Asexual Dating

Lauren M.

For me, dating another asexual would be great. The only problem is that I'm not comfortable "online dating." I might be able to get used to it, but I like being able to feel another persons emotions and that's hard to do over the Internet. Also, I love cuddling and such but I don't think I enjoy kissing so much. Does that still make me heteroromantic? I don't think I could see myself dating a sexual, because I would feel guilty if they gave up sex for me. I've already been in that position once and the more you care about someone the more guilty I feel for depriving them of it.

Notte stellata

You're heteroromantic as long as you're romantically attracted to the opposite gender. It doesn't matter what kind of physical intimacy you like or don't like.

Online dating is just another way to meet new people. If you think the face-to-face interaction is important, you can just arrange to meet up quickly.

Besides online dating, there are also other ways to meet potential asexual partners, such as ace meetups, or maybe you'll meet someone special from AVEN, like many AVEN couples have done. :)

I have had trouble dating as an ace. Especially Aces. I would do the online thing pay a lot to see them and later be told nevermind. After my last one I swore never to try to date again. And lo and behold without looking for it I found a sexual who loves me and never pressures me to do anything I don't want to. She puts anything Physical as "your lead." It finds you unexpectedly

Just don't lose hope.

Online dating is harder, especially for asexual people. Hard to find an asexual in person too unless you construct a meet-up. It's like we are all spaced out D: Sigh...I know how you feel. I sometimes wish I wasn't asexual. Hardly anyone out there. I don't think I would be comfortable dating a "sexual".

You're heteroromantic as long as you're romantically attracted to the opposite gender. It doesn't matter what kind of physical intimacy you like or don't like.

Online dating is just another way to meet new people. If you think the face-to-face interaction is important, you can just arrange to meet up quickly.

Besides online dating, there are also other ways to meet potential asexual partners, such as ace meetups, or maybe you'll meet someone special from AVEN, like many AVEN couples have done. :)

I'm don't think I am romantically attracted to any gender though. I fancy people, but not in a romantic sense. Online dating / meeting someone from a website makes me uncomfortable regardless of the circumstance. I might attend a meetup but I would hate to go alone and I'm sure my friends wouldn't be interesting in that kind of thing.

a.p.anderson89

I don't know. I went to High school with another Ace. We didn't know about a sexuality back then, and we knew each other but didn't really talk. I found her on ace-book and we caught up.

I don't see myself dating her, but it's kind of cool to know I wasn't alone.

I've gone on a few dates from online. Only one relationship though. It wasn't really physical either.

• 8 months later...

I don't know. I went to High school with another Ace. We didn't know about a sexuality back then, and we knew each other but didn't really talk. I found her on ace-book and we caught up.

I don't see myself dating her, but it's kind of cool to know I wasn't alone.

I've gone on a few dates from online. Only one relationship though. It wasn't really physical either.

That's really cool! There is a girl who I think went to my high school who is ace, but she lives out of state now. Since I posted this topic I have kind of explored the dating world, and I'm still not sure if I'm heteromantic or homoromantic but I do know that I enjoy kissing lol and physical closeness. Yay to learning more about myself!

Archived