes. There have been plenty of times when guys I didn't find attractive grew more and more attractive to me whenever they opened their mouths XD For me it's especially witty or clever types

• 2 weeks later...

01. Romantic orientation: panromantic/biromantic. I can never decide which term to use, as both are accurate. if I say I'm biromantic, some people misunderstand and think I'm only romantically attracted to men and women (and not attracted, therefore, to genderqueer or intersex folks, for example, which I can be). if I say I'm panromantic, bisexuals/-romantics are quick to point out that the title "pan-" stems from a fundamental (largely linguistic/colloquial) misunderstanding of bisexuality. anyway, I can fall in love with any gender. Maybe a bit of a lean towards heteroromanticism.

02. Placement in the romantic spectrum: romantic. I've had crushes on people but I've never said/enacted anything because I'm too scared of rejection and intimidated by what a romantic relationship would entail (esp. with a sexual individual).

03. Do you identify as lithromantic? I had to google this one. I did not know this was a thing! I am definitely not lithromantic.

04. Do you identify as sapioromantic? I also had to google this one. While I do enjoy the company of intelligent folks and while I think it might contribute to my ability to be romantically/aesthetically attracted to others, I don't think it's a necessary or sufficient aspect of me liking someone. Voted as "not sure" for now. Interesting to read about, though.

nolongeractive

I'm definitely heteromantic and feel attraction to guys, mainly because I can just relate with them better than other girls and feel more comfortable around them. Like i have said though, both the romantic and other attraction goes away just at the thought of having sex O_o As odd as it is, nature works in mysterious ways and that's awesome ^_^ I am still unsure about the other stuff on the poll, time to do my research!

Mal Makalaster

1. Polyromantic; I'm doing a lot of discovering today and I might be Transromantic. I only felt a strong romantic attraction to transgendered people so far by just their looks and appearance. I don't think I can change my vote, maybe a moderator can.

2. Demiromantic

3. No

4. Yes

Lambda Corvus

1. Polyromantic; I'm doing a lot of discovering today and I might be Transromantic. I only felt a strong romantic attraction to transgendered people so far by just their looks and appearance. I don't think I can change my vote, maybe a moderator can.

2. Demiromantic

3. No

4. Yes

The moderators are not in the business of changing votes. Sure, they can, but are generally wary of it, for a variety of reasons.

Also, we can't change our own votes, which is a bummer for me as so much has changed with how I understand my lack of romantic attraction.

I really don't know what any of those romantic orientations are. Can someone link me to where i can find the definitions on this site? or refer me to other information about this? plz and thanks

Lambda Corvus

I really don't know what any of those romantic orientations are. Can someone link me to where i can find the definitions on this site? or refer me to other information about this? plz and thanks

There is a stickied lexicon thread right here. Why does nobody ever notice the stickies?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't recognise much of the terminology. But I thought I'd give it a go anyway. I'm asexual, possibly pan romantic as I'm drawn to both men and women. I'm me.

• 2 weeks later...

I identify as grey-aromantic and grey-asexual....I could be demi but I'm unsure. For simplicity's sake I may identify as aromantic and asexual as that is what I feel mostly and is easier for most to comprehend. I picked "Aromantic" and "Unsure" for the rest.

HomoRomantic <3

DemiRomantic <3

Tendencies <3

Tendencies <3

In all realness, I don't want a relationship based on sex, I don't need sex, I've had sex, lots of it, stinky sweaty crazy sex.

yet no emotion was felt,Mostly because I felt it was expected... you know from birth we are brainwashed to be like our neighbors.

It takes a true warrior to define and align themselves with their true destiny's and realities.What I enjoy is friendships/relationships it's something hard to find these days everyone is so struck on sex. I just want Romance, to feel the way I did when I was young. I had a best friend and we did everything together, we went everywhere together. I want to find that again and with someone who doesn't lean towards sexual endeavors.. I like females so I've come out as gay often i think and ponder how I'm not so sexually based and how I wished I could find someone who felt the same,so I feel like I fall into the Asexual world. It isn't so much being excepted by a group it is more so excepting myself and being in contact with people who enjoy me as a person no matter what i like, believe or enjoy. I'm working on finding like minds. After seeing the film (A)sexual , HomoRomantic just started singing to me. <3

-S

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I'm biromantic, since I'm interested in girls just as much as boys, but I feel like I fall under "WTFromantic" because I love my best friend to death where I don't ever want to leave her and I'm just happy being around her and such. But if we ever got into a relationship that was beyond friendship, I'm iffy about the romance part of it because I've never experienced that type of romance before...? :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Kellykinsss

1. I am not sure

2. WTFromantic

3. No
4. No

I have been trying to figure out where I am on the romantic-aromantic spectrum for so long. It's like every time I think I have figured it out something has made me reevaluate where I stand so I finally just decided to identify as WTFromantic because it's MUCH easier.

• 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of heteroromantics who want their feelings to be reciprocated and it makes me happy because I'm one of them! lol

1. Heteroromantic

2. I am not sure

3. No

4. No

binary suns

just solid aromantic.

Archived