Article in Grazia Magazine (UK edition)?

A bit of a random post (I hope I put it in the right place), but I'm sitting on the train, notice someone in front of me is reading Grazia magazine and one of the featured articles is titled "Rise of the Asexuals". I was wondering if anyone has come accross it or read it yet? I'm quite curious to know what was said and thought I should point it out anyway in case anyone was interested (please excuse my typos >.> I'm vey bad at writing on my phone).

"Rise of the Asexuals"? It sounds like we are trying to take over or something... OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT! ELECT CAKE!

this is the only thing I could find on tumblr:

Grazia

Aw man, I really want to read that article now.

I really want to read it too! Shame there hardly seems to be much info about it. I did find one more piece of info though on their website:

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/LatestIssue/archive/2012/07/17/in-this-weeks-issue--katie-holmes-new-divorce-hell--harry-styles-chat-up-lines-p.htm

Cerys Hillier is a typical 20-something - yet she's never experienced sexual desire. And a controversial new book, out next month, reveals there are millions more like her. So what is behind this rise in asexuality?

I just hope they've portrayed asexuality in a positive light and a normal orientation to have rather than singling us out as something strange >.< The wording they've used worries me a bit I'm just hoping they have a well balanced article. It'd be nice to know what was written or if the community was mentioned or anything or even actual statistics or something.

Edited by yuuyami
Electric Barbarella

"Rise of the Asexuals"? It sounds like we are trying to take over or something... OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT! ELECT CAKE!

Interesting name, indeed. I wonder about the content of the article now... :lol:

Interesting name, indeed. I wonder about the content of the article now... :lol:

Haha!! We'll take over the world!! >8D with cake! :cake: <3

Ah I found some more info from the tumblr of the person who was interviewed!

http://felicitate-me.tumblr.com/post/27399404591/the-main-picture-and-headline-of-the-grazia

This makes me feel a lot more positive about the article now :D

Edited by yuuyami
Electric Barbarella

Haha!! We'll take over the world!! >8D with cake! :cake: <3

Ah I found some more info from the tumblr of the person who was interviewed!

http://felicitate-me.tumblr.com/post/27399404591/the-main-picture-and-headline-of-the-grazia

This makes me feel a lot more positive about the article now :D

Oh, nice. Now I definitely wish I could read the article. Too bad I can't buy the magazine. D:

Dame du Lac

I spotted this in Boots this evening so bought a copy. Article is short and to the point (Grazia is predominantly a weekly fashion mag) and Cerys and Jessie come across as perfectly normal young ladies. The tone is quite matter of fact about asexuality being one of those things like homosexuality and treats virginity, procreative sex, sex as a trade off for intimacy as nothing to provoke a reaction to. Also David Jay is featured talking about Aven and Anthony Bogaert and his book Understanding Asexuality are mentioned.

All in all a good article for the magazine.

I spotted this in Boots this evening so bought a copy. Article is short and to the point (Grazia is predominantly a weekly fashion mag) and Cerys and Jessie come across as perfectly normal young ladies. The tone is quite matter of fact about asexuality being one of those things like homosexuality and treats virginity, procreative sex, sex as a trade off for intimacy as nothing to provoke a reaction to. Also David Jay is featured talking about Aven and Anthony Bogaert and his book Understanding Asexuality are mentioned.

Anyone know who Cerys and Jessie are?

Electric Barbarella

Cool! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Cool! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

:D wow this makes me happy too!

Thanks for sharing! :lol: Sounds like we may soon get more visibility as Anthony Bogaert's book Understanding Asexuality comes out in August! :cake:

Guest member25959

Seems that Grazia doesn't publish their content online, but they gave us this

Cerys Hillier is a typical 20-something - yet she's never experienced sexual desire. And a controversial new book, out next month, reveals there are millions more like her. So what is behind this rise in asexuality?
  • 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if someone in the UK could find that magazine and maybe scan the article so they can share it with the rest of Aven, since it's not online (hint-hint). :)

• 2 weeks later...