Is it normal for females to masturbate?

Abbey Normal

I own a couple of vibrators and use them semi-frequently. Not because I have to but because I like to. I don't have any sex guilt to speak of, so I don't feel bad about it. As for whether it's normal, I think for many girls it is, but like others have said, girls are less likely to acknowledge they're masturbating (like that girl in Something Positive who called it "cuddling" herself). I think you should do it if you want to and not do it if you don't want to. For me it's purely about self enjoyment. And if it doesn't please you, no reason to bother with it.

All the ladies who don't; you should. All those who don't because they feel bad about it; I can give you a hand. I don't mind touching; I just don't like being touched.

All the ladies who don't; you should. All those who don't because they feel bad about it; I can give you a hand. I don't mind touching; I just don't like being touched.

Two things wrong with that -

1) They don't have to.

2) A lot of them probably don't like being touched as much as you do.

I'm just trying to define myself here too. But still, they should. It helps one to get to sleep, and if i can quote someone, though I can't remember who, "It beats sitting on cold rocks."

PeterMacKenzie
girls are less likely to acknowledge they're masturbating (like that girl in Something Positive who called it "cuddling" herself)

Reminds me of a girl who refused to acknowledge that we were having sex.

Her: "We're not having sex."

Me: "So, what was that just there?"

Her: "Mutual masturbation, not sex"

Me: "Hang on, I'm thrusting inside you and it's not sex? :?"

Her: "Yes, it's mutual masturbation"

:roll:

Cate Perfect

Peter, that is the most blatant example of denial I have ever heard! :lol:

Cate

Mutual masturbation. *scoffs* Why would you deny having sex? I mean, if you're ashamed of something, you shouldn't be doing it. But I am a hypocrite so I guess I shouldn't be talking... :lol:

Cate Perfect

Obviously, Peter. I wonder what her definition of 'sex' is, then.

Cate

Abbey Normal
Clicked on asexuality but all that pops up is masstroublation :cry:

Actually, you clicked on a thread that says, "Is it normal for females to masturbate?" :lol:

Abbey Normal, who does it solo

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you think that females are not supposed to enjoy sex?

Girls have been encouraged not to masturbate, punished for masturbating, and had their clitorises surgically excised to prevent any chance of masturbation. Is this what you advocate?

Either I tell you a lie, or I get tarred and feathered, so I will stay quiet.

• 2 months later...
Lady Heartilly

Nobody told me I was supposed to. I mean, after your born, your parents tell you how to go to the bathroom, eat, get dressed, do your homework, etc. Nobody told me I was supposed to masturbate so I didn't even know the concept existed until fairly recently and I still have no desire to do it even though my mom keeps insisting that she saw me doing it one time when I was 6 so I must be sexual and just not realize it. :roll:

theblackwatch
Nobody told me I was supposed to. I mean, after your born, your parents tell you how to go to the bathroom, eat, get dressed, do your homework, etc. Nobody told me I was supposed to masturbate so I didn't even know the concept existed until fairly recently and I still have no desire to do it even though my mom keeps insisting that she saw me doing it one time when I was 6 so I must be sexual and just not realize it. :roll:

It's a bit sad to assume those things, based on the actions of a 6-year-old.

Male babies get erections all the time, but this doen't mean anything. It is a Work of Nature...

About masturbation: I don't feel emberrassed (spelled correctly?) when talking about it on the net, or on the phone, or via sms, but I would be if I were talking to someone directly.

It is part the tradition of the Church that we are shaking off: it used to be forbidden, all of it.

Vicious Trollop

My three-year-old niece does it constantly. She calls it 'the thing that makes me happy.' She knows what she's doing.

theblackwatch
My three-year-old niece does it constantly. She calls it 'the thing that makes me happy.' She knows what she's doing.

Right, so not only male, female babies (small children) too... Another mystery solved !

A lot of young kids actually do it. My youngest brother used to play with himself in the bath. Never managed to reac naything since at 4 his body wouldn't but yes we jhave this idea of children being all sweet and innocent but they do masturbate.

I never did as a child (though I do sometimes now) which might explain some things....

my mom keeps insisting that she saw me doing it one time when I was 6 so I must be sexual and just not realize it. :roll:

My mother was the same way until I told her I was asexual. But back when I just showed no interest in anything, she held it up as proof. Except apparently I was a baby when it happened.. like.. younger than 1. I have no memory of this, obviously.

I don't masturbate. Can't. But I never really went out of my way to try, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Heartilly: I've stolen my parent's money when I was 11. But it still didn't make me a thief to this time. That you've done something once soo long ago doesn't mean you should be the same all the time.

I think that lately for me masturbation is off-topic. I don't do it. Even I woke up two mornings with hand somewhere, I didn't feel inclined to continue when I realized it. I think that maybe between masturbation made by sex drive (physical) and masturbation that was created by mental processes/ mental interest there is a difference....

I feel much better when I have no sex drive manifesting in fully conscious state of mind. I don't care about the uncounscious unless it gets me into trashy situations. I feel it is such a bless not to be bothered by it.... as not being bothered by *any* sexual thoughts. I can spend more time thinking about power and such things that too seem to rule the world, yay.

I think that children* don't do it for it being something sexual, they don't realize it is *sexual*, just realize it is *physically pleasing*- one more argument as to why NOT to label things- we imply to something sexual connotations, but what if the truth is just that that something is physically pleasing and nothing more? Why to bother with "this is sexual" and "this is not sexual touch"?

*by that sentence, I am remembering at my own childhood and think about what I have seen in my brother when he was younger. Not too many people to count, I know.

• 4 years later...

I do it all the time since I was a little girl and the fact that I enjoy masturbating so much whereas I dont enjoy at all having sex with some else is why I label myself as asexual-autoerotic .

WhenSummersGone

I've been doing it since I was 12, even before I knew what masturbating was. I enjoy it quite a lot but it's still not something I do every day. Just whenever I'm bored or very aroused and I have to deal with it. I'd much rather masturbate than have sex. Sex is useless to me

According to my human sexuality class, about 98% of males and 75% of females will masturbate in their lifetime. It is perfectly normal and it is even good for you according to several studies.

Anyone else notice a 5 year gap between posts in this thread? Yowsers!

Masturbation is normal in general and healthy :lol: About 99% of my female friends masturbate or have masturbated in the past. Female masturbation is just as normal as male masturbation except men are more open about it because they think of sex more than women do and female masturbation is more intense than male masturbation :P Some women masturbate out of boredom or to just relieve stress :P And about the clothes thing, I never really felt anything from my clothes before...? :blink: They say that when you sneeze, you get 1/4th of an orgasm xD So I guess everyone orgasmed in the world :lol: But yeah, I'm a woman but I never masturbated in my life because it never appeals me, it disgusts me and I'm just scared, which is pretty sad >.> Lol. For someone who has never masturbated before, I have had a few girls come to me and ask me about masturbation :blink: :lol: It's a bit awkward to ask an asexual to be your untrained sex therapist :P

• 2 years later...

It is very different for me because I go to church and they tell us we shouldn't masturbate but I am 20 years old and I like to masturbate and get an orgasm but afterwards I feel bad that I do it but I still do it anyways because it feels good .in my mind it is normal for me to masturbate

GoldenLillies

Yeah it's completely normal for girls to masturbate. I know that all my friends do it though it's completely normal if you don't want to do it either. :)

This thread hasn't been active for a long time and is now being locked to avoid thread necromancy. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

Lia

Asexual Q&A Mod