Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

That is very nice! Looks a lot like one of the ones I just made, too! Two rows of double crochet lengthwise, approximately 2 yards long. I made a second one that is one row of double crochet as well. But first I made MY scarf, which is around 9' long and horizontally striped as an homage to the 4th Doctor. ^__^

I went back and forth trying to decide between double crochet and hdc, and ended up doing 3 rows per color of hdc. If I ever make more I might try DC and see which I like better.

I like using hdc, it tends to feel a tad softer to me. They look awesome!

iamtheeyesinside

Just finished making mine! Anodized aluminum, and it's super simple, but it's my first time working with that size rings so it was kinda a practice thing.

Photo if anyone wants to see:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8fefde204c1a648c5b2555a785fd9686/tumblr_mj6az8bJaW1rbwti2o1_500.jpg

(mods, not sure what the policy is on linking vs. embedding photos, so if you need/want to change it that's cool)

Very nice! Love the filigree and the open pattern - the tungsten carbide job I've got is fine, but yours gets the message across without lugging the equivalent of a one-inch nut around.

Thanks! I'm thinking about adding a couple more rows to make it wider, but I'm not sure if I want more black or if I want to add purple to the mix.

Fluttershy13

I've never done hdc, I'll have to try it. Double seemed pretty standard for a scarf, and I used Homespun yarn (Lion), so it's super cuddly. I might keep the skinny one, actually...

I'm moving this "The Asexy Black Ring" to Asexual Musings and Rantings, where there's a topic it can easily be merged with.

Qutenkuddly

The thread 'The Asexy Black Ring' has been merged with this one.

Qutenkuddly,

Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderator

Lambda Corvus

Well ... my ring showed up around three weeks ago. It was too small so I tried to exchange it. The seller seemed eager to facilitate me, and offered a full exchange. After not hearing from them or receiving the replacement, I became a little worried. I contacted the seller, but they abruptly terminated all contact. Amazon has issued a full refund, but I still feel stupid.

I should have known that my purchase was a bad one. I should have known that the severely 'discounted' price and poor English were indicators that something nefarious was about. Now, I learn that many people have experienced a whole host of problems with so-called tungsten rings from Amazon and other places.

Is there anyone out there who has purchased a black tungsten ring (and has worn it for some time) who is happy with it? As in, no scratches or wearing of the black colour? Can you point me in a good direction? Do you think that there are any good ones for <=$50?

-Al

Oh look, another ring thread we can merge in Musirants.

Moving this thread from Asexua Q&A to Asexual Musings and Rantings.

Qutenkuddly

The 'Black Ring' thread has been merged with this one.

Qutenkuddly,

Asexual Musings and Rantings Moderator

Striped Sweater

Well ... my ring showed up around three weeks ago. It was too small so I tried to exchange it. The seller seemed eager to facilitate me, and offered a full exchange. After not hearing from them or receiving the replacement, I became a little worried. I contacted the seller, but they abruptly terminated all contact. Amazon has issued a full refund, but I still feel stupid.

I should have known that my purchase was a bad one. I should have known that the severely 'discounted' price and poor English were indicators that something nefarious was about. Now, I learn that many people have experienced a whole host of problems with so-called tungsten rings from Amazon and other places.

Is there anyone out there who has purchased a black tungsten ring (and has worn it for some time) who is happy with it? As in, no scratches or wearing of the black colour? Can you point me in a good direction? Do you think that there are any good ones for <=$50?

-Al

May I ask who the seller was? I'm having pretty much the same problem. I ordered a tungsten carbide ring from Amazon. It was pretty much exactly what I wanted, but I didn't see any half sizes, so I ordered the next size up. I got my ring, but it was way too big to be manageable. I sent it back and they said that the size I requested (a half size) would be on back order for one to two weeks. Three weeks later and no replacement. I e-mailed them to ask what the deal was, and they said it was still on back order and they would contact me when it was available. That was four weeks ago. I found one just like the one I ordered that comes in my size so I think I'll just order that and tell the other seller I'm not interested anymore.

Fluttershy13

I got my ring from amazon for cheap. It's not tungsten, but titanium. It was $6 or $8 with shipping from Jinique. I had no problems canceling my first order with them (before it shipped) to get this one instead. I'm very happy with my ring.

-Al

Um, well, I bought a black tungsten ring from Amazon from a seller called Bling Jewelry and it cost around $18 after shipping was added. I've been wearing it 24/7 for about a week or so now. It's not a long time to be wearing it, but it came quickly when I ordered it, fits nicely, and doesn't have any scratches that I can see (and I tend to hit my hands on a lot of things). It's gotten several good reviews. As far as I can tell, it's a pretty high quality ring. The only downside I can see is that this specific ring only goes up to size 11 and it doesn't have any half-sizes, but some of their other rings go up to size 13 or 14.

http://www.amazon.com/Bling-Jewelry-Tungsten-Carbide-Unisex/dp/B005HPQEWG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363268891&sr=8-5&keywords=black+ring

• Like 1
TuesMorning

-Al

I've bought three of these from the seller: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WKDGS2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've lost so much weight I've gone from 14 to 13.5 to 13. Quick shipping.

I'm very happy with it, no scratches or wearing as of yet. And I'll scrape it against metal, brick, and anything else.

Striped Sweater

-Al

Um, well, I bought a black tungsten ring from Amazon from a seller called Bling Jewelry and it cost around $18 after shipping was added. I've been wearing it 24/7 for about a week or so now. It's not a long time to be wearing it, but it came quickly when I ordered it, fits nicely, and doesn't have any scratches that I can see (and I tend to hit my hands on a lot of things). It's gotten several good reviews. As far as I can tell, it's a pretty high quality ring. The only downside I can see is that this specific ring only goes up to size 11 and it doesn't have any half-sizes, but some of their other rings go up to size 13 or 14.

http://www.amazon.com/Bling-Jewelry-Tungsten-Carbide-Unisex/dp/B005HPQEWG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363268891&sr=8-5&keywords=black+ring

That's where I ordered mine. I actually ordered that style ring, but 4mm wide. When I got my first ring and it didn't fit, I checked the included ring sizing chart and it said half sizes were available. When I returned the other ring and requested a 7.5 they never said anything about how I couldn't get one in that size. I wonder if they had to do some weird special order thing or if they're just sitting on it. I've heard of several month long back orders before though, so I'm not that annoyed/worried. Not really sure what I should do though. I don't want to keep pestering them if they can't do much about it, but I want my ring!

I was wearing a black beaded ring I made for myself for quite some time, but unfortunately it finally broke when I didn't have any beading line to remake it though I kept all the beads. In its place, I ordered two titanium rings through Amazon.com to be sure I had the right size. They came in and I'm really liking them. It's a simple design, but very classy.

Lambda Corvus

Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences in their rings, either Tungsten or not. I will factor your feedback and suggestions into my eventual purchase decision.

May I ask who the seller was? I'm having pretty much the same problem. I ordered a tungsten carbide ring from Amazon. It was pretty much exactly what I wanted, but I didn't see any half sizes, so I ordered the next size up. I got my ring, but it was way too big to be manageable. I sent it back and they said that the size I requested (a half size) would be on back order for one to two weeks. Three weeks later and no replacement. I e-mailed them to ask what the deal was, and they said it was still on back order and they would contact me when it was available. That was four weeks ago. I found one just like the one I ordered that comes in my size so I think I'll just order that and tell the other seller I'm not interested anymore.

I am not sure if we can post names of 'companies' on here, but my bad experiences were had with a seller going by the name of 'Metal Masters Co'.

TuesMorning

That's funny. I had placed an order with them but canceled it when I found someone else selling something better. I ordered a 12.5 ring as the 13 slips right off my finger now. I can't afford to lose any more weight, lol.

Let us know what you come out with.

I'm sorry to hear that people are having trouble buying rings. If it helps, I bought a stainless steel one from Kriskate & Co. on Amazon, and I think that order went very well. The ring was perfectly sized, the staff was ready and eager to replace it with a new one if I needed a new size or the ring was unsatisfactory, it came in a cute little box. And about six months later, there's no chips or discoloration- it's holding up really well, for being a ring that only cost me about $15 including shipping!

It's a spinner ring, so if you don't like that for some reason, then maybe you'll have to look elsewhere (although I'm sure the company's other orders are fine, too). If anyone is interested, though, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VI7PVK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Striped Sweater

So, I made the decision a few days ago that I would wait until March 23 before I took any action on my ring order. If my ring was still on backorder, I would cancel the sale and buy one from another company. Just this morning I get an e-mail saying that my order has shipped. Funny how that worked out!

Fluttershy13

I found a picture of the different sexuality flags, and I thought I'd put my own spin on them. This one is me, Panromantic Asexual.

v7hbvr.jpg

I'm going to put all the different pride flags in the heart for different romantic asexualities, and with a higher-quality program. For aromantic, I thought I'd stick with the trend I see on AVEN and use a solid black spade symbol.

• Like 2
icantlevitate

I found a picture of the different sexuality flags, and I thought I'd put my own spin on them. This one is me, Panromantic Asexual.

I'm going to put all the different pride flags in the heart for different romantic asexualities, and with a higher-quality program. For aromantic, I thought I'd stick with the trend I see on AVEN and use a solid black spade symbol.

mine is;

AceCardSpade_zps6afc3ff4.jpg

• Like 1
Striped Sweater

Well, after searching hard for the perfect ring, ordering the wrong size, and being put on a two month backorder, my ring's finally here! It's still a little loose, but way better than the first one I got. I'm so happy. :) I may even order another less bulky ring for more everyday use, but we'll see how this one works out for a few weeks.

• Like 4
Striped Sweater

I'm sorry it's not perfect, but hooray for having a ring! ^___^

Eh, it's okay. After wearing it for a few hours and doing some typing and drawing, the weird loose feeling's kinda wearing off. Can't wait to wear it while I'm out! Not that anyone will probably notice.....oh well, I'll feel cool, which I don't feel very often haha.

I bought a few plain black rings from a store that sells Native American goods in the mall. I'm not sure what they are made of, but they are really durable. Only cost about $20 for five of them (extras in case I'm negligent with them -_-). Anyway, I quite like them.

• Like 1
Flapdoodle21

I love to have mine on in times when I feel insecure. My parents regularly attack my sexuality, and I tend to get hit on when I'm on the bus. In either case, and many others, I like to have it to remind me that I am not alone in this or broken.

• Like 1

I love the idea of the black ring.

I'm really thinking to buy one.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of going on a black ring hunt while in London with my Dad next week, but just in case I can't find one, I have a few saved in my wish list on amazon. Now with seeing that people have had problems with certain amazon sellers, I'm curious, what do you know about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/black-Tungsten-Carbide-Band-Ring/dp/B007JYTHOK/

Lambda Corvus

ace-ring_zps837f2636.jpeg

Yay! I received my ring and have been wearing it for a few days. I am very happy with it so far. Though the picture does not show it, it has a slightly brushed metal appearance on the face.

I thank all of the community members who have posted their experiences with acquiring a ring. Special thanks to those who responded to my query. For all of those interested: I bought this ring from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071FIMRU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

• Like 1