Video of the conference

Hi,

Nat Titman here!

I had a fantastic time at the conference. Thanks again to the organisers for inviting me to guest and doing such a brilliant job of making everything run so smoothly.

I understand that the entire conference was filmed and will be made available soon. A friend of mine also filmed and provided me with the footage of my opening talk on the beginnings of the asexual movement. You can see that video in two parts on DailyMotion here:

Please feel free to pass these on to anyone who wasn't able to make it to the conference.

I'm also planning to record an extended version of the talk including high resolution versions of the slides and a transcript for release in the next few weeks.

It was great to meet so many people at the Pride march and conference. My apologies to anyone I didn't get a chance to talk to. I'll try to make it out to more meet ups and events in the future!

Thanks,

Nat.

Ah, nice! I think I'll share that on the dutch forum. I thought it was very intresting. :)

[Oh gosh, that music was so horrendous.]

Electric Barbarella

I loved your presentation, Nat! It was really interesting to learn more about the beginnings of our online community, especially as I wasn't around them (and wouldn't learn of asexuality for a couple of years yet). :)

I look forward to the extended version of your talk too!

This conference was such a blast~ Thanks for everyone who made it possible!

Thanks, Nat **suuuuuuuper-hugs**

I shared the videos on AVENitaly ^_^

A name is required

Hi nat!

first of all thanks to the amazing talk you gave!!! and for being there and talking with all of us :)

and thanks for the video...

a small question. is it possible uploading this amazing talk to YouTube? (in YouTube we can try and write subtitles to this talk in all language possible, which can be comfortable to non-English ace's )

Musical distractions aside, it was an excellent start to the day, bravo Nat! Fingers crossed for a Notts meet soon.

lunasspecto

I've downloaded the two videos from DailyMotion and remuxed them into a single video file (without re-encoding) at a total filesize of 328.5 MB. I can make this available to folks for now if Nat doesn't mind.

Electric Barbarella

AHAHAHA, gosh. I'm laughing so hard. My fucking red beret just seems to pop up in every picture in that video. :lol: Yeah. Next time, no beret for me. XD

Still better than having to hear your own voice (incl. accent). :blink: :P

Electric Barbarella

Ah, in the first video, you mean? Sorry, I didn't watch the whole thing again, just bits and pieces, so I missed that. But why do you dislike hearing your voice...? :P

Ah, in the first video, you mean? Sorry, I didn't watch the whole thing again, just bits and pieces, so I missed that. But why do you dislike hearing your voice...? :P

It's too cute, he can't stand it :P

In all honesty though, I can't stand the sound of my own recorded voice either XD

In all honesty though, I can't stand the sound of my own recorded voice either XD

I don't mind it myself, I'm just caught thinking "So THAT's what I sound like?"

Electric Barbarella

Same here. I'm always mostly surprised with how young I sound (like a little girl, yeah, haha). But then again, I got used to it with the singing lessons, when they made me sing and recorded it for me to hear back. :lol: It was embarrassing at first, but later... *shrug*

Same here. I'm always mostly surprised with how young I sound (like a little girl, yeah, haha). But then again, I got used to it with the singing lessons, when they made me sing and recorded it for me to hear back. :lol: It was embarrassing at first, but later... *shrug*

I don't know, there's a lilt in my voice I don't like so much. But yeah, maybe I just need to listen to myself more, lol.

Electric Barbarella

I don't know, there's a lilt in my voice I don't like so much. But yeah, maybe I just need to listen to myself more, lol.

Could be. :) It's always a bit strange to hear our own voice when it doesn't come from "within". Takes a bit of getting use to, but that's about it, I guess.

I've downloaded the two videos from DailyMotion and remuxed them into a single video file (without re-encoding) at a total filesize of 328.5 MB. I can make this available to folks for now if Nat doesn't mind.

Could I get a copy of that? Webcam links fail on my computer.

Edit: works now. For some reason. My plugins had crashed.

Just watched it! Thank you for the lovely conference! :cake:

Boo42069yomomma

Before this video loaded, I got an ad for birth control. They know their target audience!

• 10 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator