• No
    • I am not sure
    • I don't label myself
  4. 4. Do you Identify as Sapioromantic?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure
    • I don't label myself

I originally voted Heteroromantic, I am not sure, No, and No, but if someone could change Heteroromantic to Aromantic that would be great.

Having said all that... I could also be Aromantic in which case..ignore the rest (unless one counts crushes as romantic attraction? :huh: )

D

I think most people here define crushes as being romantic attraction. Squish is the word for crushes that aren't romantic in nature.

Really? Hmmm.. Squish..never heard of it apart from here. Well, I never considered my crushes to be romantic that's why the lithromantic works fine for me.. But just as thinking people good looking or even sexy doesn't make me sexual, liking someone a lot doesn't make it romantic sooo, the argument for me being actually aromantic still stands. It also throws up the question: lithromantic = aromantic??

I feel like polyromantic should maybe also be its own category... As in, do you identify as polyromantic or monoromanic? I feel like someone can be polyromantic but also only romantically attracted to men or something. Does that make sense?

Edit: In an oops moment, I didn't realize there were five pages here. I don't have time to read them all, so I'm sorry if this already came up! I just had a moment when filling it out when I couldn't decide whether to say panromantic or polyromantic; I can be romantically attracted to any gender, as well as to more than one person at a time. Others may be romantically attracted to any gender, but only one at a time, or to only a certain gender but poly, or mono... etc.

There doesn't appear to be a choice for "Stupid, Never-Successful Romantic"

That's because no one's stupid, and you're only 100% guaranteed to be unsuccessful if you never try ;)

JosephVNewman

no one's stupid

Except some people are. I count stupid as being someone that has the ability to learn something and refuses to or otherwise chooses to stay in ignorance. Ignorant is how we're all born, but to refuse knowledge (like many people upon hearing about asexuality, for instance) is what makes one stupid. And there are by that definition a lot of stupid people.

Lambda Corvus

I. Not sure. I used to identify as heteroromantic because it was all I knew. I've been reflecting on qualities that cause me to be romantically attracted to a person and few of them are truly feminine. I've been attracted to androgynous or agendered individuals in the past, however. I think panromantic with preferences may be a more accurate label for me, but I'm still exploring; as I've also been exploring the possibility that I _may_ be just a little agendered, heteroromantic no longer completely makes sense.

II. Not sure. I go through phases where I believe I am romantic, but I do seem to prefer relationships with people after knowing them for a long time. Sometimes I desire no romance at all. So, I am exploring identifying with aromanticism, greyromanticism, and/or demiromanticism.

III. No

IV. I don't really label myself here, though I don't doubt others may find it useful. Intellectual attraction is a big part of my attraction to a person and is definitely more important than their physical qualities, but I can't be attracted to a person purely because they are intelligent.

Answering this poll has really helped me to see how many fundamental aspects of myself I am certain about.

I would consider myself aromantic in the same sense I call myself an agnostic atheist. It's actually a bit harder to tell if I'm aromantic than I am asexual because it's entirely possible that I just haven't met someone that would make me have those "feelings" for them, but at present, I don't have any inclinations towards romantic feelings for other people, and can't see myself in that position. I generally don't like romantic relationships. I prefer relationship equality. It's a bit different from asexuality because I just ask myself if I want to have sex with someone else, and 100% of the time, the answer is just simply no. So I'm aromantic in the sense that I'm currently not interested and don't see myself interested in the future, but don't know if there exists someone out there I could have feelings for, and just haven't met them. I'd be perfectly fine not meeting them though.

Hahaha, wow. Half of these don't exist.

You can't be "gray-romantic" for a start. That makes even less sense than "gray-asexuals"

"Demiromantic?" Really? So you can only be romantically attracted to someone after you're already romantically close with them? What?

"Sapioromantic" is the same as "Sapiosexual" - it's not an orientation, it's "I'm an elitist who refuses to date people who I deem unintelligent". It's a fetish at the most.

I have no idea what "Androromantic" "Polyromantic" "Transromantic" or "Lithromantic" are but I'm assuming they're equally stupid.

It's like a completely new layer of AVEN-brand special snowflakeism. A+. Can't wait to see what pops up next.

On topic: I'm aromantic, but according to this list I'm probably Polydemigrayromantic because I'm actually in a relationship. Oh wow, don't I sound quirky and unique now?

Funny that you think the aforementioned terms are an AVEN brand of special snowflakeism when you can find downright crazy terms on tumblr.

So you're saying it's impossible for people to have feelings for someone unless they fall in love at first sight?

JosephVNewman

You can't be "gray-romantic" for a start. That makes even less sense than "gray-asexuals"

"Demiromantic?" Really? So you can only be romantically attracted to someone after you're already romantically close with them? What?

"Sapioromantic" is the same as "Sapiosexual" - it's not an orientation, it's "I'm an elitist who refuses to date people who I deem unintelligent". It's a fetish at the most.

I have no idea what "Androromantic" "Polyromantic" "Transromantic" or "Lithromantic" are but I'm assuming they're equally stupid.

It's like a completely new layer of AVEN-brand special snowflakeism. A+. Can't wait to see what pops up next.

On topic: I'm aromantic, but according to this list I'm probably Polydemigrayromantic because I'm actually in a relationship. Oh wow, don't I sound quirky and unique now?

I'm demiromantic. It is literally impossible for me to feel romantically about a stranger or anyone below a certain threshold of friendship. It is a real thing.

Sapioromantic is attraction to intelligence itself, not to intelligent people. Get your terms right before thinking it doesn't exist.

Demiromantic is about being emotionally close (such as friendship) before romantic attraction happens, not romantically close. Androromantic is being attraction to male or masculine people, polyromantic means attraction to most but not all genders and is in-between bi and pan, transromantic is attraction only to trans* people, and I don't remember lithromantic's definition exactly. It's extremely rude to tell an entire group of people that they're elitist, and even ruder to decide to cast judgement on labels you don't even know the meaning of.

If you are aromantic, then you are aromantic. AVEN's big on the idea that behavior doesn't change orientation, so you'd still be aromantic if you were in a romantic relationship. If one was to be poly-demiromantic (Demi is a subset of gray, so listing both is like saying Labrador-dog) that would simply mean one can be romantically attracted only to people they are close to, and most but not all genders/sexes, the label isn't dependent on one's relationship status.

It's pretty rich of you to be on a forum for asexuals and tell someone their identity doesn't exist.

1) Aromantic

2) Aromantic

3) Nope, never heard of it until now though.

4) Yes... kinda? i'm only attracted to people based on their intellect and if i find them unique/interesting, but not in a romantic way, hm.

JosephVNewman

1) Aromantic

2) Aromantic

3) Nope, never heard of it until now though.

4) Yes... kinda? i'm only attracted to people based on their intellect and if i find them unique/interesting, but not in a romantic way, hm.

As for #4, That term is about attraction to the intelligence itself, not to intelligent people.

Hetro

A romantic ( I think?)

Don't know the term

Also don't term

Edit - So many terms to Google. I love how complex asexuality is!

Would somebody mind changing my votes?

Old answers

1. Heteroromantic

2. Romantic

3. No

4.. Not sure

New answers:

1. Biromantic

2. Demiromantic

3. No

4. No.

Would somebody mind changing my votes?

Old answers

1. Heteroromantic

2. Romantic

3. No

4.. Not sure

New answers:

1. Biromantic

2. Demiromantic

3. No

4. No.

Done.

Split off topic posts and moved them to JFF.

5_DC,

Romantic and Aromantic Orientations Moderator.

1) biromantic (This was the closest I could get, given I'm not sure whether or not I'm panromantic yet, and I'm still exploring possible homoromanticism. This may change, is what I mean.)

2) not sure (Greyromantic could fit, but again, I'm still sorting it all out.)

3) nope

4) also nope (Intelligence is great, but it's not a prerequisite for attraction for me.)

Does anybody think it's possible to be biromantic and grey-bisexual, but homosensual? Romantic and grey-bi attraction to both genders exists, but sensual attraction happens only for same-gender folks? Or am I just odd?

• 1 month later...
Aradia Megido

1. Polyromantic (I think)

2 I have absolutely no idea

3 No

4 I don't think so, although I do look for intelligence when I consider dating someone

everythingelse

where is the cat-romantic option? . . . :ph34r:

JK. I am not sure I got these right but I answered:

1. heteroromantic - because I prefer someone of the opposite sex if there is going to be anything romantic

2. demiromantic - because I don't usually care or want anything romantic but maybe once in a blue moon?

3. No - I actually feel the opposite. I think all my relationships have been because the person is more interested in me, not ever has it been I am more interested in them.

4. Yes - If there is nothing I can relate to or get interested in with your mind/personality, don't bother. At all. Ever.

iamphoenixfire

Demi-hetero-sapio here! Pretty dang nice :)

everythingelse

Cat-romantic? Are you serious?

No, I'm just poking fun at all the options. It was a bit overwhelming to learn what they all mean from the lexicon page. But I do love my cat! In a strictly member-of-my-family-love way.

Okay. Just saw your edit.

Your second answer describes gray romanticism. Demi romantics only experience romantic attraction after developing a close bond.

Heteroromantic

Demiromantic

No

Not sure

I actually had a hard time with this one. I didn't even know what lithromantic and sapioromantic meant and had to look them up. v~v Also I'm still not sure if I'm romantic or demiromantic. :l I guess this poll forced me to really look at myself and try harder to figure myself out. Still not sure but this is good, I'm sort of getting somewhere lol Also still AAW for a few more hours (at least for me) so it's a good use of the final moments of AAW. c:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man...I don't think I'm ready to answer this poll yet...

I'm either a demi-pan-lith romantic, or aromantic. It's hard to tell if my past "crushes" were really crushes or just squishes. From what I remember, I mainly just wanted them to like me a lot, to be more than friends (maybe just best friends?), but I didn't really want to enter a romantic relationship with them. But I did suffer (lol) from the symptoms that many romantic people talk about. I felt anxious and awkward when I was around them and thought about them a lot when they weren't around. But...maybe they really were crushes, but I just have commitment issues? I don't know!

As for sapioromantic, I'm not sure about this term. The definition of intelligence is pretty broad, and I'm not sure that it's efficient to create a separate orientation for what seems to me to be a personality preference. So while I do highly value intelligence in a friendship/relationship/whatever, I wouldn't personally identify with the term. Of course, to each their own, and I have no objection if someone wants to use it for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived